Sign in to follow this  
sheffcanary

The price for a Grade A game is going upto £55! Glad I've a season ticket.

Went into the club shop today and they said the price of Grade A games was going upto £55, a bit extortionate but I''m all for it! Most of the loyal fans have season tickets.

[quote user="sheffcanary"]Went into the club shop today and they said the price of Grade A games was going upto £55, a bit extortionate but I''m all for it! Most of the loyal fans have season tickets.[/quote]

Good to know you won''t mind paying a few hundred more next season then. [:D]

The ticket price hike (and inevitable season ticket price rise next season) is due to the shortage of fish in our seas...

...these prawns won''t catch themselves...and our club has to subsidise the sandwiches some how.

Haha what a joker. Not everyone who is a Norwich fan can get (unaffordable, live to far away, go to away games etc) a Season Ticket you know - it doesn''t make them ''un-loyal''?! Get a grip.

IF this is true then this is really bad news for all as NCFC clearly think they can get away with yet more price hikes, thinking that the fans will just put up and shut up.

Going to leave it at that until we have the offical word from the club.

Wel quite simply people will start sharing season tickets. Four people will go in for 2 season tickets and just choose the games.

Well at least the games are on tv.

£55, I''ll pay that to go to wimbledon for the tennis, the challenge cup final, six nations game, a day at a test match, American football at Wembley. One off sporting events are worth that but not something every other weekend.

Glad I like other sports and go to them, Norwich is always a treat but I wan''t happy paying £35 for qpr or cardiff last season. So £55 quid, I ''d rather go to away games or watch it in the pub than pay £55 quid

The casual ticket policy os often an indicator to intentions on season ticket prices for next year

NCFC clearly think they can get this price for matches, assuming they do sell i''d fear substantial hikes in Season Ticket renewal costs if we retain premiership status

Casual Match Prices 2011-12

Grade A

Members'' match prices are from £43 for adults, £33 for over-65s, £23 for under-16s and £13 for under-12s. Season ticket holders'' and non-members'' match prices are from £45 for adults, £35 for over-65s, £25 for under-16s and £15 for under-12s.

Grade B

Members'' match prices are from £33 for adults, £23 for over-65s, £18 for under-16s and £10 for under-12s. Season ticket holders'' and non-members'' match prices are from £35 for adults, £25 for over-65s, £20 for under-16s and £12 for under-12s.

Grade C

Members'' match prices are from £28 for adults, £18 for over-65s, £13 for under-16s and £8 for under-12s. Season ticket holders'' and non-members'' match prices are from £30 for adults, £20 for over-65s, £15 for under-16s and £10 for under-12s.

Click here for a full list of casual match prices and sale dates for the 2011-12 season.

If you are looking to purchase tickets in the disabled area, please contact Disability Liaison Officer, Stephen Graham on 0844 826 1902 or abilitycounts@ncfc-canaries.co.uk.

For ticket office and phone line opening hours please click here.

@smooth

"Wel quite simply people will start sharing season tickets. Four people will go in for 2 season tickets and just choose the games."

I know plenty of Gooners and Chelski fans who do just this...maybe this what life in the prem league is all about. One of my Spurs pals has been forced to settle for a "4 pack" (4 tickets spread over 4 separately graded games) as he has been priced out of his 10+ years as a season ticket holder. Sad times.

Never mind - I''m not to keen on prawns anyway.

[quote user="sheffcanary"]Went into the club shop today and they said the price of Grade A games was going upto £55, a bit extortionate but I''m all for it! Most of the loyal fans have season tickets.[/quote]Clearly a poster who likes living on the edge.....

Are the prices in the post from Kidderminster Canary official then? If so, I might get to a couple of Grade C matches if I''m lucky. I wonder how many of those there will be? £43 to watch ninety minutes of football is scandalous and even if I could afford it I wouldn''t pay. Somebody else will though so I doubt the club will care too much.

As an aside where did the idea come from that prawn sandwiches are a sign of affluent supporters in corporate boxes? You can get a prawn sandwich for about a quid in Tesco!

