Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

QPR V Newcastle

wow I hate to say it but QPR look really good, they were cert for the drop for me, with the players they bought looks unlikey, plus they will probably will spend another 10-20 mil in jan :(

[quote user="simo86"]wow I hate to say it but QPR look really good, they were cert for the drop for me, with the players they bought looks unlikey, plus they will probably will spend another 10-20 mil in jan :([/quote]

SWP look great on the right but Bothroyd miss a lot first 30 min....

QPR oposite to us with plenty premiere expiriense

most of them prety average but they look balansed team so far...

Lets all go support QPR then, they have room in their ground....

They are exactly whats wrong with football, buying success. I''m surprised Warnock is involved, i thought he was the type of person who would be against all that, but no he''s happy to spend millions on players who are better/were better than players QPR should be attracting, but money speaks.

I really don''t care if QPR finish in the top 10, and we finish bottom, I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team, a manager who wants to build up a team and a squad, and players who put in 100% effort and disruption is never going to happen within the squad. QPR cannot claim to have any of that, i''m happy to be a NCFC fan.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lets all go support QPR then, they have room in their ground.... They are exactly whats wrong with football, buying success. I''m surprised Warnock is involved, i thought he was the type of person who would be against all that, but no he''s happy to spend millions on players who are better/were better than players QPR should be attracting, but money speaks. I really don''t care if QPR finish in the top 10, and we finish bottom, I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team, a manager who wants to build up a team and a squad, and players who put in 100% effort and disruption is never going to happen within the squad. QPR cannot claim to have any of that, i''m happy to be a NCFC fan.[/quote] hey dont get me wrong i hope they crash and burn, i just dont want to see them do well because all this rubbish how good they were last year and they werent, just a one man show, and now they have some idiot who polughed millions into them and everybody will make a big deal of it, i am pretty sure they will be the first team to spend this amount of money in there first season in the prem

The small respect I had for Colin evaporated when I read his interview in today''s Times. A long rant about how he deserved Championship Manager of The Year and Lambert was embarrassed to receive the award. The man is arrogant beyond description!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lets all go support QPR then, they have room in their ground....

They are exactly whats wrong with football, buying success. I''m surprised Warnock is involved, i thought he was the type of person who would be against all that, but no he''s happy to spend millions on players who are better/were better than players QPR should be attracting, but money speaks.

I really don''t care if QPR finish in the top 10, and we finish bottom, I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team, a manager who wants to build up a team and a squad, and players who put in 100% effort and disruption is never going to happen within the squad. QPR cannot claim to have any of that, i''m happy to be a NCFC fan.[/quote]

Hello, first post and I just find the comments above hilarious and completely ill informed.

"They are exactly whats wrong with football, buying success"

Buying success?? Lets see...

Norwich; Steve Morison (Millwall, £2.8m), James Vaughan (Everton, £2.5m), Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield, £2m), Daniel Ayala (Liverpool, undisclosed), Elliott Bennett (Brighton, undisclosed), Bradley Johnson (Leeds, free), Ritchie De Laet (Manchester United, loan), Kyle Naughton (Tottenham, loan).

TOTAL (excluding undisclosed fees) = £7.3m

QPR; DJ Campbell (Blackpool, £1.2m), Armand Traore (Arsenal, undisclosed), Danny Gabbidon (West Ham, free), Kieron Dyer (West Ham, free), Jay Bothroyd (Cardiff, free), Brian Murphy (Ipswich, free), Bruno Perone (Tombense, free), Joey Barton (Newcastle, free), Shaun Wright-Phillips (QPR, undisclosed), Anton Ferdinand (Sunderland, £3m).

TOTAL (excluding undisclosed fees) = £4.2m

Maths was never my strong point but even I can work out Norwich have spent a lot more on transfers.

"I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team"

Have you got no idea what Tony Fernandes plus Amit Bhatia & Phil Beard have done for the club in just a few short weeks?

How many F1 cars at the Belgium Grand Prix had "Team Carrow" on then? Well... we had this;

http://paultan.org/image/team-loftus.jpg

Nice colour scheme.. don''t you think?!

"...a manager who wants to build up a team and a squad" errrr, yes he does.

"....players who put in 100% effort and disruption is never going to happen within the squad". Did you not see the game tonight then?

"QPR cannot claim to have any of that" WRONG, so utterly wrong.

How do you know ours aren''t sustainable though?

They might be, they might not be but you can''t pass off speculation as fact.

Did you see the picture of "Team Loftus"? Nice isn''t it.

