Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Canaries ban male fans.

Many football fans have described away days to partisan Turkish stadiums as akin to ''hell'', but for the majority of men, Fenerbahce''s latest game could be more aptly likened to ''heaven'' after they only let in women and children.More than 41,000 female fans and supporters under 12 attended the Turkish giants'' match against Manisaspor in Istanbul this week after men were banned following violence during a friendly against Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk in July.The Turkish Football Federation had ordered the club to play two matches without supporters present.However, they then announced it would not force the teams to play in empty stadiums - instead offering women and children the chance to attend the matches for free.Fenerbahce captain Alex de Sousa said: ‘This memory will stay with me forever.''It''s not always that you see so many women and children in one game.''His on-loan team-mate Joseph Yobo was equally supportive of the initiative.‘We have to thank the ladies for coming to support us. It''s difficult playing without the fans,'' he said.Manisaspor midfielder Omer Aysan agreed: ‘It was such a fun and pleasant atmosphere.’Yasemin Mercil, a female member of Fenerbahce''s executive board, hailed the match as a world first, adding: ''The women know all the chants. The same anthems, the same chants will be sung.’Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/876185-fenerbahce-only-allowed-to-let-in-women-and-children-after-violence#ixzz1YbwIw4v9

[quote user="Better Wizard"]Mister Chops that is sick and i didnt expect that from you[/quote]Wasn''t intended to be sick... "women and children first" was the motto when loading the lifeboats.Though I can''t bear crowds dominated by youngsters.  Ever been to an England U21 game?  It''s like 15,000 shrill voices shouting "come on England!", I''m surprised all the glass in Carrow Road didn''t need replacing after the last match.  Even David Beckham couldn''t get his voice that high.

Just watched this on the news.Looked fantastic.Great atmosphere and loads of singing and chanting.Well done ladies[Y]

Can you just imagine that scenario at Carrow Road? Who on earth would be there to tell them that Norwich are the team in yellow shirts?[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can you just imagine that scenario at Carrow Road? Who on earth would be there to tell them that Norwich are the team in yellow shirts?[:P][/quote]

I have to agree that some women do let us down at Carrow Road, I have a couple near me who still don''t know our players names and one sits there with a typed sheet with all their names and numbers on which she refers to regulary [:D]

But the majoity of us loyal lady fans know who is who, can explain the offside rule and know when a foul is a foul.

just watched a clip on you tube.Some good lookers in the crowd.Got to say that it wasa MASSIVE decision by the Turkish FA.Dont think it will ever stop the men fighting in the future though.

do you think it was in anyway reminiscent of The Life of Brian stoning scene;

"are there any men here?" 

(in high- pitched voices) "no, no, no"

Good idea as a punishment for male fans fighting but I understand that since this match the rival women fans and most of the home women fans have fallen out and are no longer talking to each other outside of a few cliques.