Sign in to follow this  
rmctie

Henri Lansbury

Mr Lansbury saying West Ham have a stronger squad than Norwich, oh dear henri.http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/westham/westhamnews/9248140.Hammers_have_stronger_squad_than_promoted_Canaries/

Not that it should really bother him, he''s just extended his contract at Arsenal, so its obvious he won''t be staying at Wet Spam.

Well, he wasn''t going to come out and say that West Ham have no chance of getting promotion or that they have a worse squad than Norwich did last year.

Tom fair point although thought saying ''we have a squad good enough for the premier league would have sufficed.'' Seems to me he was taking a little dig at Norwich and Simon lappin that was why I posted the message because it was about Norwich not because it was about lansbury, end of.

[quote user="rmctie"]Mr Lansbury saying West Ham have a stronger squad than Norwich, oh dear henri.http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/westham/westhamnews/9248140.Hammers_have_stronger_squad_than_promoted_Canaries/[/quote]They do have a stronger squad than the one that we went up with last year, you seem to be criticising him for stating the obvious. We punched above our weight and our passion and endeavour got us up. Looks like we missed a trick on Baldock too, quality young player who will develop into a player like Kevin Phillips in my opinion. The eleven players starting their last match were.....Green, Reid, Tomkins, O''Brien, McCartney, Taylor, Lansbury, M. Noble, Faubert, K. Nolan, Cole. On the bench they had.... Bentley, Piquionne, Faye, Boffin, Baldock. Our typical eleven towards the end of last year was....Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Ward, Tierney, Fox, Crofts, Hoolahan, Surman, Holt, Jackson. Players that were used a lot on the bench included.... Rudd, Lappin, Smith, Wilbraham, GillI don''t think Lansbury wins any prizes for stating the obvious, on paper they should walk the Championship, and with 15 goals in 6 games they probably will. They have scored 4 goals in three of their games already. They are by far the strongest squad in that league and would have been last year too. We wouldn''t have got automatic with West Ham in the league, I expect them to win the league and then stay in it without signing many players, just like Newcastle did.

[quote user="rmctie"]Mr Lansbury saying West Ham have a stronger squad than Norwich, oh dear henri.http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/westham/westhamnews/9248140.Hammers_have_stronger_squad_than_promoted_Canaries/[/quote]They do have a stronger squad than the one that we went up with last year, you seem to be criticising him for stating the obvious. We punched above our weight and our passion and endeavour got us up. Looks like we missed a trick on Baldock too, quality young player who will develop into a player like Kevin Phillips in my opinion. The eleven players starting their last match were.....Green, Reid, Tomkins, O''Brien, McCartney, Taylor, Lansbury, M. Noble, Faubert, K. Nolan, Cole. On the bench they had.... Bentley, Piquionne, Faye, Boffin, Baldock. Our typical eleven towards the end of last year was....Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Ward, Tierney, Fox, Crofts, Hoolahan, Surman, Holt, Jackson. Players that were used a lot on the bench included.... Rudd, Lappin, Smith, Wilbraham, GillI don''t think Lansbury wins any prizes for stating the obvious, on paper they should walk the Championship, and with 15 goals in 6 games they probably will. They have scored 4 goals in three of their games already. They are by far the strongest squad in that league and would have been last year too. We wouldn''t have got automatic with West Ham in the league, I expect them to win the league and then stay in it without signing many players, just like Newcastle did.