"i just dont want to see them do well because all this rubbish how good they were last year and they werent, just a one man show"

2010-11 PFA Championship Team of the Year;

Paddy Kenny (Queens Park Rangers)

Kyle Naughton (Leicester City)

Wes Morgan (Nottingham Forest)

Ashley Williams (Swansea City)

Ian Harte (Reading)

Adel Taarabt (Queens Park Rangers)

Andy King (Leicester City)

Wes Hoolahan (Norwich City)

Scott Sinclair (Swansea City)

Grant Holt (Norwich City)

Danny Graham (Watford)

Two each from the three promoted teams so not quite a one man show.

The team was purposely built around Taarabt so no doubt he got the limelight but as well as him and Kenny we had Derry, Faulin, Gorkks, Routlege, Helguson that all had a blinding season amongst others.

Yes, we were something like ''only'' the 5th highest scoring team in the divison but we registered 9 ''doubles'', considerably more than any other club, and kept a divisional record of 23 clean sheets and conceded by some distance the least amount of goals. We were most certainly not boring to watch, racking up 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 4-0 wins and in fact, our first 1-0 win wasn''t until February 4th, away at Reading, two thirds into the season.

But you''re right, we weren''t all that good last season.

Investment into Norwich wouldn''t go a miss for me, would love to cement ourselves into a prem team even if it means spending big to do it.

Sure if we were in Q.P.R.''s position and playing well none of us on here would be moaning thats for sure.

Only moaning as it hasn''t happened to us and deep down we are envious.

Why do people who support other teams come here?I don''t have a problem with it, I just don''t get it lol.I have never posted on another clubs forum.

Thread entitled "QPR v Newcastle"

Normally I agree with you but considering there''s been inaccurate things said about QPR, just wanted to put the record straight.

[quote user="QPR67"]Thread entitled "QPR v Newcastle"

Normally I agree with you but considering there''s been inaccurate things said about QPR, just wanted to put the record straight.[/quote]Do you read the forums here then, on the off chance?[:D]

[quote user="QPR67"]Nope, never heard of this site until today. Saw a link to this thread from another site.[/quote]Ahhh, right. I wondered how people end up here sometimes.[Y]

[quote user="QPR67"]

Did you see the picture of "Team Loftus"? Nice isn''t it.[/quote]I don''t have any comments to make about the respective quality of each of our teams just yet, I prefer to get a bit further into a season before making a judgement, we have been slow off of the starting blocks for our two promotion seasons. On paper you have a very good team, on paper we have an unproven team full of raw talent, who knows which one will pay dividends. We might both stay up, we might both go down, one could probably assume that if you keep Joey Barton fit and he doesn''t lose the plot then you will have a good chance of a strong finish. I do have to wonder what the relevance of the ''Team Loftus'' thing has to do with us at all though, yeah so it''s a yellow and green race car, fail to see your point. If your point is that Lotus is a Norfolk based business and used to be our shirt sponsor then your barking up the wrong tree mate. Fernandes owns a team called ''Team Lotus'', and he is currently in a court battle with ''Group Lotus'' over the use of their name, it has nothing to do with the company which makes Lotus cars. The actual Lotus car company, the one that makes the Lotus cars that you see on the road and employs hundreds of people in Norfolk, sponsors the team Lotus Renault F1. They were the Lotus who, along with Proton, were our shirt sponsors for several years.Unless you are in some way insinuating that seeing the word ''Loftus'' in yellow, on a green background, would somehow upset us? Because I can''t think of anything more trivial. You are talking to fans who had to put up with those filthy glory hunters at Carrow Road wearing yellow and green scarves for several years. Fernandes wanted ''Team Lotus'' to race in black and green this year but was prevented by doing so because Lotus Renault F1 decided to do the same. About a month ago Group Lotus announced a £1m five year sponsorship deal of something or other, not quite sure yet, so it is safe to assume that we will not be having anything whatsoever to do with ''Team Lotus'' and Fernandes under any circumstances. Group Lotus are currently suing him, after all.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="QPR67"]

