Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Fans colours to be phased out

Its also common knowledge that you''re not going to be able to wear scarves anymore unless they are offficial ones bought at the club shop.

Oh and in case anyone is interested I''ve had my knuckles rapped for telling people to use the 01603 tel number, when they ring the box office.

Presume they don''t make any revenue from that number.

Oh to be back in the Championship when life was easier for us fans and we had more to smile about [:)][:)]

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

That''s funny because I''ve today received a letter from the club saying that all the bars are to be closed down.

It goes further, and I quote: "For future home games, no food will be allowed to be brought in from outside.[/quote]

I wouldn''t put that past them in the future, Blackpool Pleasure Beach brought in a no food and drink rule in this year and their "Customers" spend the whole day there unlike the 2-3 hours spent at Carrow Road.

[quote user="211203"]

This thread reminds me of the World Cup where a Dutch brewer (not a WC sponsor) came up with the idea of paying lots of models to dress in bright orange outfits with its logo on and all sit together at Holland games, getting lots of press attention without having to pay for sponsorship.

There was a fuss about it but I can''t remember what happened or the name of the brewer, so it didn''t work that well.  Actually I''ve been trying to block any memory of the last World Cup.  Must google for some photos though...

[/quote]It was the Netherlands v Denmark game at Soccer City and they were taking part in an marketing campaign on for Dutch beer brewers Bavaria. They were ejected from the Stadium early in the second half and questioned by the Police.[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yV4_tPpxwXg/TBeRvFV3bjI/AAAAAAAAASo/Yr2Xr9NVXGI/s1600/GetAttachment.aspx.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]How would the club enforce such totalitarian rubbish for starters ?I can see it now  "Ok Snake Pit, Barcley and Jarold lets have a big hush. That goal scored by Grant Holt in the 93rd minute to make it 2-1 Norwich was sponsered by Justin Case Auto Repair located in Flegborough. And remember " Justin Case you break down, call Justin Case""Mr Jarold is in the Family area, repeat Mr Jarold is in the Family area....... the old codger in the sunbleached bobble hat get him out of here !!!!!!!"

Surely this is a wind up ?[/quote]

Quality post!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

What about if I tryed to get in wearing nothing!

Would that be OK?

[/quote]

But where would you conceal the pie and coke you bought in Morrisons[:^)]

"What about if I tryed to get in wearing nothing!"

I believe young master Nigel did, many years back

...... hence the nickname

have never so much sh111te in all my life

dont beleive a word of it

why do people take time out to start such pathetic posts and paint the club in such a bad light.

nutty nigel

Would that be OK?

But where would you conceal the pie and coke you bought in Morrisons

I''m a big girl, I think it would be physically possible to conceal a coke bottle and a pie in the many nether regions of my ageing body!

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

So does this mean I can''t wear one of my classic home shirts to a home game? Unless they are gonna be there to offer me a free shirt on the way in they can ''jog on!''

Another example of the club treating fans disgracefully

[/quote]McNally just tweeted "Retro type shirts may be worn in the stadium, however customers must now have their shirt printed with the name of the current club sponsor on the front. The can be done in the matchday club shop (located in the Jarrold Stand) for a one off cost of £25. When the shirt sponsor changes, customers must then have the old sponsor removed and the new name printed. This will cost £50 due to the cost of removing the old sponsors name."

[quote user="clarkey1972"]have never so much sh111te in all my life

dont beleive a word of it

why do people take time out to start such pathetic posts and paint the club in such a bad light.[/quote]I can only assume that you are a Canary call regular, which one are you?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]nutty nigel

Would that be OK?

I''m a big girl, I think it would be physically possible to conceal a coke bottle and a pie in the many nether regions of my ageing body!

[/quote]

Can ya smuggle mine in too[:-*]

[pi][B][;)]

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="TheJarrold"]

So does this mean I can''t wear one of my classic home shirts to a home game? Unless they are gonna be there to offer me a free shirt on the way in they can ''jog on!''

Another example of the club treating fans disgracefully

[/quote]McNally just tweeted "Retro type shirts may be worn in the stadium, however customers must now have their shirt printed with the name of the current club sponsor on the front. The can be done in the matchday club shop (located in the Jarrold Stand) for a one off cost of £25. When the shirt sponsor changes, customers must then have the old sponsor removed and the new name printed. This will cost £50 due to the cost of removing the old sponsors name."[/quote]If you had cut that short at the ''£25'' bit then you might have suckered a few people in, but good luck trying to squeeze all that into a single tweet!

I have just beewn informed that those of us who purchased a brick with our name on it, will, in the future pay a weekly ''space'' rent on it!

