Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Bolton Match Thread

Crofts, firstly just look around, all you need to do is search in google....

Secondly, what makes you a Chris Martin expert? If Chris Martin plays this season, he will score. Its why he''s on the bench, its why he started the 3 games before that. He''s a good player, and i''m sure if he''s involved he will chip in the odd goal. Obviously what we need is someone who will score more than the odd goal, which is what i think Vaughan will do, but he needs to start.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]anyone found a stream yet?[/quote][url]http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html?game=football[/url][/quote]cheers

today''s line up tells me one of two things ( i can''t decide which one it is )(i) Lambert doesn''t know who his best 11 are yet or(ii) we are going to spend the whole of this season picking the team to accomodate the opposition rather than focussing on ourselvesi hope today''s formation works - it has Fox, Hoolahan, and Morison who i think are key but Holt should be in the team unless he''s fully fi,t in my opinion.anyways, best of luck to the lads, hope for the best! Come on you yellows!OTBC!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]anyone found a stream yet?
[/quote]

[url]http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html?game=football[/url]
[/quote]

lol hope Pete ain''t watching

Morison does have pace, quite a bit to be fair, and definitely quicker than Holty.

I like the look of our attack.

R Martin in for De Laet...thats sending a message to De Laet, unless he has picked up an injury somewhere and we need him on the bench just in case.

Last time Holty started a league game on the bench anyone??!

I really hope we stick with this formation as I feel it best accommodates the majority of our squad. It allows Fox who was the heartbeat of our passing style last year, Hoolahan who is arguably the best player we''ve got, and accommodates the pace and width of Bennett and Pilkington who have both started quite brightly.

Whether it will bring enough goals... we''ll find that out very shortly!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Crofts, firstly just look around, all you need to do is search in google.... Secondly, what makes you a Chris Martin expert? If Chris Martin plays this season, he will score. Its why he''s on the bench, its why he started the 3 games before that. He''s a good player, and i''m sure if he''s involved he will chip in the odd goal. Obviously what we need is someone who will score more than the odd goal, which is what i think Vaughan will do, but he needs to start.[/quote]

I didn''t know you were a psychic lol [:P]

Seriously we all want our strikers to score goals, but if they will in great enough numbers or not is another thing, but one thing is sure Lambert will not be scared to make changes if he feels things aren''t working, that includes todays line-up.

The season is long but I hope we start scoring soon or it''s gonna feel a LOT longer

San Miguel, do you think Holt and Morison will work up front together? Or just that Morison is key when he''s playing?

I seriously think, unless he proves he''s not up the the job, Vaughan needs to be starting, could very well prove to be our best player. Maybe a risk starting him as he missed most/all/some pre-season and Holt took a while to get back to full fitness last season when he missed pre-season, but if/when were not winning after an hour, Vaughan needs to come on, not with 15/20 mins, he needs a full half an hour at least, maybe from half time if were not playing well at all.

Lets just hope Hoolahan is at his best, then it will all be fine...

[quote user="Largey"]Last time Holty started a league game on the bench anyone??![/quote]Probably Watford at home on the opening day last season. That''s the only league sub appearance he''s made for us.

If you watched the recent England v Wales game, Morison played up front on his own but just kind of ran around a lot - he''ll need to hold it up better today (and Wes and Surman will need to bomb forward to support him, leaving Johnson & Fox to sweep up)

Glad to see Fox back btw, I was going to start a thread about him earlier in the week questioning whether people think he should be starting matches...creativity in midfield in abundance.

Do you mean the Gareth Bale vs England match? Bale never passed to anyone in that game, Morison never got the ball to his feet, and not even too his head, he just had to run around for long aimless balls really. (Maybe slightly exaggerated...)

This is pretty much exactly the starting lineup I was calling for (but I''d be playing Holt) think PL has been watching the message-board.

I take full responsibility for the result...

Back four is worrying, all the discussion at the start of the season about strengthening at the back, looks like we should of.

Big day for for Bennet, Wes and Pilkington.  They''ll need to do a lot of running to link up with Morison in attack,  and tracking back to protect our fullbacks.I recall Martin playing as part of a three man back line. It was a disaster. Hopefully in a standard back four everyone will know what they''re doing!Kevin Davies to win a pen?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]San Miguel, do you think Holt and Morison will work up front together? Or just that Morison is key when he''s playing?

I seriously think, unless he proves he''s not up the the job, Vaughan needs to be starting, could very well prove to be our best player. Maybe a risk starting him as he missed most/all/some pre-season and Holt took a while to get back to full fitness last season when he missed pre-season, but if/when were not winning after an hour, Vaughan needs to come on, not with 15/20 mins, he needs a full half an hour at least, maybe from half time if were not playing well at all.

Lets just hope Hoolahan is at his best, then it will all be fine...[/quote]i think Holt and Morison are our best 2 strikers, and whilst i hope Vaughan will do great i can''t really judge him on a brief and bloody display vs. West Brom.Holt is Holt, and Morison looked great at Wigan and really lifted the team when he came on vs. ChelseaWith good passing from Fox and Hoolahan i think they could work well together, but i myself can''t pick our best 11.  i want 2 strikers and Hoolahan which means either ditching Fox or leaving us exposed at the back. good job i''m not the manager then!let''s hope we get a bit more ''luck'' in this game than we have had previously - COME ON NORWICH!!

[quote user="G"]Back four is worrying, all the discussion at the start of the season about strengthening at the back, looks like we should of.[/quote]

IMHO we should have also got a proven PL striker, but we didn''t so we go with what we have.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="G"]Back four is worrying, all the discussion at the start of the season about strengthening at the back, looks like we should of.[/quote]

IMHO we should have also got a proven PL striker, but we didn''t so we go with what we have.

[/quote]

Not just someone who is proven someone who is going to have a go and be rutheless., we really lacked that last weekend.

We have strength at the back, its just all 3 of our injuries are CBs, if we had all 5 fit, we would have two decent RBs, 4 decent CBs (maybe 5, not sure on Ward until he plays), 1 decent LB, with a back up who could do a job if called upon....