Sign in to follow this  
Wendling Canary

Wilbraham

[quote user="Wilbraham"]Is he still here? What a joke. How did he even get in our squad, the donkey.[/quote]This from the poster who started a thread called ''Victimisation''!Ah well, you''ve got the little bit of attention you obviously crave.  Better get ready for bed, you''ve got school in the morning.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]When LeJuge sees this he''s going to tear you a new one.[/quote]Graham Humphrey has already said all that I would have said.

at the end of the day, mcdonald is worth 400k, wilbraham is worth £400.

neither will have an impact and be the 5th choice striker so you may as well cash in on mcdonald before he leaves at the end of the season on a free

besides, 5 minutes left and chasing a goal wilbraham will win a few headers!

[quote user="Wilbraham"]Is he still here? What a joke. How did he even get in our squad, the donkey.[/quote]Welcome back Smudge, you''ve been missed.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Much better than Jackson.....and Cody McDonald........
[/quote]

Not when pace is so important at this level.

[quote user="Vaughans Stiff Upper Lip"]at the end of the day, mcdonald is worth 400k, wilbraham is worth £400. neither will have an impact and be the 5th choice striker so you may as well cash in on mcdonald before he leaves at the end of the season on a free besides, 5 minutes left and chasing a goal wilbraham will win a few headers![/quote]

Well, McDonald will score a lot more in the Champs than Wilbraham ever would.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Cody this Cody that, well he looked like a builder''s mate on the box on Saturday, not seen many of those in The Prem!!!![/quote]

That was his first game since May and thus equivalent to the first in his pre-season and against a current top-six team. How many of our squad would perform well in their first pre-season game against that level of opposition ?   

[quote user="lappinitup"]Much better than Jackson.....and Cody McDonald........[/quote]How can you say that Wilbraham is better than Simeon Jackson? Surely Jackson did enough in the second half of last season to show that he is a very good player and deserves his chance this year. In fact, against West Brom, it looked like we were crying out for Simeon Jackson.On another thread on this forum a couple of weeks ago I produced some stats which showed that Jackson was one of the most lethal strikers in the Championship last year and needed less chances per goal than any other player in our squad, including Holt and Hoolahan. Less chances than James Vaughan and Steve Morison too.With us looking desperate for somebody clinical in this league, I think that we are crying out for Simeon Jackson and Simeon Jackson is crying out for his chance. After coming off the bench in the International break and bagging a goal for Canada, I was very surprised not to see him involved on Sunday. Maybe Lambert thinks that keeping him on the bench will keep him hungry, and that he will unleash him when the time is right, but I am personally looking forward to him getting his chance.

That was his first game since May and thus equivalent to the first in his pre-season and against a current top-six team. How many of our squad would perform well in their first pre-season game against that level of opposition ?   

Now you are cluching at straws, Derby looked poor and Bob The Builder never got a touch......!

[quote user="Vaughans Stiff Upper Lip"]at the end of the day, mcdonald is worth 400k, wilbraham is worth £400.

neither will have an impact
and be the 5th choice striker so you may as well cash in on mcdonald before he leaves at the end of the season on a free

besides, 5 minutes left and chasing a goal wilbraham will win a few headers![/quote]Kind of a contradiction there.

[quote user="Drurys Testamonials"]Beware as WITS was slated when she questioned this[/quote]Many people believe that Smudger was using WITS account, and the rumour is that they are a couple. Don''t shoot the messenger, but we have been through this on here already.Either way, whether it was Smudger or WITS, ''they'' were not slated for questioning his ability, I started a thread which suggested people lay off him, I was particularly emphasising my personal objection to the use of the nickname ''wheeliebin'' which I considered derogatory. I myself do not believe that he is good enough for the Championship yet alone the Premiership, but the way that people are talking about him on here for no reason whatsoever is disgusting, he played a role in a great achievement last year like everybody else, even it it were a small one. He was worth the £100k transfer fee for his goal alone, and we can all assume that he is on a very modest wage. The club gave him an 18 month deal, in the knowledge that it was a gamble. It was a gamble for him too, as he would have known not to expect football in the Premiership. If we had have faltered then we wouldn''t have had the money to buy Vaughan and Morison, and as such we can assume that he would be getting game time.Why not celebrate the fact that Wilbraham''s goal and assist last year were one small factor in allowing us to sign two better strikers, rather than pointlessly discussing a player who you are unlikely to see at Carrow Road this season. I guess that we can all be glad that he is still here, because if he is released it will only result in a bunch of idiots on here turning their attentions to some other fringe player for absolutely no reason. It''s not like Lambert is playing him, I''d be the first to grumble if a fully fit Holt and Morison sit on the bench with Wilbraham starting a Premier League fixture, but as of yet he hasn''t had a minute of game time and starting threads questioning him is purely pointless.In any 25 man squad there will be 16-20 regular players and 5 who see very little football, that is football, you can only put 14 on the pitch each game, not seeing the other 5 normally suggests that the players on the pitch are doing their job well and as such that is good news not bad news. There are always some good players and some distinctly average players. What happens when we release Wilbraham? Do people then turn on Drury? Or Lappin?  We only have 23 men, we name 18 in a squad, it only takes 6 injuries to be down to the under 20''s..... and don''t rule that out, it happens a lot, look at Arsenal. If it comes down to putting an average target man on the bench or somebody from the under 16''s I know what I would choose.Football is a strange game, and a few injuries can ruin a season. If we were to ever suffer an injury crisis and there was a clear choice between playing an injured striker, potentially wrecking our season, or letting Wilbraham do a job..... I would want Wilbraham to do a job. This is how many over 21 strikers the bottom 8 clubs have.....Blackburn     6Swansea        5Fulham          5Norwich       6Sunderland   2  (Wickham and Dong-Won under 21, Sunderland are f''d by the way, 2 goals in 4)Tottenham    4Bolton          5  (Kakuta is under 21)West Brom  5Most clubs have 5 strikers. Yes Wilbraham is a spare part as a result, but having a 6th choice striker isn''t incredibly unusual, most teams have 5 strikers. Spurs are pushing it with 4, and Sunderland look like they are in trouble relying on kids to score goals this year. We don''t need Wilbraham, but you need 5 strikers, and if one happens to get a horrific injury (Vaughan has had 3 and he is only 23) then we are down to the 5. 

far as i understand from SKY Wilbraham was on the bench against WBA simply because have expirience played goalkeeper on two times for MK Dons years ago.

I doubt he will be soon involved if not come some susp or injurys.

In the pre-season games he revealed a better part of his game - he moved more freely and even showed a useful shot from distance. He didn''t really have much of a chance last season befor he was injured.

Having said that, he surely has no place in our team, short of several injuries or suspensions. Apart from five strikers before him, Surman/Wes/Wilkinson/Bennett would all perform better as a striker.

He seems a very committed fellow, but his age and lack of pace are surely against him.