Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

59'ers ticket holders warned not to sell or give away their complimentary match programmes

I understand from a mate who has a season ticket in the 59ers lounge that they were all given notes with their complimentary programmes yesterday stating that it is a breach of the ground regulations for them to sell or give their programmes away to anyone and that anyone caught doing so is potentially at risk of action by the club.

How petty can you get?

What the effing hell is that all about ?I''d have thought that the programme forms part of your ticket price along with the rented padded seat, plasma TV''s and various other '' tlc '' perks.The programme belongs to you and you can do with it what you damn well like.I think we all applauded Mr McNally''s no nonsense approach to sorting out the much needed overhaul club''s financial affairs when he first arrived but his ever tightening '' big brother '' approach to all things NCFC is starting to concern me a little.I understand that season tickets are non-transferable so I wonder how long will it be before we''re all bio-metrically eye tested as we enter the ground to make sure we haven''t given/sold our ticket to someone else without using the official channel of the club'' buy-back '' scheme ?It won''t be needed for the 59''ers of course as they''re in enough bother already ...........

Why would it be just 59''s lounge though? Surely supporters in all four City Stand lounges, Carvery, 101 Club etc have their programme included in their season or match ticket price?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I can confirm that this is true. it even goes on to state that you could be ejected or even banned if caught![/quote]Well if that happens let''s hope it''s not for three years as some of the patrons in there look as though they''ll be lucky to live long enough to see another Christmas....

What a load of old turd, the club is getting really bloody petty. What''s this going to save them? £20 a match?

They call it a ''complimentary'' program, but it is actually part of the agreement that they have, they don''t buy a programme because they are entitled to a free one. If I were one of those affected I would say stuff them and give it to whoever I want, would they really be able to ban them? It could be argued that the programme is part of the contract that they have and as such it is theres to do as they wish. The program is part of the package. If you buy a bed and breakfast holiday package you don''t say..... "oooo, we got free flights, a free hotel, and a free breakfast every morning".... How can you give somebody something for ''free'' and dictate what they can or can''t do with it? There is being prudent, and there is being damn greedy, there are people watching games who can remember putting money in blankets to keep the club going. God forbid that they never need to pass a blanket around again or issue another share issue (which most people took up to HELP the club, not because they were gullible enough to believe it would have a return). A lot of people win begin to remember this as a club who squeezed every single penny that they could out of the fans at every single opportunity, there won''t be much forgiveness if things were to ever go wrong. Threatening bans left, right, and centre, charging for this, charging for that. It''s almost as if this club is beginning to take its supporters for granted. There are a hell of a lot of clubs out there who would be desperate for a fan base as big as ours, and they would appreciate them!

I''ve never seen one before but i assume they have complimentary on them somewhere? Also are they individually marked? Otherwise how could they tell who they were in the first place

All seems rather petty to me, surely after receiving a gift its yours to do what you like with

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]And here it is........................

http://yfrog.com/h3jc4rlj
[/quote]

Is the key part of that not "ground regulations"? I interpret this as only when inside the stadium you cannot sell or give away your programme. Outside of the stadium, after the match you can do with it whatever you like?[:^)]

Anybody else?

Do the complimentary programmes differ in any way to the regular programmes (do they have complimentary stamped on them?)

Two members of my family have season tickets in the City Stand viewing lounge and get a programme each as part of the deal. One programme always gets given to me after the game - for now anyway! The only difference from the programmes on sale outside the ground is there is a team sheet inside.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Is the key part of that not "ground regulations"? I interpret this as only when inside the stadium you cannot sell or give away your programme. Outside of the stadium, after the match you can do with it whatever you like?[:^)]

Anybody else?

Do the complimentary programmes differ in any way to the regular programmes (do they have complimentary stamped on them?)

[/quote]

I can only assume that if the above is the case that when cleaning up after a match that complimentary programmes have been found in areas of the ground that you wouldn''t expect to see them?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Is the key part of that not "ground regulations"? I interpret this as only when inside the stadium you cannot sell or give away your programme. Outside of the stadium, after the match you can do with it whatever you like?[:^)][/quote]But surely once in the ground people only have access to their own lounge - and everybody there would have their own "complimentary" programme anyway!

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Is the key part of that not "ground regulations"? I interpret this as only when inside the stadium you cannot sell or give away your programme. Outside of the stadium, after the match you can do with it whatever you like?[:^)][/quote]
But surely once in the ground people only have access to their own lounge - and everybody there would have their own "complimentary" programme anyway!
[/quote]

Well you would think so, but how on earth do "ground regulations" apply outside of the ground?[:^)]

[/quote]

Whatever next? I understand but cannot believe it to be true that the 59''ers Lounge is in the process of being rebranded as the new brooms in charge do not want any reminders with the past.So looks like the Milk Cup in the trophy cabinet will be sold for scrap and the Barry Butler Player of the Year Trophy is due a new name.