"As an aside where did the idea come from that prawn sandwiches are a sign of affluent supporters in corporate boxes? You can get a prawn sandwich for about a quid in Tesco!"

Ahh that was a famous quote from Roy Keane in his Man U days where he complained that the corporate spectators at Old Trafford had killed the atmosphere - A lesson there methinks.

[quote user="Ren"]IF this is true then this is really bad news for all as NCFC clearly think they can get away with yet more price hikes, thinking that the fans will just put up and shut up.

Going to leave it at that until we have the offical word from the club.[/quote]''Fraid it is, Ren........the gory details have been on the NCFC site for several weeks. The new casual prices for six Grade A games are an eye-watering £55 for Centre Block seats but only a piffling £53 if you by one as a Super Member.( Tip : At 61p per minute play on the pitch probably best to stay off the industrial strength lager pre-match. Expensive sleep in the stand otherwise !! )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Ren"]IF this is true then this is really bad news for all as NCFC clearly think they can get away with yet more price hikes, thinking that the fans will just put up and shut up.

Going to leave it at that until we have the offical word from the club.[/quote]''Fraid it is, Ren........the gory details have been on the NCFC site for several weeks. The new casual prices for six Grade A games are an eye-watering £55 for Centre Block seats but only a piffling £53 if you by one as a Super Member.( Tip : At 61p per minute play on the pitch probably best to stay off the industrial strength lager pre-match. Expensive sleep in the stand otherwise !! )[/quote]Thats frankly scarey, and I worry what I''m going to find when I open my season ticket renewal.[:(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Ren"]IF this is true then this is really bad news for all as NCFC clearly think they can get away with yet more price hikes, thinking that the fans will just put up and shut up.

Going to leave it at that until we have the offical word from the club.[/quote]''Fraid it is, Ren........the gory details have been on the NCFC site for several weeks. The new casual prices for six Grade A games are an eye-watering £55 for Centre Block seats but only a piffling £53 if you by one as a Super Member.( Tip : At 61p per minute play on the pitch probably best to stay off the industrial strength lager pre-match. Expensive sleep in the stand otherwise !! )[/quote]

So it is! A little bit naughty that NCFC have chosen to only update certain parts of the site!

This is absolute bullshit.

Sheffcanary how does it mean your a true supporter if you have a season ticket? Some of us can simply not get hold of one or not afford it.

Like for me for an example I work 38 hours a week on min wage, I just came out of doing a college course and now I have the cash there is a queue of people (possibly glory hunters no offence to those who aren''t) who are trying to get them. Just because I do not have a season ticket does not mean I don''t bleed yellow and green, because I do.

So get out of your arse.

Actually looking around the NCFC website I am not so sure that these prices are new. They look the sane as they did at the start of the season, or am I missing simething???

They''re not "going up" to that price. That is the price announced before the start of the season for centre seats/lounge area. full list from the official site here:

http://www.soccerpmonline.co.uk/download/NCFC_Matchday_Information.pdf

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/GeneralTicketNews/0,,10355~2398543,00.html

And I agree with Cookie about all the "true supporter" crap. I''ve supported Norwich since I was 5 years old, started going to games when we got relegated to league 1 the other season and have had a supermembership ever since. Didn''t have the money at the time to buy a season ticket, so I''m trying to get to as many games as possible on a supermembership.

I agree with what spencer has said, I have had friends consider it at carrow road, but I myself thought about an away season ticket with a mate. He lives in London could go to those games and I was interested in the midland games, the others to be choosen, north east and north west.

Anyway I am happy buying the grade c because those games are the ones we are more likely to win I presume as they are less attractive teams I presume.

I wonder if an area of the car park could be cordoned off where those without tickets could standand enjoy the match day atmospehere while availing themselves of the opportunity to purchase over-priced, sub-standard food and beverages. Perhaps, one of the hotel rooms could be opened to allow these "have nots" to come in, one at a time ana press their noses up against the window to get a brief glimpse os what the "haves" are experiencing.

Mungo