Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Bolton Match Thread

We held on :)

Great result, Bolton should have been the better team and easily won, but we deserved the win, Bolton were shocking first half, did very well second half to get back into it, but we kept the pressure up just enough to hold on, thank God :)

phew!  that was nerve racking but great result, first 3 points of the season and hopefully the start of better things to come.good team display.  Fox man of the match for me, Bennett and Ruddy did great as well.

Everybody deserved the victory there....risked it towards the end. 5 penalties given away this needs to stop! Probably at Man Utd!

Given Swansea and QPR and Blackburn won, that victory was massive!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]So .... the big question is will PL name an unchanged line up for the first time next Monday?[/quote]

I seriously doubt it. Though I think De Laet will have to really impress in training to get back in the starting 11.

As much as i do rate them, i''m beginning to worry about Barnett and De

Laet. Both can (and often do) go whole games looking totally solid, and

are then susceptible to making the most ridiculous decision that has us

fighting against a tide.De Laet for the marking against Stoke

(1), the penalty against Wigan (2), the pass against Chelsea (3), the

header against West Brom (4), and Barnett against Stoke for the penalty

and sending off, and today for the other penalty.The way Barnett throws his arms and legs around, especially at this level, is also in my opinion a major cause of concern.Grates with me that bar the consistent lapse of concentration, that they''re both quality players for us.

Great win Norwich, watched it in the pub at Holt which was heaving, with a great atmosphere.

Just back from the match, really great to see the first win and we certainly deserved it. We had great support and were louder than Bolton''s fans all match. Thank god for a good ref, it makes all the difference. And it finally stopped raining! OTBC!

Well done boys! We are off the mark. 5 points in 5 games not bad for the new boys! Bring on Sunderland and hope for another win and hopefully no red cards or penalty decisions going against us.... we can all sit and pray. Afterall we have already broken the record so we can stop now! :P

[quote user="Canarino"]Just back from the match, really great to see the first win and we certainly deserved it. We had great support and were louder than Bolton''s fans all match. Thank god for a good ref, it makes all the difference. And it finally stopped raining! OTBC![/quote]Yeh full credit to the traveling support. Could hear it very clearly on the feed I was watching.Loved how you drowned out their PA with OTBC at the start. Could clearly pick out that other than the 10 mins after the Bolton Goal Norwich were making the most noise :)