Sign in to follow this  
southstand

Wes not selected for Irish squad!!

What is Trappatoni thinking about by not selecting Wes for the Irish team

- he was watched for his cameo sub appearance where he was brilliant for 15 minutes - he must have been watched for the Bolton game - once again a star performance

Think he will have to find a Welsh great grand mother if he wants to play international football

On the plus side for Norwich it''s great news - keep him fit and fresh to fight for premier league points

Its not just the injuries we need to worry about from our international players.It puts them in another big shop window for potential suitors. We don''t need our best players to leave, or even be unsettled through the speculation of leaving come January.

In a way I''m glad he''s overlooking them but in another way I hope the Irish do terribly without them which will presumably lead to a change of manager and someone who is prepared to look at players from Norwich. oooh the conflict!

You''d have thought someone who keeps possession of the ball as well as Wes does would be very valuable at international level.

Feel sorry for Wes as I assume he would like to play for his country and there are less talented and less able players than him in the squad.

nolegs"]Good ,one less chance to get injured.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Though comon, the Irish aren''t that good they can leave out Hoolahan?

As we''ve seen with Lambert, Hoolahan is left out for formation reasons, but in reality our best 11 includes the great little Irishman!

I agree vthat have players left out, is good for their hunger and for potential injuries that could occur.

I also think however that Wes is that player that you have to build a formation around, his tracking back has improved greatly. He is now feisty in the tackle but I beleive it is down to formation etc. why he is not involved internationally.

Until he starts scoring more regularly then I don''t expect him to involved.

Tierney on the other hand will have alot of interest in his direction if he continues to perform at this level domestically and for an international call up.