Sign in to follow this  
scrimmage

Chrissy Martin...

Chris Martin is our 5th best striker end off!

Holt - Causes more problems and can draw fouls. Also Martin can''t match his record!

Vaughan - More of a threat in the box, quicker and stronger!

Morison - Stronger quicker and scores more goals!

Jackson - Scores more goals, quciker and more of a threat in the box!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Chris Martin is our 5th best striker end off!

Holt - Causes more problems and can draw fouls. Also Martin can''t match his record!

Jackson - Scores more goals, quciker and more of a threat in the box![/quote]Can''t agree on Morrison or Jackson personally- not enough info on Vaughan and Holt... probably correct but there isn''t much in it if you take into account the experience Holt has over Martin and the roles they are being asked to play. Martin has a better touch is slightly quicker and a better finisher... but like you say Holt seems to get more goals at the moment and gets fouled more in and around the box, equally he dives more, gets booked more, fouls more... I think they are the same kind of player and as his experience grows so will his performance and reputation in the role. IMO Martin will be remembered as the better player when both careers are over while Holt takes it at the moment.To sum up- for me, Martin is our 2nd best striker at the moment. Although I expect Vaughan is actually our best I can''t rate him on 20 minutes of desperate play for City.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Chris Martin is our 5th best striker end off!

Jackson - Scores more goals, quciker and more of a threat in the box![/quote]

Holt - yes has score more goals; but we are talking about his seasons performances. On sat olson knew he was in a battle he had won, holt huffed and puffed but did not look like scoring. Yes he draws fouls, but also conceeds mre fouls - isnt that giving away possession?? And despite more pitch time and chances only has one goal and more missed chances.

Vaughan - quite simply who knows - certainly no more of a threat on sunday!! - he and morison caused the baggies less of a problem than the equally ineffective holt & martin.

Morison stronger & quicker - has scored more - not this season he has not, and has had the better chances!

Jackson - weak in possession and definitely quicker - i agree with lamberts assessment that he is not as good for the team as martin. In my opinion he is my 5th choice, as cody was my 7th.

Martin - like the 5 strikers above did not look like scoring on sun; unlike the others his link and build up play featured in all our best moves. His performance was better than the other three - and he carried the same goal threat and delivered as many goals on sunday as the rest of the put together!!

Zipper, you are like a veteran player whose 20 minute cameo shows the skill and vision that the donkeys playing the whole match cannot aspire to. You rarely post now but when you do it illuminates the debate with good insight and modestly presented wisdom

I agree with you totally. Respect!!

Zipper, you are like a veteran player whose 20 minute cameo shows the skill and vision that the donkeys playing the whole match cannot aspire to. You rarely post now but when you do it illuminates the debate with good insight and modestly presented wisdom

I agree with you totally. Respect!!