Sign in to follow this  

Was the attendance at last night''s match at Loftus Road.

New players, new owners, a win away against Everton and still this paltry crowd.

I just don''t see the investment potential of that club.

Yes, they may have played quite well and will likely buy more players in January, but this is the kind of crowd that you''d expect a club to be getting when they are certain of relegation. And no other London clubs were playing on the same evening.

I admire Tony Fernandes as a businessman, but I still don''t understand why he invested in them.

London.

If you want the best players, they will want to go to places/Cities that have good nightlife, big houses, airport links etc.

Why would you buy a club that is based in the middle of no where, and the main nightlife is Prince of Wales?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]They''ve got a small stadium so maybe this is close to its limit?[/quote]Capacity according to Wiki is 18,500. Not that close to the limit really.

To be fair with segregation etc its probably not far off the capacity. Lets not embarrass ourselves by harping on about QPR all season. They may have some gobby fans but as far as i am aware they have never claimed to have a huge support and 15-16,000 is about what I would expect them to get. in some ways its good as shows they don''t have a large number of glory hunters suddenly turning up.

In my view we, as a club, could do with a bit less of the constant patting ourselves on the back over our crowds and a bit more focus on our football team!

On that note thought QPR looked quite decent although obviously they only drew. A bit of early momentum from their signings is to be expected but i still think they may be in the mix with us at the bottom come the end of the season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair with segregation etc its probably not far off the capacity. Lets not embarrass ourselves by harping on about QPR all season. They may have some gobby fans but as far as i am aware they have never claimed to have a huge support and 15-16,000 is about what I would expect them to get. in some ways its good as shows they don''t have a large number of glory hunters suddenly turning up.

In my view we, as a club, could do with a bit less of the constant patting ourselves on the back over our crowds and a bit more focus on our football team!

On that note thought QPR looked quite decent although obviously they only drew. A bit of early momentum from their signings is to be expected but i still think they may be in the mix with us at the bottom come the end of the season.[/quote]You''re right, we should concentrate on ourselves. But there will always be comparisons between the promoted clubs, and if things aren''t going well I predict a rash of "Why can''t we spend like QPR" closely followed to "Why won''t Delia sell up?"Yes QPR looked good, I thought Wright-Phillips looked lively, then on giving it further thought, he''s looked liked that for every team he has played for, with the same end product! That said I''d have him here in a heartbeat!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair with segregation etc its probably not far off the capacity. Lets not embarrass ourselves by harping on about QPR all season. They may have some gobby fans but as far as i am aware they have never claimed to have a huge support and 15-16,000 is about what I would expect them to get. in some ways its good as shows they don''t have a large number of glory hunters suddenly turning up.

On that note thought QPR looked quite decent although obviously they only drew. A bit of early momentum from their signings is to be expected but i still think they may be in the mix with us at the bottom come the end of the season.[/quote]You''re right, we should concentrate on ourselves. But there will always be comparisons between the promoted clubs, and if things aren''t going well I predict a rash of "Why can''t we spend like QPR" closely followed to "Why won''t Delia sell up?"Yes QPR looked good, I thought Wright-Phillips looked lively, then on giving it further thought, he''s looked liked that for every team he has played for, with the same end product! That said I''d have him here in a heartbeat![/quote]

Not saying don''t make comparisons. Of course we should be measuring ourselves against our fellow promoted teams. Just think we harp on about crowds too much, I very much doubt the average QPR fan will give two hoots that they only get 16,000 a week if they stay up and we go down at the end of the season. Its what they have always got and i can''t see them ever getting that much bigger crowds even if they move to a bigger ground.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be fair with segregation etc its probably not far off the capacity. Lets not embarrass ourselves by harping on about QPR all season. They may have some gobby fans but as far as i am aware they have never claimed to have a huge support and 15-16,000 is about what I would expect them to get. in some ways its good as shows they don''t have a large number of glory hunters suddenly turning up.

On that note thought QPR looked quite decent although obviously they only drew. A bit of early momentum from their signings is to be expected but i still think they may be in the mix with us at the bottom come the end of the season.[/quote]Had Delia Smith not won the lottery with the appointment of Lambert and McNally at the absolute death... we would still be trying to find our way out of the Third Division.With a captive audience, what happens on the pitch really doesn''t matter very much anymore as the protest weapon of ''staying away'' no longer exists. The support has shot it''s self in the foot and now there is no way of getting our voice back.Remember that the ownership of NCFC sees us as ''little old Norwich''. No dynamism there.. and at 70 I suspect she is perfectly content with putting her feet up and taking it easy.

Yawn yawn Cluckbert!

Like myself and others have told you before, where were the hoards of casuals when we averaged 14,000 or less in the 80''s and 90''s and mostly when we were an established top flight club?

Till the club gets the Carrow Road capacity up to a level which it should be, 35-40,000, then this is how it is!

As for QPR - Godd team who look like they could do OK once they settle down, but they''ll always be a medium sized club thats made out to be bigger than what they really are (and us) by the media because they are in London next door to the BBC! 

"I just don''t see the investment potential of that club"

Yes, it''s not as if it is sat in the middle of some place where residential land is expensive - or the owners could claim they needed to sell it off to move to a bigger ground is it ?

Or that the club has had any ''dodgy foreigners'' as ''hinvestors'' recently, who might just have been using the club as a vehicle for cleaning up even dodgier money - through various agents, commissions and split ownership of player registrations either.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]At this level unless you get mega numbers ie 50000 plus the size of the crowd doesnt matter much. Look at Wigan 7 years top flight and always well under 20 000[/quote]

Wigan survive by buying cheap and selling high, making profits on sales and also do not pay over 20,000 quid a week, so they cannot be compared with QPR who are probably paying circa 80K a week to Barton and SWP. QPR are a big black hole and will suffer when FFP comes in, whereas Wigan is pretty much sustainable.

The sour grapes on here is incredable, get over it, by the way, the live SKY match on Monday at Loftus Road was a sell out.

The Toon army didn''t sell all their tickets, not suprising for a Monday evening game considering the distance. I went (don''t ask why!), and there were lots of seats around me spare (in toon part), only few scattered seats visible in home parts.

your all joke fans. Get behind your team sat, no booing just cheering and singing. Wish we had proper fans with this club

Proper fans eh? What the hell are we then? What an absolute rank contribution.

I get fed up with the constant sniping by the same old crew.

What are the terms used on here on a regular basis? Oh yes "Get over it'' - ''Yawn'' et al