Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

We had the 3 most hated club.. what club do you want to do well?

Dont follow anyone in particular,  but enjoy watching good football so barca and arsenal in recent seasons.

But after our visit to league one its the hartlepools etc of this world that I want to do well,  local clubs within a community remindng me what the real football experiance is. 

Barrow and Workington back in the Football League.Quite a small ''want'' for me.

I always have a soft spot for Southampton, mainly because my favourite history teacher at primary school supported them, and now I live there so I do like to follow how they''re doing.

I don''t really have any clubs that I want to do well, other than Norwich; I do look out for Nottingham Forest''s results though and have an interest in the club, so I suppose they come the closest if I had to pick one club, certainly couldn''t pick three. Two of my best friends in Nottingham are Forest season ticket holders, so we had a bit of rivalry last year due to both teams being in the same league; it''s weird because I don''t like them being too successful because of their history - I feel they need to be taken down a peg [;)] On the other hand though, if they were in a relegation scrap come the end of the season, I would want them to avoid the drop.

Chelsea before they employed their current idiot of a manager. Barcelona for obvious reasons, Almeria because they are wonderful and Eastbourne boro because my Grandad used to/still kind of supports them.

[quote user="alysha"]I don''t really have any clubs that I want to do well, other than Norwich; I do look out for Nottingham Forest''s results though and have an interest in the club, so I suppose they come the closest if I had to pick one club, certainly couldn''t pick three. Two of my best friends in Nottingham are Forest season ticket holders, so we had a bit of rivalry last year due to both teams being in the same league; it''s weird because I don''t like them being too successful because of their history - I feel they need to be taken down a peg [;)] On the other hand though, if they were in a relegation scrap come the end of the season, I would want them to avoid the drop.[/quote]

Misread the title [:$]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Barrow and Workington back in the Football League.Quite a small ''want'' for me.[/quote]

What about Darwen as well Cluck??

Liverpool and Arsenal due to family conections, Lincoln as I adopted that city as home for 3 years

From the lower leagues im happy to see brighton do well and to be honest up untill recent events I always wanted Colchester and Peterborough to do well, shame a few things have put a bad taste in my mouth about both of the regimes at those 2 clubs. Also the linnets, just a shame what happened to them when they looked like making a return to the footballl league

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Barrow and Workington back in the Football League.Quite a small ''want'' for me.[/quote]

What about Darwen as well Cluck??[/quote][:)]  A bit before me that Bh!When I was a kid in sunny Sprowston I used to collect the Anglo ''Bellboy'' bubble gum football wrappers and Barrow and Workington seemed like the other side of the world to me at the time..... so I went for the ''exotic'' for my second team(s)!!!Been there on a pilgrimage since... not exactly ''exotic'' in reality.

Norwich, Man United (team supported as a youngster), Hartlepool (Grandads hometown and club, been to a few games, saw michael nelson play loads as a skinhead lol) and Oxford United, my step dads team.

Crewe for me, and have done for nearly as long as I have supported City. I think originally it was a sympathy vote, because at the time they nearly always finished near the bottom of the 4th Div. Living in Norwich, I still went  to see them (in the early 80''s) ''away'' at Burnley (''great'' experience with their fans!) and then at Colchester on a Fri night (Mike Walker played in goal that night, ''we'' lost 4-3). Also travelled up one Christmas time for a ''home'' game against Bristol City (2-2) and had to sleep on Crewe station until dawn to catch the relevant trains home.

Ebbsfleet United (those of you that know me know why); AFC Wimbledon (for the reasons others on here have stated) and Guernsey FC (the first team from the Channel Islands to compete in an English league - as of this season - doing very well and averaging gates around 1500).

Spurs for me ... my wife is THFC and before we had our kids, I used to drag her around the country watching us and therefore went to watch Spurs as well... we both had our ''Judas'' moments at the same time us with A.Marshall and her with Sol Campbell both going to our bitterest rivals..... looking forward to Boxing Day now!!! (divorce on the cards!!!)

I follow Rochdale as my second team, as my dad was born there. Norwich has always been my team, and I think my dads for the last 40 yrs, but we still watch out for their results.

Er, Norwich City, obviously!

Normally the teams playing the Sc*m and Leeds.

AFC Wimbledon - because they are the true, ethical successors of the old Wimbledon set up which should have never been allowed to turn into MK Dons!

Don''t like Leeds (fans), MK Dons (franchaise) and Wigan. Apart from Norwich I like to see Blackpool do well. Really enjoyed the way they have played in recent seasons.

I always look out for the Plymouth and Sheff Wed, one of my mates is a Plymouth fan and I''ve been to Portaloo Road a couple of times to support them with him, got some family in South Yorkshire who are Wednesday fans and it''s always been a weekender when we play them and shared a few beers with a lot of their fans.

My favourite team to watch over recent years is Barcelona, just for how unbelievably good they play as a team, plus of course Mr Messi. Arsenal are also great to watch and a great example of how a big club should really be run (apart from the ridiculous ticket prices).

But in a similar vein to the above, I''ll always look out for AFC Wimbledon as the whole MK Dons fiasco was just not right.

And also Brighton as I used to live there, and know some great supporters. It''s great to see them in their new stadium and playing so well.