Wheres my pitch fork?...I feel a protest coming on.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]McNally has changed the rules on Tweeting![/quote]Ahhhh.... that will explain it!

I''m sure there would have been many more alongside master clarke, had a few of the more ''enlightened'' supporters allowed it a little bit of a longer run before so eagerly rushing in

as to who is being painted in a bad light - I would suggest no one is

other than one or two who appear not to need any help from anyone else to achieve that aim

[quote user="cityangel"]

Its also common knowledge that you''re not going to be able to wear scarves anymore unless they are offficial ones bought at the club shop.

Oh and in case anyone is interested I''ve had my knuckles rapped for telling people to use the 01603 tel number, when they ring the box office.

Presume they don''t make any revenue from that number.

Oh to be back in the Championship when life was easier for us fans and we had more to smile about [:)][:)]

[/quote]I heard that they are going to go one step further than that.... scarves will have a two year expiry date like shirts. Both shirts and scarfs from the club shop will be leased for two years rather than bought, after that two years you have to return it to the club so that they can stitch the latest sponsor on it and re-lease it to somebody else. Anybody caught wearing a scarf which has an expired lease will be prosecuted and banned from the ground! Under 18''s are going to have to be accompanied with a guarentor adult who can commit to paying ''late return fees'' if the scarf or shirt isn''t returned before the deadline! As a gesture of goodwill they are going to allow you to wear expired beanie hats for as long as you want, because this allows them to turn off the heating in the Russell Allison lounge!

[quote user="City1st"]I''m sure there would have been many more alongside master clarke, had a few of the more ''enlightened'' supporters allowed it a little bit of a longer run before so eagerly rushing in

as to who is being painted in a bad light - I would suggest no one is

other than one or two who appear not to need any help from anyone else to achieve that aim[/quote]This has been the best thread on the board since I started posting rather than lurking, it should win a national award.

I am relieably informed there will be a mass protest against the club milking thr fans for every last penny they can squeeze out of them.It will be taking place behind the N&P before the Sunderland game. Tickets to the protest are £25 each and will be available from the ticket office from saturday.

I heard that in order to address fans'' concerns that our club is going backwards, McNally has demanded we re-sign Mark Fotheringham so he can announce that the club is only going sideways.

I like a joke[:D] as much as the next chap[8-|] but this thread has just gone too far. It has got very silly. Come on, people, this is the club we love[Y] and which always acts for the best in our best interests.[:)]

To read some of the stuff from you cynics[:@] anyone would think the new regime had a track record of barking-madness. It''s hardly as if, for example, the club had said how much it wanted to listen to the opinions of fans...and then closed down its own message-board.[:P]

Or, say, stressed the importance of attracting the next generation of fans in an age of rising unemployment...and then upped prices and scrapped casual tickets fot teenagers.[:P][:P]

Or, to take another ludicrous hypothetical, had a phone ticketing service that cost more in waiting-time charges than the price of the ticket...[:P][:P][:P]

Or increased pressbox facilities[<:o)] at Carrow Road and then proceeded to ban[U] every news organisation in the known universe![;)]

Or...oh, hold on, I can''t mention that one yet.[;)]

Or that one...[;)]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]nutty nigel

Would that be OK?

[/quote]Can you smuggle me in alongside your coke and pie??  [;)]

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Haven''t worn a club shirt since i was 10 years old, aquascutum trench coat for me most games.[/quote]With nothing but your Norwich City official stockings underneath, so I heard.....

Where can I get the official NCFC underwear then? I don''t want mine removed before entering the ground as I don''t have any NCFC undies. Suppose I could go commando but that''d be rather chilly with winter coming [:S]

Some good news - they are going to continue to let you take your 39p bottles of water from Morrisons into the ground but you''re going to have to pay corkage.

".......take your 39p bottles of water from Morrisons into the ground but you''re going to have to pay corkage"

is that the same kind of corkage as ..

"I think it would be physically possible to conceal a coke bottle ....... in the many nether regions of my ageing body!"

If anyone gets their cork out inside the stadium....they will be immediately erected from the ground by that tidy lookin'' female steward.....

On a similar note the Man Utd supporters coming to Carrow Road later in the season have been warned that if they insist on wearing yellow and green it has to be our shade of yellow and green and not their''s. Apparently if the TV cameras pick up an area of the ground with the wrong sort of yellow and green it might encourage regular patrons to rebel against the rules laid down. Our scarves will be available outside the away end at £50 a scarf with the logo emblazoned with initials "Supporters Coach Manchester United"