Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Our coverage in the premier league

Just been looking at the coverage we get in the media this year in the "premier" league and thinking about the coverage we got in our 2 back to back promotion seasons. Aside from the local media I think its pretty much the same, of the 3 sides that got promoted i would say we get featured or talked about the least....not saying this is a bad thing. Just wondered what everyone else thinks.

Personally I think there''s been a lot more. Because of the top of the table being the same old story every year the interest in the relegation battle is intensified. Coupled with the fact there''s so much to lose!

We''ve had our fair share relative to the size of the club, with each of the three promoted clubs having their own topic the media love to focus on.

QPR = Financial situation

Norwich = Paul Lambert

Swansea = Passing football

[quote user="Bovril"]We''ve had our fair share relative to the size of the club, with each of the three promoted clubs having their own topic the media love to focus on. QPR = Financial situation Norwich = Paul Lambert Swansea = Passing football[/quote]

And from what I gather, Lambert doesn''t really like doing interviews. I think Football Focus have actually come out and said they''ve tried to get him on and he''s refused.

I also think Swansea are getting a LOT of dispraportionate coverage as they''re Welsh and BBC Wales is all over them and was last year too

"And from what I gather, Lambert doesn''t really like doing interviews."

I get the same impression, never looks fully comfortable being interviewed. Full of self-belief but almost a bit shy and certainly humble with it.

Exactly what we need in a manager, far preferable to most of the colourful characters like Bazza Fry, who are interested mainly in their own publicity.

Norwich have obviously had a lot more coverage so far this season than in the previous two . Just the pre-season build up was probably more that all of the League One coverage. Norwich are also getting more coverage than teams like Wolves, WBA, Aston Villa etc as there is always a bit of talk about the 3 new teams. We might not have had as much as Swansea or QPR but then most of Norwich''s games have been a little low key so far. Most papers etc will do a brief round up of every Premier League game, and then do a brief round up of the Championship as a whole - we usually got one line last season.

I can confirm that Lambert is turning down pretty much every media request (much to the frustration of many) and Norwich are fairly cagey with the media as a whole.

There will be a fair amount of coverage around this Monday''s game as it is going to be on Sky.