Sign in to follow this  
Loopzilla

Tamas accepts charge...

Great. So now three other teams, quite possibly our relegation rivals, get to play West Brom a man light.

So we''re being shafted again.

I''m still seething.

[quote user="Loopzilla"]Not that it helps us much, but at least he gets punished by the FA. [/quote]Theres a naive part of me that hopes things like this will provoke discussion at the FA and they will maybe start to see that "smaller clubs" really aren''t getting decisions.

Read the piece on the WBA site. They are only accepting the charge because its too difficult to prove that he didn''t mean it. He accepts being a clumsy.

That should help you to stop seething

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Loopzilla"]Not that it helps us much, but at least he gets punished by the FA. [/quote]Theres a naive part of me that hopes things like this will provoke discussion at the FA and they will maybe start to see that "smaller clubs" really aren''t getting decisions.[/quote]I''ve thought exactly the same, but then I have a naive part also.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Read the piece on the WBA site. They are only accepting the charge because its too difficult to prove that he didn''t mean it. He accepts being a clumsy.

[/quote]The fact he looked round to make sure where he was before he elbowed him is a bit of a giveaway lol.

Im pleased the FA have charged him but would have obviously much rathered a 3 match ban given when a red card should have been shown on Sunday!! Oh well maybe this incident will encourage refs to be kinder to us after this stupid ''missed'' incident... I can only hope anyway!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

The fact he looked round to make sure where he was before he elbowed him is a bit of a giveaway lol.
[/quote]

This is indeed interesting beacuse according to Roy Hodgson it was a complete accident???!!., not much resitence to the punishment if he really felt that strong about it?

As fpor being "too difficult to prove he didn''t mean it", surely if being accused of something, the onus is on the FA to prove that he did mean it ??

I was watching Gary Neville talking about it yesterday and he didn''t seem in any doubt about what happened and and said he couldn''t see any grounds for appeal.

I was well impressed with Gary Neville as a pundit BTW[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was watching Gary Neville talking about it yesterday and he didn''t seem in any doubt about what happened and and said he couldn''t see any grounds for appeal.

I was well impressed with Gary Neville as a pundit BTW[Y]

[/quote]I really, really like him as a pundit. It feels wrong, as I disliked him as a player, but he is very good.[Y]

I wonder whether it would make sense to make one of the games he was banned for the return game at west brom between the two sides.  It would be a very small benefit but least we get something out of it then.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Sorry not good enough, it was intentional and the Police would be involved if I had anything to do with it, It''s plain and simple Tamas is nothing but a thug and should go in front of a magistrate for ABH, Come on Norwich go to the police   

Shame the charge wasn''t ''malicious'' rather than ''dangerous'', which it clearly was. Did Tamas go and see if Vaughn was okay? ...No! he just shrugged his shoulders in a dishonest charade of innocence. Where is the humanity or sportsmanship in that?

Fair play, respect...Dear FA your initiatives mean nothing!

Perhaps James should have referred it to Norfolk Constabulary...but guess there might be an understanding here as to how far such incidents are taken inside the game.

3 games is more than I would have thought. Now of course it doesn''t effect the result on Sunday but I hope it effects the upcoming results for WBA.

This type of review is needed for every game, with these incidents, feigning injury (harte last season with holts nothing challenge) and diving. I believe that these type of incidents should result in 3 match bans.

This will effect the team rather than the individual (as a fine would do). Hence making managers and coaches alert these players not to damage the team by such actions.

yes I am annoyed it doesn''t effect our game, but if we follow this through it makes the game of football much better.

I for one hope that Vaughan takes the anger from this into the game against bolton and scores our winning goal

[quote user="smooth"]3 games is more than I would have thought. Now of course it doesn''t effect the result on Sunday but I hope it effects the upcoming results for WBA. This type of review is needed for every game, with these incidents, feigning injury (harte last season with holts nothing challenge) and diving. I believe that these type of incidents should result in 3 match bans. This will effect the team rather than the individual (as a fine would do). Hence making managers and coaches alert these players not to damage the team by such actions. yes I am annoyed it doesn''t effect our game, but if we follow this through it makes the game of football much better. I for one hope that Vaughan takes the anger from this into the game against bolton and scores our winning goal[/quote]

I suspect he might just take out his anger on Tamas the next time he plays him in an "Andy Johnson/George Santos style act of retaliation" situation of some years ago?!?

I always had respect for WBA and their manager in different roles through the years. The comments on their website are beyond beleif. Quite clearly he watched Vaughan get into the position where maximum injury could be caused. They also have one of their coaches taking the p*ss at us saying we got him banned now it will be us that suffer as they are playing our relegation rivals when he is suspended. Is it not normal when something like this happens especially if it was an accident to apologise ? I think Tamas is a bit scared. Why are we ( the team that was stuffed by all this ) being held up as the bad guys by WBA ?.   

Dont suppose for one second it will happen but Vaughan and or the club should demand the offending article be taken off their website, a public apology made or Vaughan will commence legal proceedings. Anyone got Hodgsons email address maybe we could send him all the various footage. 

Clearly in that part of the West Midlands having thugs in your team is acceptable ala Muscat at Wolves.

so Tamas will miss Swansea away, Everton away (cup) and Sunderland away - gee that really helps Norwich, thanks FA(!)

seems so harsh on us...