Don''t see anything disrespectful there, to be fair, on paper they probably do have a stronger squad. As long as they have the same team spirit, work ethic, man-management etc etc us then they should be OK then! [;)]

[quote user="rmctie"]Tom fair point although thought saying ''we have a squad good enough for the premier league would have sufficed.'' Seems to me he was taking a little dig at Norwich and Simon lappin that was why I posted the message because it was about Norwich not because it was about lansbury, end of.[/quote]Did you link to the wrong article then? What are you talking about, there wasn''t anything in there that could be construed as a dig at Simon Lappin you wally, strange comment. He was stating the obvious, we were thin on the ground all year at Norwich, we were stuck playing the diamond, and there were numerous players who didn''t really have anybody competing for their place last year.Ruddy didn''t really have competition, Russell Martin didn''t, the likes of Gill and OTJ weren''t capable of putting pressure on Crofts and Fox, and until the end of the season we didn''t have any outlet other than Hoolahan (and still don''t, really). Lansbury is right, we had a very small squad, and at some stages the 16 fit players were the players in the squad.

[quote user="Loopzilla"]Don''t see anything disrespectful there, to be fair, on paper they probably do have a stronger squad. As long as they have the same team spirit, work ethic, man-management etc etc us then they should be OK then! [;)][/quote]Exactly, that was what got us promoted, not the quality of our squad. Lambert got the best out of a bunch who were in no stretch of the imagination the 2nd best team in terms of ability, but by far and away the best in terms of desire and resolve.

Well he is right, on paper they have the best squad in the league and the best manager in the league. Not to say they will go up but Henri is spot on in terms of individual quality when compared to our side last year.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="rmctie"]Tom fair point although thought saying ''we have a squad good enough for the premier league would have sufficed.'' Seems to me he was taking a little dig at Norwich and Simon lappin that was why I posted the message because it was about Norwich not because it was about lansbury, end of.[/quote]Did you link to the wrong article then? What are you talking about, there wasn''t anything in there that could be construed as a dig at Simon Lappin you wally, strange comment. He was stating the obvious, we were thin on the ground all year at Norwich, we were stuck playing the diamond, and there were numerous players who didn''t really have anybody competing for their place last year.Ruddy didn''t really have competition, Russell Martin didn''t, the likes of Gill and OTJ weren''t capable of putting pressure on Crofts and Fox, and until the end of the season we didn''t have any outlet other than Hoolahan (and still don''t, really). Lansbury is right, we had a very small squad, and at some stages the 16 fit players were the players in the squad.[/quote]He was referring to ''Simon Lappin King of Spain''''s post!

[quote user="rmctie"]Tom fair point although thought saying ''we have a squad good enough for the premier league would have sufficed.'' Seems to me he was taking a little dig at Norwich and Simon lappin that was why I posted the message because it was about Norwich not because it was about lansbury, end of.[/quote]He would not have come out of the blue with this comment ..... he would have been asked something like this by the journalist:"How does this squad compare to the one you played in with Norwich"And in truth he probably isn''t too wrong taking into account the player reputation & experience on offer. However we all know it was mainly down to the team spirit & winning mentality Lambert has instilled that we have secured Premiership status. If the question was more geared around team spirit I think he would have noted that we had something quite special here last  year.It''s how the media works... they feed players words to create provocative sentences.... we should all wise up to this fact instead of freaking out anyone says anything remotely negative.

No he isn''t wrong, as was Huckerby when he said that about our squad just before he was axed by roeder.

I remember some on here calling for blood. Ridiculous he was totally right we had following huckerby''s arrival built squads poorly.

As mentioned Henri would have a leading question, remember sports media loves London clubs and west ham just watch how many games they will have live or comments on sky sports news. I really don''t like west ham would love them to be playing championship football in the olympic stadium.

I just hope that we do not face them in the 3rd round of the cup in january like we did in the 2004/05 season. Cause so far this season is looking very familiar to that one.

Fair points maybe I was a little harsh on Lansbury just seemed a little unnecessary to me to include Norwich when talking of west ham squad, but maybe it wa just a turn of phaseAnd yes I was talking about the poster simon lappin king of spain the player I have no problem with.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Well he is right, on paper they have the best squad in the league and the best manager in the league. Not to say they will go up but Henri is spot on in terms of individual quality when compared to our side last year.[/quote]And this year too, if we''re all honest.