Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

The launch of Hucks-Through adversity to great heights

Hi all, just thought i''d let you know I''ve written a book about my career and time at Norwich, i''ve tried to be honest and fair, without hyping anything up http://www.dh6.co.uk/s33/Book-Pre-order.html

i''ll be doing personalised copies through my web site for a limited time

i hope you all enjoy it,i was harder than i thought it would be

Hucks

That''s handy, it''s my birthday on the 14th October so that''s a present from one of the kids sorted out.

I''ll give them the website address and let them get on with it.

Mark .Y.

Sounds awesome Hucks, I see there are two front covers, I presume we can choose our front cover or have you written this in two parts?

It''ll be great to hear your stories, you''ve been honest and haven''t shied away from telling it how it is before which for fans is all we ask, this will be flying off the shelf for Christmas I suspect!

Well done Hucks.

I shall be ordering. Memories of your outstanding skills, space and character will never be forgotten

If only you could have played in our current team in the Premier league. I am sure you would have enjoyed playing under Lambo.

Finally, it''s great that you and your family settled in the area and seem very happy.

Hucks mate glad it is finally finished i shall see you in the eagle some time pal. Good luck with the sales im sure it will do very well.

Please tell me there''s a chapter called "What Glenn Roeder knows about football"....That would be the smallest chapter in the history of literature.

[quote user="Harry"]Please tell me there''s a chapter called "What Glenn Roeder knows about football"....That would be the smallest chapter in the history of literature.[/quote]A leaf out of Len Shackleton''s book....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1045604.stm(well worth a read, this)

The following year he published his autobiography. Entitled "Clown

Prince of Soccer", the book famously contained a chapter headed: "The

Average Director''s Knowledge of Football".

At the foot of the now legendary empty page was a note reading "This

chapter has deliberately been left blank in accordance with the author''s

wishes."

Anyway, I''ll be in for two books, one for myself and one for my niece.

I''m assuming one cover is aimed at Cov fans & one at Norwich fans... I''ll certainly be buying a copy! I was at a night with Darren Huckerby at FCR & Hucks certainly wasn''t frightened to tell it how it was, so here''s hoping the book is the same!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well done Hucks. I shall be ordering. Memories of your outstanding skills, space and character will never be forgotten If only you could have played in our current team in the Premier league. I am sure you would have enjoyed playing under Lambo. Finally, it''s great that you and your family settled in the area and seem very happy.[/quote]

Bury Yellow - are you an Estate Agent by any chance? :-)

Bl00dy awsome! The best player I have ever seen play for NCFC with the most passion for the club I''ve ever known (closely followed by Holt!) has written a book?!?! I''ll be getting this when I can afford it, I''m not waiting till Christmas to get it lol

Hi Darren,

Looking forward to reading this - particularly as my Grandfather (Keith Elliott) has been involved with Clifton All-whites for more than 50 years (He''s now treasurer and honorary lifetime president) and remembers your time there with particular fondness. I hope the club are included in some small part, but regardless, I''m excited to read it!

All the best,

Tom

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I might just wait for the movie instead. Wonder who''ll get to play Hucks? Some left-wing actor, other than Glenda Jackson, perhaps?[/quote]

glrnda jackson would be superb as glenn roeder [:D]

Brilliant Hucks! i get paid tomorrow so will be pre ordering my copy right away! Thanks for this.. I always thought you would have a good story to tell.

I''ll be looking forward to reading this, and I''ll order it straight away once it''s released!  Should be an interesting read, you''ve had an extremely interesting career Hucks.And if I don''t get a signed copy, I''ll be bringing it to the ground, I know where you sit [:P]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Brilliant Hucks! i get paid tomorrow so will be pre ordering my copy right away! Thanks for this.. I always thought you would have a good story to tell.[/quote]

Save your money it can''t be pre ordered til 5th October

i hope you all enjoy it, never thought it''d be something i would do,i''ve been lucky enough to be at clubs at memorable times in their history, its just a honest account of my time(Good and Bad) at these places

Loved Iwan''s book, really look forward to reading this, hope it gets an insight into your life, and how it''s affected outside of football too, i always find that interesting.

Couldn''t see a price on the website, are you still deciding on it?