Sign in to follow this  
forever city

Whos YOUR favourite city player?

let me quess, 90% holt and wes..

my fave? i have a few, simply because they never give up are strong, and dont give a poo about pretty football, if you know what i mean.

Andrew Crofts, Bradley Johnson, Steve Morison..

Crofts, will never stop running, battles and has a fierce aggresion i like, same with all of the players mentioned.

Johnson, same as crofts, just a bit more skilled, better dribbling, better head, better pace, touch, shot, etc.. but crofts has a impact of the team, and i feel playing him, is as important as playing holt

Morison, yes im in love with this geezer, got him on the back of my top already, havent had a player since safri and ashton... but i feel that he will be better than holt, maybe not yet but gives more than holt and then some, IMO.

[quote user="forever city"]

Morison, yes im in love with this geezer, got him on the back of my top already, havent had a player since safri and ashton... but i feel that he will be better than holt, maybe not yet but gives more than holt and then some, IMO.[/quote]He has a long way to go yet before he convinces me he is better than Holt.

Don''t quite know how your of the opinion Morison gives more than Holt and then some.... He would probably die from exhaustion half way through a game....

Adam Drury, was my first favourite player i can really remember (only joined a year or two after i first started watching, think i like Andy and Lee Marshall before he joined :P) I know he won''t be playing much or at all this season, but he''s still a NCFC player, so have to count him.

R. Martin, great player hope he gets some games this year, really deserves it.

C.Martin, think he''s a great player, obviously not an out and out striker, which is why he gets a lot of negative attention, but i really like him.

Hoolahan, purely because he''s out best player, has really developed his game in the past 3 years, and always looks like he could do something really dangerous.

If we had signed Lansbury, he would have been one of my favourites as well :P

Hoolahan, the bloke is pure class, massively under rated. I''d go as far as to say that he could play for Man Utd or Liverpool. We are a completely different team with him in the side, it has been the same for two years. The fact that he isn''t Irelands star player is a travesty.

I think Bennet has the potential to be a very exciting player as he has pace and can beat and run past players just as Hucks used to, and that is the type of player that excites me.  I wonder if Lambert could develop him into a second striker just as Wenger is doing with Walcott at Arsenal.

Wes for individual flair and has the ability to be pure magic!

I love Russ Martin - I think he really has the club at heart and I hope he gets more than just his Wigan premier debut to prove himself at this level.

Tierney - I think he has given some fantastic crosses and is great defensively as well as attacking.

Holt - Need I say more.

I know this is more that 1 player lol but its hard to choose just one. I would be happy to go on about a few more lol!

Kevin Keelan and Martin Peters.But that was then...Now...has to be Holt, for everything over the last 2 years.Future? I''d imagine Wes Hoolahan, for proving himself Premiership class.

Russell Martin.. i hope he gets another chance, I think he is better than Naughton just not as quick!My all time favourite player will always be Iwan though...

In all seriousness - Simon Lappin.Went through the mill when Roeder was in charge, acted like a true professional even when shipped out to Motherwell on loan.Came back, proved a point in training earned a new contract. He appears to be a hard worker, loves the club, has alot of time for the fans.He won''t see much gametime this season for sure, but if we do drop down at the end of the season, he''ll be there ready to go in the Championship.Oh, and his Mrs is gorgeous too!

[IMG]http://www.norwichadvertiser24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/bs_66_ncfc_coventry_1_891668!image/1990598046.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/1990598046.jpg[/IMG]

Current squad, last season for me was Crofts.This season I like the look of Johnson, and also Tierney, they both have that hard edge that I think we need.All time as long I have been watching City? Has to be Huckerby (with Iwan not far behind) no player in the last ten years has got people off their seats every time he picked the ball up like Hux has.

Holt for me

Potential wise for me has to be Anthony pilkington, I think this guy could go on to big things

Tierney (obviously lol) I''m a left back and he is a role model to me. plays with aggression, isn''t wasteful with the ball and always gives 110%. also has that passion and often lifts the crowd whenever he is near the fans to collect the ball for example. he has also made the step up magnificently well for someone i thought would struggle out of our defence this season. his crosses have massively improved also. great drive, spirit and fight.

purchased his boots today aswell hehe, have him on my shirt also.

Hoolahan is second. as i can base my game on both of them. i play as left back but used to be a left mid and have quick feet. hoolahan and tierney are my favourite city players

Past - Crook

Present - Wes

Future - I''ll let you know about any of the new crop this time next season as the final month or two will sort out the men from the boys...but pretty much all of them look to have the potential to shine.

Holt - it has to be.  no other player in the current squad has as much influence on the team and the opposition.  he leads by example, scores a lot of goals, and brings a bit of character to the game.

when he has an offday, NCFC has an offday but fortunately that hasn''t been very often in the past 2 years.

first name on the teamsheet by a long long way...