Sign in to follow this  
Picto2007

Golden Goal Tickets

Good afternoon Canary fans..

Next Saturday against West Ham will be a very big game, and is a sell out.
I think everybody should bring an extra quid with them and buy themselves
a Golden Goal ticket.
I will be standing in the upper Barclay (as usual). Go on treat yourselves.
What do the fans actually think of the Golden Goal tickets? The reason I
ask is because we don''t actually sell that many..

Your thoughts....

To be absolutely honest with you golden goal seller I''ve had a season ticket for 10 years now and I''ve never bought a golden goal ticket. It just never really appeals to me. I think if it was made a bit more exciting and you had a slightly better chance of winning I would play.

Personally, I like to put a few quid on at Ladbrokes at the ground.

Rather then rely on ''lady luck'' with Golden Goal, its more fun trying to goal guess with first/last scorer etc and for a small stake you can win quite a bit.

E.G. Norwich to win 1-0 with Easton to score I am sure would have odds of at least ten million to one (Mind you I hear he scored a great goal for Reserves)

I quite enjoy having a little flutter at Ladbrokes before the game. I just wish they would put the team sheet up earlier so we know who''s playing before we bet!

With regards to Golden Goal, I must admit that I have never bought a ticket.

I hear that someone from scum bought a ticket the other day. He scratched it off and it said "a fortnight Tuesday"......

I have bought one in all its guises since 1965 even the paper ones where you used to tear around the corrugated bit round the edge and I have NEVER won.

Well golden goal seller I was true to my word and bought my first ever golden goal ticket on saturday. I of course didn''t win but it was quite fun. I bought it off a friendly looking chap with stubble at the top of the middle stairwell in the upper Barclay. Was that you? (I apologise if that was you but I didn''t know how else to describe you!)

Incidenly I thought you''d be curious to know that someone who sits in front of me who has bought a ticket for years gave up this year- When he was 30 seconds out! I think he was a little peeved!

Hi Dumble Delia,

It must have been me as I am the only Golden Goal seller in the upper Barclay.
Thanks for buying one, shame you didn''t win, but I still think it''s worth a quid,
Gives you something else to look out for when anyone scores.
Next time you buy one from me you will have to let me know who you are.

Shaun.

I''ll do that. I might start buying them regularly but it''s just a bit daunting knowing you''ve got to get the exact second when a goal goes in. I''m sure they would be more popular if you had say, a 10 second goal bracket. Just an idea!

You can be 5 seconds out either way.
People do win. I have had people come up to me and
say that they have won something.
I also think some of the prizes are quite good this
season.

See you at the West Brom game

Shaun.

No more than 3 or 4 a season and usually I buy a Goalden Goal ticket.
I tell you, I will never forget the one time I won. I was about 14/15 and we were playing Tottenham - 86/87? Crook curled in a great free kick and when them guys walked round the pitch with the time shown on the board & they announced it over the tannoy I just couldn''t believ it - 71 mins 47 secs - still remember the exact time!
It was the 2nd Goal I think, and it won me £50 - not a lot now, but to to a 14 year old all them years ago it was a small fortune!
Just to show you how long ago it was I treated myself to a Lyle & Scott jumper & thought I was the dog''s b''s when I wore it to school!
So, Goalden Goal will always have a special place in my heart!

Thats good to hear Canny Canary.
When we sold Canary Cash a few seasons ago I don''t think
they sold as well as Golden Goal.
Where do you site Canny Canary, if it''s the Upper Barclay
thats good.
Have you won since then ?

Shaun.