Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Fans colours to be phased out

Interesting chat tonight with someone who works at the club.

It appears the sponsors are not happy with some of the fans turning up in colours that don''t match the current matchday kit. Some of the stuff being worn is almost orange, while the green is often far too light.

Problem is how to bring in a ban or simply discourage people from wearing non authorised colours, as some older fans have had their favourite scarf/bobble hat since the year dot and will be reluctant to give what is part of their matchday routine.

The word is that fans will still be able to wear such stuff, but will be advised that they can only do so if it is not visible. This is also some way ahead and will probably be introduced next season if we stay up and keep the same strip.

Odd days for football, methinks

I wonder if that''s the same guy who I talked to. He told me that stewards are going to clamp down on "crowd noise". Especially when sponsors announcements are being made. He said that whilst the club don''t want to discourage the cheering of goals it does become a problem when it drowns out the golden goal announcement. The club are concerned because the time is sposored and next season, if we stay up, the goals we score will be sponsored.

As from January stewards are being asked to "discourage" cheering once the goal music is complete. Whilst no action will be taken this season next year continual offenders will be ejected and have their season tickets withdrawn.

The club expect sponsoring goals to be quite lucrative. Especially winning goals. But it''s yet another kick in the nuts for the grassroots fan who will only be able to afford to sponsor last minute consolation goals.

How would the club enforce such totalitarian rubbish for starters ?I can see it now  "Ok Snake Pit, Barcley and Jarold lets have a big hush. That goal scored by Grant Holt in the 93rd minute to make it 2-1 Norwich was sponsered by Justin Case Auto Repair located in Flegborough. And remember " Justin Case you break down, call Justin Case""Mr Jarold is in the Family area, repeat Mr Jarold is in the Family area....... the old codger in the sunbleached bobble hat get him out of here !!!!!!!"

Surely this is a wind up ?

[quote user="City1st"]Interesting chat tonight with someone who works at the club. It appears the sponsors are not happy with some of the fans turning up in colours that don''t match the current matchday kit. Some of the stuff being worn is almost orange, while the green is often far too light. Problem is how to bring in a ban or simply discourage people from wearing non authorised colours, as some older fans have had their favourite scarf/bobble hat since the year dot and will be reluctant to give what is part of their matchday routine. The word is that fans will still be able to wear such stuff, but will be advised that they can only do so if it is not visible. This is also some way ahead and will probably be introduced next season if we stay up and keep the same strip. Odd days for football, methinks[/quote]

That''s essentially what I''ve heard from one of my many deep-throat sources at Carrow Road, but the masterplan actually goes further. It isn''t just that non-authorised colours will be discouraged. The long-term aim is to allow in only fans sporting something bought that day from the club shop.

Its codename is "Operation Fashion Victim" but McNally is calling it the "Kill the debt - wear your club tat with pride" campaign. The trouble is upgrading the turnstile technology. It should be simple. What is needed is the opposite of those exit machines in shops that bleep when you try to leave with a garment that still has the security whatsit on it. In other words we need a machine that bleeps if fans DON''T have a tagged item, and then disintegrates them if they try to force their way through. Apparently the boffins were having trouble with the disintegration bit, but are now reverse-engineering something found at the Rendlesham Forest alien encounter site and are hopeful of everything being in place for next season. Hurrah!

PS. Worried fans can discount nutty''s ludicrous idea about post-goal cheering being discouraged, for the simple reason that we score too few goals for that to be a problem for sponsors...

"for the simple reason that we score too few goals for that to be a problem for sponsors..."

I think that''s what known as a ''no win no fee'' clause

So does this mean I can''t wear one of my classic home shirts to a home game? Unless they are gonna be there to offer me a free shirt on the way in they can ''jog on!''

Another example of the club treating fans disgracefully

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]How would the club enforce such totalitarian rubbish for starters ?I can see it now  "Ok Snake Pit, Barcley and Jarold lets have a big hush. That goal scored by Grant Holt in the 93rd minute to make it 2-1 Norwich was sponsered by Justin Case Auto Repair located in Flegborough. And remember " Justin Case you break down, call Justin Case""Mr Jarold is in the Family area, repeat Mr Jarold is in the Family area....... the old codger in the sunbleached bobble hat get him out of here !!!!!!!"Surely this is a wind up ?[/quote]wwwwwhhhhooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

So does this mean I can''t wear one of my classic home shirts to a home game? Unless they are gonna be there to offer me a free shirt on the way in they can ''jog on!''

Another example of the club treating fans disgracefully

[/quote]I give up on life.

Haven''t worn a club shirt since i was 10 years old, aquascutum trench coat for me most games.

even though I don''t wear my colours (far too old for that IMO as over 25), but if true this just proves that football is going down a sad path.

This reminds me of an incident at Wimbledon when an old lady had her pot of yoghurt confiscated whislt in her seat during a break in play by the stewards as it wasnt the same make of the dairy based sponsors.

If the club want more revenue then they should look at re branding the club badge and charging companies for the privilege of printing it (et al Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs), not hitting the loyal fan directly.

Football is continuing to slip out of the reach of the working man...I may have to start looking at attending Polo matches or Henley Regatta instead.

If we price our core fans out we''ll have a library like they have at Arsenal now...60''000 cardboard cut outs...no thanks.

The club are coming up with a novel idea to enlarge seating at Carrow Rd. My source at the club tells me that the old seats are being taken up and have already been sold to SV Mattersburg in Austria and new seats 10% narrower are being fitted at the end of this season.

