Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Plucked Football Shirt

You''d be better putting this question on another type of forum but to answer (or at least suggest), have you tried to pull the pluck back through to the inside? Use a needle or something?

Carefully stretch the shirt in the direction of the pluck several times. Doing this will either let the pluck fall back into place or show enough of the pluck on the reverse side to be pulled through.

[quote user="Cookieace"]Thanks :)

I pulled one pluck yesterday cause I got pissed off lol, and now there is a little line in the top, any ideas as to how this can be mended lol?

Or is there no way.[/quote]I don''t think lol there''s anyway lol that you will lol be able lol to repair lol it now lol.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cookieace"]Thanks :)

I pulled one pluck yesterday cause I got pissed off lol, and now there is a little line in the top, any ideas as to how this can be mended lol?

Or is there no way.[/quote]I don''t think lol there''s anyway lol that you will lol be able lol to repair lol it now lol.[/quote]

The lols are in there so I don''t look like some stuck up twat.

Thanks for all the decent comments people, going to try Ruddy Wizards technique out, if not gonna bring it to a fabric shop.

I have to say that as much as I like the new shirts, they do pluck very easily, my 2 kids shirts look a year old already, I''m not overly happy with the material quality, they seem to stain really easily too.Just as well they are going to be replaced at the end of the season, I should think most peoples will be ready for the bin by then!

I think these shirts are much more delicate than last seasons! My guinea pig has plucked mine... so I darent set my 8 week old kitten on it or there will be nout left!

It was only a small pluck and I just cut it off lol. Didnt cause a hole n looked much tidier. However I dont recommend doing this if u think u will end up with a massive peep hole!!

[quote user="DOGGER"]Best THREAD ever!![:P]
[/quote]

I just love hearing all you blokes discussing this! Wonderful thread.

Middle-aged woman here. The poster who suggested pushing the loop through to the reverse was probably right - use a blunt needle, like a bodkin or a fine knitting needle and do it gently. Don''t cut it! By the way, if you look up "hitch" rather than "pluck" you may get more results.

It''s hard to avoid hitches with the sort of fabric Errea use. It''s not dog-friendly, really.

I have a suggestion Cookieace.When i have worn a shirt for the day there is this magic basket that i put it in and 24 hours later it turns up on a hanger in my wardrobe frehly washed and ironed.This also happens when buttons are missing or even if the shirt has a stain.Buttons are replaced and the stain has disappeared as if by magic.Give it a go with your pluck and it may well work.

The only thing you need do is make sure there is a woman in the house before attempting this solution.[:D]

Do the washing pixies do repairs? I think you''ll find there may be union trouble ahead there. I mean you don''t expect the tea pixies to polish your shoes do you? Don''t risk industrial action by putting stuff in the wrong basket!

Ruddy Wizard, I don''t know why you''re saying that. You know very well that at our house, the pixies are multi-skilled labourers and there''s never been any union trouble. However, I could have a word with them ......

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Do the washing pixies do repairs? I think you''ll find there may be union trouble ahead there. I mean you don''t expect the tea pixies to polish your shoes do you? Don''t risk industrial action by putting stuff in the wrong basket![/quote]

These pixies RW,do they train women with regard to car maintenance? Her indoors in my house soon grasped where the petrol light is on the car  dashboard but in over twenty years has still to learn where the petrol cap is or where petrol stations can be found.[:P]

Train women?? You think that is possible Tilly? Steady on...

(I''m expecting the need for some solidarity here sometime soon Tilly)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]

Try putting a lighted cigarette in the vicinity the bobbly bit.

Failing that pluck all of it so you can''t notice the original.

[/quote]

......and then try ringing 999 as the house goes up in flames.
[/quote]

[:D]

As this thread is bringing out the domestic gods and goddesses for football related sartorial maintenance can I ask how I can remove those stubborn post match skid marks?