Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week two of the new Rays Funds for Foncy season. This week I’m aiming one of our big guns at Stan James because we have our good friend and hall of fame member Scooby in charge and making the final selections. Now Scooby is one of our top PUPs as his record over the years proves. His overall win percentage is well over 80% and of course he has twice won for us. He got the winnings underway last season with a great win in August and of course he recorded a win in the world cup the previous summer.

But Scooby needs all you PUPs to be on top form if he is to record another win. Just as you were last week for Ginger Pele. That was a great performance all round and I’m still gutted for GPele because he was so close.

Don’t forget that the one big change in the selection process for this season is that your selection must be priced by Stan James. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Stan James website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

I have provisionally sorted the final selections rota for October. There are five weekends next month and I have given the thread to five PUPs who have never made the selections before. These five all had great first seasons last year and fully deserve their turn in the spotlight. In fact I have a feeling we are in for loads of excitement this autumn and Stan James won’t know what’s hit him!

1st October - SWP=Poor Man’s Ruel Fox

8th October - Herman

15th October - Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat

22nd October - Chellecity

29th October - Dogger

As always please confirm these dates are ok. Don’t worry if not because I can easily make changes.

I’ve been following the progress of our hot prospect Tom Adeyemi. There’s no doubt that you PUPs through Rays Funds helped at least some small way in his development. He is currently on loan at Oldham and seems to be doing very well. There’s a thread further down the board about him  and I’ll post updates to it when I can.

Ill hand the thread over to Scooby now. Theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Scooby ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, yes Norfolkchance1 £1298 for the Academy,so far.

An early plump for Croatia. Dinamo Zagreb to beat Varazdin. Stan James doesn''t have Croatian odds at the moment, but did by last Friday lunchtime. If none materialise by then I''ll plump for something else.

Dinamo play Real Madrid tonight but even so should be OK by Saturday evening. A 4-0-0 and 10-0 goal record at home. Varazdin with a 0-0-3 (0-4) away record.

Damn beaten to it,so to Belgium.

CERCLE BRUGES  v     Lierse        Home win.

Good luck all[Y]

8th should be ok,nutty.

[quote user="Herman "]

Good luck all[Y]

8th should be ok,nutty.

[/quote]Oooh, I nearly went for that one!  Good luck.  It looks like a foul week with all the leading teams away from home for some strange reason.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Herman "]

Good luck all[Y]

8th should be ok,nutty.

[/quote]

Oooh, I nearly went for that one!  Good luck.  It looks like a foul week with all the leading teams away from home for some strange reason.

[/quote]

Strangely enough Helsingborg would have been my other choice but the Belgians have been lucky for me in the past,so touch wood.

Good evening Nutty,good luck Scooby and all you fellow PUPs out there.

Just got to be a home win for BARCELONA(1/12) v Osasuna(16/1).

I have pm''d you Nutty, 29th is ok for me[Y]This week i''m going for Hyde v Gainsborough - Home winHyde have won 9/9 so far so they look unstopable at the top of the conf North

Blue Square Premier for me this week and

Luton (W3 D1 L0 F11 A3 at home) v Lincoln (W1 D1 L2 F5 A7 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Scooby, and as always all PUPs

I''ll go for Dinamo Zagreb to win as well please. They are now showing on Stan James at 1/12 to win, which is about what

you would expect for a top v bottom game with Varazdin having just one point from a home draw in seven games and Zagreb having a perfect

4 from 4 at home and still unbeaten after seven games.

Good luck Scooby and all PUPs

MC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

An early plump for Croatia. Dinamo Zagreb to beat Varazdin. Stan James doesn''t have Croatian odds at the moment, but did by last Friday lunchtime. If none materialise by then I''ll plump for something else.

Dinamo play Real Madrid tonight but even so should be OK by Saturday evening. A 4-0-0 and 10-0 goal record at home. Varazdin with a 0-0-3 (0-4) away record.

[/quote]

Odds are indeed now available, so I''ll stick with this selection, nutty.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

Good luck Scooby and to all you PUP''s

I''m going to go for Southampton Vs Birmingham.

Southampton have won all three of their home games GF 7 GA3

Brimingham have one point away from home which was away to a Watford side who look to have a very difficult season ahead of them. GF 4 GA 7.

Add in Birmingham''s Europa league game with Braga and I Southampton will win this one.

Davo

[quote user="DOGGER"]I have pm''d you Nutty, 29th is ok for me[Y]

This week i''m going for Hyde v Gainsborough - Home win
Hyde have won 9/9 so far so they look unstopable at the top of the conf North
[/quote]

Didn''t get a pm Dogger. I don''t trust them anyway. I sent loads during the summer many of them were never answered. If any of you ever want to contact me canaryeddie@aol.com is my email.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="DOGGER"]I have pm''d you Nutty, 29th is ok for me[Y]

This week i''m going for Hyde v Gainsborough - Home win
Hyde have won 9/9 so far so they look unstopable at the top of the conf North
[/quote]

Didn''t get a pm Dogger. I don''t trust them anyway. I sent loads during the summer many of them were never answered. If any of you ever want to contact me canaryeddie@aol.com is my email.

[/quote]

Ok no worries, will have my tenner ready next week[:D]

Good luck this week Scooby, it was a great week almost for GP last time round, but hopefully we can just get our neck in front on the finish line this time!  I''m sticking to England, where I expect:Sheffield United to beat ColchesterGood luck Scooby, and all you Pups.

Greetings all!

Keep those selections coming guys and girls, the more the better. I will have a long hard look at them all tomorrow and make my pics, hopefully winning ones.

GP came so close last week, being denied at the death, so let''s try and get some revenge and a win on the board for FONCY.

I''ve got Duncan''s pick for Scooby''s consideration : -

Luton     v     Lincoln     Home win

And of course this comes with Duncan''s best wishes to Scooby and all you PUPs.

I''m waiting to post mine to see if it makes an appearance on the Stan James web site.

After last week I realise how risky my away picks all season policy is with Liverpool''s defeat to Stoke with a dubious penalty in a game that they otherwise totally dominated. But I''m determined to continue to see how well I do, so this week Ive gone for

ARSENAL away win at Blackburn

Good luck Scooby and all pickers and lets get a great double of a City win and pickers win!

Last week I backed the red side of Liverpool, this week I''ll back the blue side! Everton are at home to Wigan who play nice stuff but can''t find the net, Everton seem to have started well this season and I can see then putting 3 past Wigan!

Everton vs Wigan home win.

Hello everyone!This week I am gonna go to Belgium, and choose Cercle Bruges to be Lierse at home. Cercle Bruges are currently joint 2nd on points in the league, with 13 points from 6 games. Lierse however are struggling in  comparison and are sat in 14th (out of 16) with only 4 points from 6 games. Lierse are yet to win. It may be a bit of a risk as it is only 6 games in and you never know if the league table at this stage gives a good reflection but on paper it looks a home banker!Good luck Scooby and all PUPS! [:)] [Y]And Nutty I will try and get that tenner to you as soon as possible [:)]

Southend to beat Plymouth at home please. Good luck Scooby. I heard on the radio this morning you were the greenest cartoon character. No wasted food and five of you in a van.