Bloody scandalous if true as far as the 59''ers is concerned as those men are part of our heritage and history.

I''m gonna put my program ''A4 size sheety warning notice thingy'' on ebay.....Should make me a few bob.....

I''ll see if I can flog my complimentary coffee to any takers down in the Wensum wing..... and for another 50p, I''ll throw in a couple of custard creams....without the cream....coz I only like the cream....

I''m only trying to be an entrepreneur.....it''s the way forward. Gotta start raising dosh to subsidise next years season-ticket....an'' all that.

[quote user="LeJuge"]They call it a ''complimentary'' program, but it is actually part of the agreement that they have, they don''t buy a programme because they are entitled to a free one. If I were one of those affected I would say stuff them and give it to whoever I want, would they really be able to ban them? It could be argued that the programme is part of the contract that they have and as such it is theres to do as they wish. The program is part of the package. If you buy a bed and breakfast holiday package you don''t say..... "oooo, we got free flights, a free hotel, and a free breakfast every morning"....

How can you give somebody something for ''free'' and dictate what they can or can''t do with it? There is being prudent, and there is being damn greedy, there are people watching games who can remember putting money in blankets to keep the club going. God forbid that they never need to pass a blanket around again or issue another share issue (which most people took up to HELP the club, not because they were gullible enough to believe it would have a return). A lot of people win begin to remember this as a club who squeezed every single penny that they could out of the fans at every single opportunity, there won''t be much forgiveness if things were to ever go wrong.

Threatening bans left, right, and centre, charging for this, charging for that. It''s almost as if this club is beginning to take its supporters for granted. There are a hell of a lot of clubs out there who would be desperate for a fan base as big as ours, and they would appreciate them!
[/quote]

---

Yes, indeed. Some of us who remember the coins in the blankets and contributing to share options have been saying all along that a more sceptically balanced view was needed of the way the club was now being run. Some very good decisions and some bad. Financial stringency is fine but it needs to be weighed against any possible long-term loss of goodwill. Sometimes the monetary saving just isn''t worth it.

In this case I doubt too many people are going to be too upset. However if the club were to carry on like this, with some future piece of penny-pinching that was blatantly unfair, then there might be a serious shift in the way the fans viewed this self-described "ruthless" regime.

This has made be livid, I normally get given the complimentary programme by someone who get one, to give to my children to read, so now going by the rules my children will miss out of this, and if NCFC think I will now buy one for them they can F off.What a supid rule to enforce, smells of taking the fans for granted.

Purple - I think its already happend - charging for reserve games, baooking fees, over-charging on food/drink, people racking up huge phone bills as NCFC dont have enough staff, having the most expensive programme in the premier league, way over priced merch etc etc.

We are not fans anymore we are customers and customers can be replaced.

The notice clearly only refers to selling or passing the programmes on in the ground so those who get given them after the game have nothing to fear.

It does seem odd but remember when the under 21 identity scandal broke to derision only for the level of fraud to be revealed weeks later.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]The notice clearly only refers to selling or passing the programmes on in the ground so those who get given them after the game have nothing to fear.

It does seem odd but remember when the under 21 identity scandal broke to derision only for the level of fraud to be revealed weeks later.[/quote]I think you will find that most people were fully supportive of the under 21 thing, that was righfully considered fraudulent, and it wasn''t just a question of club coffers but also of fairness and equality amongst fans. If a 23 year old paying an adult price is sitting next to a 23 year old who was crafty and got an under 21 ticket, I really don''t consider that fair.The issue that people had with that one was that a lot of people were given just two weeks to verify their age, not everybody lives in easy reach of Norwich and pay a lot of money in fuel or train tickets to travel to every Norwich game without needing to travel to all the way down to verify their age, when the club could have given them much more notice. The idea of threatening loyal customers who pay a lot of money (as the 59''ers do) with a punishment like they are some sort of criminal because they hand over a programme for somebody to flick through for 5 minutes before a game is ludicrious. As Purple said above, there is a limit. Stopping downright fraud and dishonesty is a positive move and we didn''t see a single one of those 200 fans come on here and complain that they were banned for a year, because every single one knew that they were in the wrong. But to threaten people who have probably given the club tens of thousands of pounds of their money, watching more rubbish football than they have good football over the past decade, with a ban for handing over a booklet which probably costs 40p to print, a booklet that they no doubt pay for as part of their package, is ludicrious. There was no doubt ways in which McNally and co could have looked, and have looked, to raise revenues. The Under 21 thing was the perfect example of the way that the club should be operating, that''s a positive and significant move.I can tell you that I almost always buy a programme and would have no problem whatsoever if the man next to me was reading a programme that was indirectly paid for by his dad who sits in the 59er lounge, but I would take issue if he pulled out an Under 21 season ticket.

[quote user="LeJuge"] this, charging for that. It''s almost as if this club is beginning to take its supporters for granted.[/quote]

That''s exactly what they''re doing.