Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Watching Norwich games in pubs...

[quote user="morty"]Nice one guys, Roccos it is, thats about the closest to me![:)][/quote]Get a ticket and come out for the day Morty! I beleive the Magnets have a spare seat in their car!

[quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="morty"]Nice one guys, Roccos it is, thats about the closest to me![:)][/quote]Get a ticket and come out for the day Morty! I beleive the Magnets have a spare seat in their car![/quote]I would love to but I have the kids this weekend, so one ticket becomes 3 and means I''d have to drive, which makes it an expensive day out!That said, do you know if there are still tickets available?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="morty"]Nice one guys, Roccos it is, thats about the closest to me![:)][/quote]Get a ticket and come out for the day Morty! I beleive the Magnets have a spare seat in their car![/quote]I would love to but I have the kids this weekend, so one ticket becomes 3 and means I''d have to drive, which makes it an expensive day out!That said, do you know if there are still tickets available?[/quote]This would suggest there is...[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchTickets/0,,10355~2424655,00.html[/url]

Heres the Google Maps link

I''ve shared a map with you called Pubs showing NCFC Games 2011/2012:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=

216151353943734522541.0004aa3ce447ef653be38

No pub for me lol, just weakened and bought tickets!Having to drive though, club cabbage sold out!

[quote user="Harry"]Where do you live Morty? There is space in the car with me and Keith if you''re on route.[/quote]I will be taking my two kids, and may have another latched onto me, so looks like I have a full car.Thanks very much for the offer though.[Y]

Sorry Morty for testing your weakness! Although look on the bright side, its a much cheaper day out than Man Utd!

I''ll facebook you my number, we can meet up before the game? You too Harry!

[quote user="1eed5canary"]

Sorry Morty for testing your weakness! Although look on the bright side, its a much cheaper day out than Man Utd!

I''ll facebook you my number, we can meet up before the game? You too Harry!

[/quote]Lol, I was always going to crack! Yeah sounds good mate!

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="cityangel"]

This was the original thread which lists all the pubs

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/798719/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Think that thread related to a game in 2006 cityangel, [:)] I guess the long thread got deleted which is weird as the Evening News did a feature on games that were planning on showing matches live a couple of weeks ago.

[/quote]

Sorry about that [:$] Cant find the pub thread from August which listed around 25 pubs showing thr game despite searching for some of the names on that list, so it must be gone.

Here''s another thread which mentions a few pubs

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1/2577404/ShowPost.aspx#2577404

The original thread in July was over 4 pages long and included a post by SDP saying he was going to watch the game at the Ketts Tavern, think that someone from the Ketts replied saying that a certain barmaid was going to be on duty that day who would look after him, thats the thread which is missing.

I saw the Wigan game at the Blue Boar, Sprowston and the Chelsea game at The Malsters, Ranworth - both were excellent experiences!

Think the Blue Boar was a popular choice last time also the Ketts Tavern but I''ll probably be watching in Holt which is nearer home.

Ended up watching it at the Earlham Arms, which was actually pretty good! [:)]Pretty much the first time I''ve ever watched a Norwich game at a pub, as most often I am there, first game i''ve missed this season and I didn''t mind at all! [:)]So much cheaper, and so nice having the rest of Saturday to do stuff rather than just sit on a coach all day. Anyone else watch it anywhere?

Just got back from Ibiza, & me & my lad watched the Bolton game in a bar in San Antonio. There was a mixed crowd & despite there being supporters from all points of the UK, they all agreed that we showed a good account of ourselves, particularly the Scottish lads, who seemed fractionally more knowledgeable, but then again it may be the Lambert-factor! We were delighted to meet up with a good number of fellow canaries over there on their hols. Before anyone says ''what the hell is a fifty something doing in San An, our two girls live & work out there, so it''s not all clubbing! By the way, the Madness gig at Ibiza Rocks was incredible, even more so for the fact that we saw two city shirts in the crowd. Back for a long overdue dose of fine British weather, give me cloud & rain anyday, rather than 32 degrees & 27 at night! Good to be back & seeing our boys doing so well.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Ended up watching it at the Earlham Arms, which was actually pretty good! [:)]

Pretty much the first time I''ve ever watched a Norwich game at a pub, as most often I am there, first game i''ve missed this season and I didn''t mind at all! [:)]

So much cheaper, and so nice having the rest of Saturday to do stuff rather than just sit on a coach all day. Anyone else watch it anywhere?
[/quote]

Watched it in the Railway Tavern in Holt, cost me a couple of drinks and was home by 5pm, great atmosphere too.

[quote user="Face"]at the Rose with a good crowd of Pink Un banned posters.[/quote]

Blimey i bet it was packed![:P][;)]

[quote user="Face"]at the Rose with a good crowd of Pink Un banned posters.[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''m very surprised to see you on here today Mr T. after it was reported members of team Fanny  Magnet were last seen at 3am disappearing into the night searching for ladyboys! [:$][:$][:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m very surprised to see you on here today Mr T. after it was reported members of team Fanny  Magnet were last seen at 3am disappearing into the night searching for ladyboys! [:$][:$][:$]
[/quote]

I was at home watching MOTD and the FLS before retiring to bed having been dropped off first on our return from Bolton whilst your daughter was enticing them onto the dark side by continually ringing and texting.I am all for embracing diversity but i did not want to embarass you Lapp by bumping into you in The Catherine Wheel.Where you live i assume it is your local?[H]

The coach and horses on thorpe road was very quiet, unlike it was for the chelsea game.

Tough stance to take, sure compared to the other game days earlier this season they saw a dip in income.

Ideally we want the pubs to stand together and for the punters to stand with them. We are supposed to be in a free market, one that a tory govrn. would certainly do to any public owned services, oh they have to detriment of the services. But we are in a free market and part of Europe. I am sure the court cases would take at least a season to resolve.

Murdoch has friends in the conservatives but after the only news story this summer coming from one of his awful products and his lack of real power in Europe I don''t think this case against showing these games would be done and dusted so early as this season.

Anyway went to Jubilee, as always good crowd to see the first win.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]I''m very surprised to see you on here today Mr T. after it was reported members of team Fanny  Magnet were last seen at 3am disappearing into the night searching for ladyboys! [:$][:$][:$][/quote]

I was at home watching MOTD and the FLS before retiring to bed having been dropped off first on our return from Bolton whilst your daughter was enticing them onto the dark side by continually ringing and texting.I am all for embracing diversity but i did not want to embarass you Lapp by bumping into you in The Catherine Wheel.Where you live i assume it is your local?[H]

[/quote]I think you will find Mr T that you were all texting and ringing me on the way back and in fact you were the one to call me first! Also you really wanted to come and join us but you knew that this would have been mentioned on here and we would have had photographic evidence so for this reason only, you opted out! Shame really as i think the regulars would have loved  for top fanny magnet to make a grand appearance ;)

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Ended up watching it at the Earlham Arms, which was actually pretty good! [:)]

Pretty much the first time I''ve ever watched a Norwich game at a pub, as most often I am there, first game i''ve missed this season and I didn''t mind at all! [:)]

So much cheaper, and so nice having the rest of Saturday to do stuff rather than just sit on a coach all day. Anyone else watch it anywhere?
[/quote]

Watched it in the Railway Tavern in Holt, cost me a couple of drinks and was home by 5pm, great atmosphere too.

[/quote]

you had to buy your own drinks ? obviously losing your touch [;)]