Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Johnson- Signing of the summer so far?

Got to admit ive been very impressed with Johnson since he has come into the side, his running stats for the Chelsea game prior to this weekend indicating that he had run the most distance in one match than any other player in the league. Certainly tireless in breaking up the play, getting stuck in and providing a start point for our build up play. Also an excellent header taken yesterday to secure the 3 points.Whats more is that we got him on a free, a complete bargin considering we would have only had to pay the pultry signing on fee by compariosn to some of our rivals big money spends!

much better yesterday and his best game so far for me. Did not allow the space that bosingwa and dorrans had been gifted before and showing signs of learning and improving - good start.

Now if he can be a little more creative with his passing and stop him from taking free kicks thenhe will be perfect!

Absolute bargain!  Even if we had paid a couple of million for him I would still be happy.  He seems to have a bit of everything in his game.  He gets stuck in, breaks up play, he''s strong, good in the air and also his passing is quite good because I think most of us expected it to be dire.  He seems to have a good shot on him as well.  POTS so far.

Yeah, I thought he was an OK signing at the time, a decent squad player who would be useful if we got relegated. But he''s been great, better than Crofts in an attacking sense and very close to him defensively.

Wish he would stop taking direct free kicks though.

I am going to be honest and say I really didn''t think he would be a very good signing as I never liked the look of him at Leeds. But he has been really impressive, with him and Ruddy being our best players so far this season.

Maybe it was the shoddy football SImon Grayson played ment he didn''t look very good.

He probably is, especially if he can get some of his shots on goal, but he has contenders - Naughton, the wingers and perhaps Vaughan/Morison soon.

If you can stretch the summer back to last January, then Tierney would come into the reckoning. He has been a real revelation. I had my doubts whether he would be able to deal with Premiership wingers and still get forward, but game after game he seems to do this. In some ways he is the surprise package!

Yup, Johnson has made a very impressive start to his Norwich City career. He''s got different dimensions to his game that we''ve already started to see. I know in the past at previous clubs he''s been disappointed at being used at left back or on the left wing when he''s always claimed his best position is in the centre and he certainly seems to be proving that true.

I''ve been very impressed by him too, but I like Crofts a lot and Fox shows we need him in there too...So spoilt for choice, are we? His attitude is spot on and we got him on a free...just about the best signing...but I still hope Vaughan will kick on and score afew!

i think Johnson has done the best so far and i''m delighted for him.  would prefer to see him in the box for future set pieces rather than taking them but otherwise he''s been great.

i think there''s a lot more to come from Bennett - fantastic against Bolton and once we''ve established a regular 11 he will fit in quite nicely

Well, I thought he had something special when he scored from a glorious free-kick over a defensive wall from close-range in pre-season in Germany. To get it up and over the wall and to come down so quickly with wild spin showed immense skill. Not many others here seemed to acknowledge that at the time and laughed when I compared it to a Beckham kick. That seems par for the course though !!  [:P]

Watching secund time the whole game Elliott Bennett was by far our best player on the field and this boy grow his confidence game after game.

Don''t think anyone, including PL, was 100% sure of our best 11 when we started at Wigan. But the team is beginning to gel and quite a few players are shining through and showing themselves to be premiership quality.

We''re not yet the finished article but when you''ve got a clever manager working with the squad, you know we are just going to get better as the season goes on - especially after we picked up three points away from home.

It''s a learning curve for everybody but we can be quietly optimistic.

Bradley Johnson no longer plays for a disjointed club with an obnoxious Chairman and deluded fans in the Championship. He no longer reports to a fairly average manager either. Nowadays he now has a much improved environment; Premiership club, a focussed manager who likes winning, top coaches, excellent training facilities, great fans - above all, things are harmonious here.

Therefore he really should be playing the best football of his career - and he isn''t disappointing anyone for far is he? I''m impressed!...

I think it''s clear to see that when he is given a specific role and instructions that play to his strengths he is a good player.

He may not have a vast passing range or necessarily a brilliant footballing brain but he is athletic, tough, strong in the tackle and possess'' enough ability to maintain possession. Basically compliments David Fox and Wes Hoolahan.

I just wish he''d stay clear of direct free kicks. Granted he can strike the ball incredibly well but the majority of the time he completely wastes good opportunities.

i don''t think that we will have a "best eleven" this season. we have at least 18 players capable of performing well enough to be considered for a starting position on a regular basis. plus considering our best new player-spoilt for choice. all that have played have impressed so far and i would think that they all have many fans among our supporters

It depends on the system, I think 4-2-3-1 seems to work well for us

Ruddy

Naughton

De Laet

Barnett

Tierney

Fox

Johnson

Bennett

Hoolahan

Pilkington

Morison

Players like Holt, Vaughan, C Martin, Crofts, R Martin and Whitbread are more than capable of stepping up to the mark though.