Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Watching Norwich games in pubs...

What''s it like? I saw a thread a few weeks about people saying where shows it etc, however I can''t find it. [:(] Could someone link me please?Also what is it like? Isn''t it some Italian channel or something? is the commentary in English? Cause I''m watching the Bolton game in a pub in Norwich somewhere, first game I''ve missed this season and just wanted to get an idea of what it is like. Cheers.

Sorry , can''t help ( have a look at SDP''s thread at top of page)

It''s more than my posting status is worth to blab. I know nothing, and you ain''t seen me right?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Sorry , can''t help ( have a look at SDP''s thread at top of page)

It''s more than my posting status is worth to blab. I know nothing, and you ain''t seen me right?[/quote]What? [:P]Sorry but unless I''m a blind buffoon, I''m not discussing anything controversial here am I? It''s not illegal, it''s going to a public house to watch some friendly football? Please enlighten me. [:)]

I heard there was some sort of court action and they were told to stop it.I wouldn''t mind some info in PM if anyone knows anything though.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I heard there was some sort of court action and they were told to stop it.I wouldn''t mind some info in PM if anyone knows anything though.[:)][/quote]Oh, blast! [:(]That''s a kick in the teeth, but I agree PM please if anyone has.

Pete''s post says:"

For legal reasons all posts requesting/offering ticket

sales/swaps will be deleted. The same goes for those requesting/posting

links to streams of games.Sadly it seems that it''s not possible

to have a sensible discussion regarding NCISA. We''ve had enough and

that subject is now off-limits.Leave the insults and personal agendas at the door.Stick to the subject of the thread, stick to Norwich City and your posts will stay."There is nothing in Pete''s post about pubs taking advantage of a currently open legal loophole to show NCFC games via satellite links.On that basis...http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2580034/ShowPost.aspxNice knowing you all, assuming I get banned for NOT breaking the rules....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Pete''s post says:

" For legal reasons all posts requesting/offering ticket sales/swaps will be deleted. The same goes for those requesting/posting links to streams of games.

Sadly it seems that it''s not possible to have a sensible discussion regarding NCISA. We''ve had enough and that subject is now off-limits.

Leave the insults and personal agendas at the door.

Stick to the subject of the thread, stick to Norwich City and your posts will stay."

There is nothing in Pete''s post about pubs taking advantage of a currently open legal loophole to show NCFC games via satellite links.

On that basis...

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2580034/ShowPost.aspx

Nice knowing you all, assuming I get banned for NOT breaking the rules....

[/quote]

this is exactly how nazi germany started

It''s like watching it on sky without the massive logo and with slightly worse commentators/presentersPicture is fine, all in English.Just don''t works in heavy hale stones, as i found out watching it in the Silver fox against Chelsea

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=&q=bb11&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGHP_en-GBGB431GB432&ie=UTF-8

[quote user="morty"]Can anyone name some pubs, other than the one named in the link Chops published?[/quote]I''ve watched in Belle vue, Silver Fox and Roccos so far

Cheers Chops! [:)] Been a while since I''ve posted on here, how have you been and how''s your Son? [:)]Thought I wasn''t breaking any rules. Phew! Dogger what did you say? [:P] Silver Fox? what?

[quote user="DOGGER"]It''s like watching it on sky without the massive logo and with slightly worse commentators/presenters
Picture is fine, all in English.

Just don''t works in heavy hale stones, as i found out watching it in the Silver fox against Chelsea
[/quote]

Ditto here.

The Maid Marian, Maccaubers (soz about the spelling), Belle Vue, and the Beehive of what I know. Going with my Mum on saturday (haha, bless me [:P]), she seems to think the Beehive is nice.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]The Maid Marian, Maccaubers (soz about the spelling), Belle Vue, and the Beehive of what I know. Going with my Mum on saturday (haha, bless me [:P]), she seems to think the Beehive is nice. [/quote]It''s not "nice", but it does have nice beer and you will be able to get in because it''s never massively busy.  I''d meet you there as it''s my local, but I''m out on a day trip to Banham Zoo.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barnett is King"]The Maid Marian, Maccaubers (soz about the spelling), Belle Vue, and the Beehive of what I know. Going with my Mum on saturday (haha, bless me [:P]), she seems to think the Beehive is nice. [/quote]It''s not "nice", but it does have nice beer and you will be able to get in because it''s never massively busy.  I''d meet you there as it''s my local, but I''m out on a day trip to Banham Zoo.[/quote]Sounds good to me, why is it not ''nice'' though? [:(]And cool, have a great day!

[quote user="cityangel"]

This was the original thread which lists all the pubs

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/798719/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Think that thread related to a game in 2006 cityangel, [:)] I guess the long thread got deleted which is weird as the Evening News did a feature on games that were planning on showing matches live a couple of weeks ago.

[quote user="im spartacus"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Pete''s post says:" For legal reasons all posts requesting/offering ticket sales/swaps will be deleted. The same goes for those requesting/posting links to streams of games.Sadly it seems that it''s not possible to have a sensible discussion regarding NCISA. We''ve had enough and that subject is now off-limits.Leave the insults and personal agendas at the door.Stick to the subject of the thread, stick to Norwich City and your posts will stay."There is nothing in Pete''s post about pubs taking advantage of a currently open legal loophole to show NCFC games via satellite links.On that basis...http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2580034/ShowPost.aspxNice knowing you all, assuming I get banned for NOT breaking the rules....[/quote]

[/quote]......and there was me thinking there was a bit more to it than a few pubs showing '' iffy '' satellite streams of City games [:D]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I don''t recall deleting the thread, although I don''t think it will be relevant for much longer...[/quote]Are you saying that it won''t be legal much longer? [:(] Pleeeeease don''t be.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="im spartacus"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Pete''s post says:

" For legal reasons all posts requesting/offering ticket sales/swaps will be deleted. The same goes for those requesting/posting links to streams of games.

Sadly it seems that it''s not possible to have a sensible discussion regarding NCISA. We''ve had enough and that subject is now off-limits.

Leave the insults and personal agendas at the door.

Stick to the subject of the thread, stick to Norwich City and your posts will stay."

There is nothing in Pete''s post about pubs taking advantage of a currently open legal loophole to show NCFC games via satellite links.

On that basis...

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2580034/ShowPost.aspx

Nice knowing you all, assuming I get banned for NOT breaking the rules....

[/quote]

[/quote]

......and there was me thinking there was a bit more to it than a few pubs showing '' iffy '' satellite streams of City games [:D]
[/quote]

censorship, propoganda, making up rules as you go along   and one mans will becoming law... trust me its a slippery slope [:O]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I don''t recall deleting the thread, although I don''t think it will be relevant for much longer...[/quote]

In that case Pete, I couldn''t find it when I used the search function. [:(] I heard that the pubs mentioned in the Evening News article were actually using an Internet stream and not via a satellite and that was the issue. Having said that there is a court case pending but it won''t be clear-cut as the Portsmouth landlady has proved.