Delia is coming out with a new dieters cookbook for Norwich fans and food outlets are being asked to start phasing in smaller portions (at the same price mind!).

Wobblebottoms out!

You heard it here first.

[quote user="City1st"]Interesting chat tonight with someone who works at the club. It appears the sponsors are not happy with some of the fans turning up in colours that don''t match the current matchday kit. Some of the stuff being worn is almost orange, while the green is often far too light. Problem is how to bring in a ban or simply discourage people from wearing non authorised colours, as some older fans have had their favourite scarf/bobble hat since the year dot and will be reluctant to give what is part of their matchday routine. The word is that fans will still be able to wear such stuff, but will be advised that they can only do so if it is not visible. This is also some way ahead and will probably be introduced next season if we stay up and keep the same strip. Odd days for football, methinks[/quote]

Bit early for April Fools

Not sure if this is tounge in cheek City, but I can confirm that the Club thought very seriously about banning food and drink being bought into the ground, and I think that if the current regime continues it is enevitable that it will happen. Dont think you could ban a shirt or old bobble hat, but you can certainly stop Morrisons grub.

That''s funny because I''ve today received a letter from the club saying that all the bars are to be closed down.

It goes further, and I quote: "For future home games, no food will be allowed to be brought in from outside. Full body searches will be introduced to ensure customer compliance.

But hungry fans can rest assured their needs will be catered for. A deli counter will be available, and the latest CIOY (check-it-out-yourself) technology will be installed to minimise customer queuing.

A full range of delicacies will be on offer, including bumper packs of prawn sandwiches, quiches and humus dips. Delia-branded hampers will be available for the hungrier customer.

Food consumption activities will, however, be not allowed during the time of the performance, but restricted to the interval, to prevent any distraction for co-fans.

Revenue streams for away customers are also set to be maximised by housing said clients in the adjacent hotel and charging a "stand supplement" for any wishing to see the game from within the ground confines.

Under a new "service facility" scheme, toilet fees are set to be introduced, with a manned attendant deployed at every bathroom area.

Lastly, please note that County Hall parking is also set to be doubled for customers arriving less than 2 hours before kick-off.

Head of Corporate Facilities

(signature illegible)"

Following the success of the Olympic ticket sales whereby the only way people can get to see the main events is through a Thomas Cook "Olympic Break" - next season away tickets will only be available as part of a weekend break from the Travel Centre where one night is provided in a nearby hotel.

Early prices for Brighton (assuming relegation) are £215 including continental breakfast, or if we stay up Arsenal is £375 including smoked salmon and scrambled egg breakfast. This assumes two people sharing a twin bedded room.

[quote user="LeJuge"]wwwwwhhhhooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.[/quote]

Noun: The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.What is Sarcasm  ?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

May I respectfully suggest that Sports Desk Pete merge his thread, "Tickets,streams, NCISA  and posting guidelines" in with this thread.

[/quote]

Don''t worry Yankee as this obvious pee take at the direction in which customer care and relations are heading down at Carrow Road over several issues(excluding the Under 21 Ticket exercise) will be noticed by the NCFC PinkUn monitor and this thread will soon be cleaned up mark my words.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Fans must boycott games and start demostrations now! [;)][/quote]Indeed Wiz is right, untill we have all been to these fashion demonstrations no one in their right mind should be thinking of turning up to a game, just imagine the embarassement of committing that fashion fopaux in front of 26,000 loyal trendsters.... the shame!!

I for one am over the moon about these new changes. If it wasn''t for McNasty then the Delia-ite Morrisons munching, goal celebrating, casual clothes wearing, jolly-come-lately season ticket holders would be killing this club. Baaaa.Hopefully it means more tickets for us "casuals" to not purchase next season!

And to think it was once rumoured that Doomcaster and Mumbles were considering building a footbridge to Morrisons!

I now understand that the club have been in touch with the council asking them to remove the pedestrian crossing between Carrow Road and Morrisons. I have heard that some stewards will be taken from their match day duties to drive their cars "round the block" specifically to make it difficult for fans to cross the road.

I intend to make a stand over this and if any "fans groups" would like to support me I will happily do lollipop duties between 2 and 3pm.

This thread reminds me of the World Cup where a Dutch brewer (not a WC sponsor) came up with the idea of paying lots of models to dress in bright orange outfits with its logo on and all sit together at Holland games, getting lots of press attention without having to pay for sponsorship.

There was a fuss about it but I can''t remember what happened or the name of the brewer, so it didn''t work that well.  Actually I''ve been trying to block any memory of the last World Cup.  Must google for some photos though...

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]what a load of rubbish, when i pay the amount i do to watch my club i were what the F*** i want and cheer when the F*** i want, Amen.[/quote]

Too F****** true mate, top prayer[Y]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="LeJuge"]wwwwwhhhhooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.[/quote]

Noun: The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.What is Sarcasm  ?[/quote]Using a dictionary to disguise the fact that you were caught hook, line, and sinker. That''s a little like running after a bus, not getting to it on time, and continuing to run in order to make it look like you were out having a leisurely jog.

I heard that we were going to discontinue the 11 a side team enter a 7 a side league. That way we can make the pitch shorter and insert at least another two rows of advertising around the pitch. They are just waiting for approval from Powerleague to allow half of our fixtures to be played on our own pitch rather than at Bowthorpe. This also means that we won''t the new big dugouts and Mr Tilson and the ill treated dozen will get their original seats back!