Did you see the picture of "Team Loftus"? Nice isn''t it.[/quote]I don''t have any comments to make about the respective quality of each of our teams just yet, I prefer to get a bit further into a season before making a judgement, we have been slow off of the starting blocks for our two promotion seasons. On paper you have a very good team, on paper we have an unproven team full of raw talent, who knows which one will pay dividends. We might both stay up, we might both go down, one could probably assume that if you keep Joey Barton fit and he doesn''t lose the plot then you will have a good chance of a strong finish. I do have to wonder what the relevance of the ''Team Loftus'' thing has to do with us at all though, yeah so it''s a yellow and green race car, fail to see your point. If your point is that Lotus is a Norfolk based business and used to be our shirt sponsor then your barking up the wrong tree mate. Fernandes owns a team called ''Team Lotus'', and he is currently in a court battle with ''Group Lotus'' over the use of their name, it has nothing to do with the company which makes Lotus cars. The actual Lotus car company, the one that makes the Lotus cars that you see on the road and employs hundreds of people in Norfolk, sponsors the team Lotus Renault F1. They were the Lotus who, along with Proton, were our shirt sponsors for several years.Unless you are in some way insinuating that seeing the word ''Loftus'' in yellow, on a green background, would somehow upset us? Because I can''t think of anything more trivial. You are talking to fans who had to put up with those filthy glory hunters at Carrow Road wearing yellow and green scarves for several years. Fernandes wanted ''Team Lotus'' to race in black and green this year but was prevented by doing so because Lotus Renault F1 decided to do the same. About a month ago Group Lotus announced a £1m five year sponsorship deal of something or other, not quite sure yet, so it is safe to assume that we will not be having anything whatsoever to do with ''Team Lotus'' and Fernandes under any circumstances. Group Lotus are currently suing him, after all.[/quote]I meant "filthy glory hunters at Old Trafford wearing yellow and green scarves for several years." of course, although to a small degree the former still applies.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="QPR67"]

Did you see the picture of "Team Loftus"? Nice isn''t it.[/quote]I don''t have any comments to make about the respective quality of each of our teams just yet, I prefer to get a bit further into a season before making a judgement, we have been slow off of the starting blocks for our two promotion seasons. On paper you have a very good team, on paper we have an unproven team full of raw talent, who knows which one will pay dividends. We might both stay up, we might both go down, one could probably assume that if you keep Joey Barton fit and he doesn''t lose the plot then you will have a good chance of a strong finish. I do have to wonder what the relevance of the ''Team Loftus'' thing has to do with us at all though, yeah so it''s a yellow and green race car, fail to see your point. If your point is that Lotus is a Norfolk based business and used to be our shirt sponsor then your barking up the wrong tree mate. Fernandes owns a team called ''Team Lotus'', and he is currently in a court battle with ''Group Lotus'' over the use of their name, it has nothing to do with the company which makes Lotus cars. The actual Lotus car company, the one that makes the Lotus cars that you see on the road and employs hundreds of people in Norfolk, sponsors the team Lotus Renault F1. They were the Lotus who, along with Proton, were our shirt sponsors for several years.Unless you are in some way insinuating that seeing the word ''Loftus'' in yellow, on a green background, would somehow upset us? Because I can''t think of anything more trivial. You are talking to fans who had to put up with those filthy glory hunters at Carrow Road wearing yellow and green scarves for several years. Fernandes wanted ''Team Lotus'' to race in black and green this year but was prevented by doing so because Lotus Renault F1 decided to do the same. About a month ago Group Lotus announced a £1m five year sponsorship deal of something or other, not quite sure yet, so it is safe to assume that we will not be having anything whatsoever to do with ''Team Lotus'' and Fernandes under any circumstances. Group Lotus are currently suing him, after all.[/quote]I meant "filthy glory hunters at Old Trafford wearing yellow and green scarves for several years." of course, although to a small degree the former still applies.[/quote]This:http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich_city_announce_partnership_with_group_lotus_1_996044Is a completely different business.

Hi LeJuge, interesting comments (yes, I was aware of the whole Lotus issue even before Fernandes took over at QPR) but it was a bit of a waste of 5 paragraphs.

Any references to yellow & green, Lotus etc are merely coincidental and bears no relation to my comment about the Team Loftus sticker on the F1 car.

Gingerpele wrote "I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team" insinutaing our new owners don''t care. By showing what Tony Fernandes had done at the Belgian Grand Prix was to illustarte that he DOES care.

OK, well maybe my comment about "Nice colour scheme?" was a little bit tongue in cheek but I felt agrieved about the insinuations.

I can imagine how pi$$ed off you lot must be about Man U using their Newton Heath colours as green/yellow these days is pretty synonomous with Norwich but it''s just like Reading reverting back to blue & white hoops in the 90''s when they had not used it for literally decades then they get all righteous about how we are the ''fake hoops''.  Yes, they may have had it before us but not by much but they dropped it fairly soon after whereas we have used it unbroken for nearly 100 years.

[quote user="QPR67"]

Hi LeJuge, interesting comments (yes, I was aware of the whole Lotus issue even before Fernandes took over at QPR) but it was a bit of a waste of 5 paragraphs.

Any references to yellow & green, Lotus etc are merely coincidental and bears no relation to my comment about the Team Loftus sticker on the F1 car.

Gingerpele wrote "I would rather we had an owner that actually cares about the team" insinutaing our new owners don''t care. By showing what Tony Fernandes had done at the Belgian Grand Prix was to illustarte that he DOES care.

