Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Percy Varco

Ashton in, who's out?

If we do end up signing Dean Ashton I can only imagine 4 possibilities of how this has been achieved;

1 - We always had considerably more money available than has been stated by Nigel and the Board

2 - Geoffrey Watling left us a bundle of cash in his will

3 - A player is going the other way to Crewe

4 - Dario Gradi thought he''d offload him for a bargain cos he has a thing for Delia.

Anyone else think McVeigh may now be heading north?

Just goes to show that you shouldn''t believe everything you see in the media.

Whilst Nigel is still developing his football tactical nous, he''s always played a shrewd game with the media - using it when it suits and keeping stumm when necesary.

Contrast him to that idiot Redknapp. Looks like he pays well over the odds to agents and on wages beause he can''t keep his gob shut. That''s why Milan kicked him out.

why you want to debate it is beyond me.  I am just far too excited and nervous (remember he still has to agree personal terms) at the moment to be worried about the why''s and where for''s.

Radio 5 have just said that the fee is thought to be around £2m. It''s more than £1.2m but maybe not as expensive as many people were thinking? 

prehaps crew are hobos, and would accept a low price.....

for me id go 5

Realisticly 1...... remember hux.......

i dont know if this is relevant but apparently green has sold his house and he has rented a place for only a month.... make of that what you will!

Where did the last poster get this "apparent" information about Green from - what are your sources?