Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Vital Games coming up

Let''s be realistic we are not going to finish in the top half of the table and Lambert needs to get a winning mentality back into the team. If you look at our run in, it''s unlikely we are going to pick up too many points. This makes the next few winnable games important, because remember, last season a point was the difference between survival and relegation for two clubs.

The next four games are Bolton away, Sunderland home, Man U away and Swansea home. Three of these are winnable and we need to pick up AT LEAST 5 points, which must include a win against Swansea to put us in a healthy position.

As long as we don''t give away anymore penalties or red cards I think that the quality of the team will be good enough to get 6 points from these games.

I agree to a degree. I am not looking beyond the Bolton and Sunderland games yet. Because I believe we NEED 3 points from this minimum but I hope we get 4+ if we are serious about getting that 17th place.

We are aiming for 17th place simple as that. At the moment we look like a team battling for 17th.

The monday night game could be a special night, I do believe we can win both. But it starts with Bolton.

If, however,by the Swansea game we are still without a win then we need the january transfer window quickly. The end of the season is going to be very unkind.

Bardsley has just been banned for our game against Sunderland...thats got to help us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14905428.stm

2 wins 1 loss 1 draw from those 4 will do me!

I really don''t know why everyone is seeing Bolton away as anything other than a defeat. A point there will be a result.Sunderland will be very tough but they are out of sorts at the moment- I hope they still are by then.Man Utd away. A kicking there will probably still be a good result if we keep 11 men on the pitch.So for me I''ll be amazed and delighted if we have 5 points from the next 4 games and don''t expect more than 3. 4 would be OK but I don''t expect it.

They are all vital games in this league. Even away to Man Utd - imagine if we got thrashed there, and come the end of the season we were relegated on goal difference.The next 4 - realistically we should expect something from each of the home games, but anything from the aways would be a bonus.

"Lambert needs to get a winning mentality back into the team"

Since when has it not been there (barring MKdons) ?

"We are aiming for 17th place simple as that"

absolute old tosh, we are aiming as high as we can

that''s what got us from losing 7-1 at home in the 3rd Division to playing in this league. Remove a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions and we would be acclaiming our positive play rather than being subject to these ''all too predicable'', worthless bleats from the terminally dim

ps every game is vital, more so to those who paid to watch it