[/quote]

I have no idea whether the whole Tony Fernandes thing will work out for you or not. he may well turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread or he may turn out to be yet another meglomaniac football club owner in it for the wrong reasons.

I would however be a bit careful about assuming he really "cares" because of a sticker on a formula one car when the guy was sniffing around us a year ago and (i suspect after he was given a cold reception by Delia) also declared himself to be a die hard West Ham fan who could never buy any other club.

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice and the prestige involved with running a formula 1 team and a prem football team. I presume he won''t want to embarrass himself by it all going horribly wrong which is good news for you. He will care about that. I suspect he also cares about the possibility of making big money from any new ground/opportunity to redevelop Loftus Road. However, I very, very much doubt he really cares that much deep down about QPR!

As for the transfers those figures you quote are of course deceptive as we could not have signed most of the players you have as we would not have offered anything like the wages. You are overstretching yourselves and taking a gamble. that said you have now assembled what looks like a decent side so maybe the gamble will work.

QPR were good last night but a few injuries will devastate them as they have a small squad, and in this league injuries can come thick and fast.  Also I expect Barton to miss quite a few games due to his usual silly antics.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]QPR seem to lack a decent striker. Even after spending big on transfer deadline day they have not resolved this problem.[/quote]

They have DJ Campbell who scored 13 in the Prem last season, which is better than any of our current lot will muster this season IMO. .

Good point on Campbell, on the plus side I wouldn''t have been cheering from the rooftops if we had signed him.

I don''t think he is much cop, having been relegated with Birmingham and Blackpool, but agreed, if he pulls 13 goals out the bag for QPR this season they won''t be complaining.

I have no idea whether Tony Fernandes is the real deal or not but he''s done more in a few weeks than Tango & Cash did in 4 years so he''s certainly shown tremendous faith in the club.

Briatore was utterly insulting to the fans and treated us with nothing but contempt.  The man is obnoxious beyond belief.  There''s an independant film coming out soon called "The Four Year" plan and I think it''ll be a real eye opener how they ran things during their tenure.

http://www.adhocfilms.com/projects/the-4-year-plan

Fernandes has never hidden his feeldings towards West Ham but he''s also said he lived for quite a while on the Uxbridge Road (a big main road two streets from Loftus Road) and went to see QPR often and has a soft spot for the club.

With most clubs, we''re at the mercy of the owners and have to hope & trust they''ll do the right thing.

[quote user="QPR67"]

I have no idea whether Tony Fernandes is the real deal or not but he''s done more in a few weeks than Tango & Cash did in 4 years so he''s certainly shown tremendous faith in the club.

Briatore was utterly insulting to the fans and treated us with nothing but contempt.  The man is obnoxious beyond belief.  There''s an independant film coming out soon called "The Four Year" plan and I think it''ll be a real eye opener how they ran things during their tenure.

http://www.adhocfilms.com/projects/the-4-year-plan

Fernandes has never hidden his feeldings towards West Ham but he''s also said he lived for quite a while on the Uxbridge Road (a big main road two streets from Loftus Road) and went to see QPR often and has a soft spot for the club.

With most clubs, we''re at the mercy of the owners and have to hope & trust they''ll do the right thing.

[/quote]

Don''t disagree. Is the same with most owners and I guess thus far Fernandes has done all the right things. He certainly appears to be an improvement on the Palladini and Briatore! My point was that really very, very few owners care deep down as much for the club as the likes of you and I and it will be interesting to see how much of Fernandes public bluster has real substance. Ironically we are probably one of the exceptions to that rule but unfortunately whilst our owners clearly care, they are not anywhere near as rich as most other owners of prem clubs so its swings and roundabouts!

I have nothing against QPR other than I hope you don''t stay up at our expense! I would much rather see the likes of Norwich and QPR in the prem than more tinpot north west clubs. Until recently I lived on Shepherds Bush Road for several years so know the area (and Uxbridge Road) well. Funnily enough Fernandes was also waxing lyrical about Norfolk and how much he likes spending time there at the time he was sounding out our board over investing in us!

lets be realistic fellow yellas...we''d love to have Anton F (instead of de laet or barnett), SWP (instead of pilks or bennet), JB (instead of wilbo), and Barton (instead of Lappin or Korey) in our squad but the truth is we dont have one of the richest families backing 33% of every signing so that was never going to happen. What we have got in our favour is the fact that Colin is a great motivator but his tactical awareness is sometimes naive; Put this against our PL ("unproven but bright young thing") and our young and hungry squad and we''ll be there or there abouts...(17th)

something tells me Colin won''t be there come May and a few dodgy results for QPR will make their squad start to look over their shoulders. Our players have nothing to lose, QPR''s have.

I have to add, I don''t mind the R''s...I hope they stay up along with us.