Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Penalty Comparisons.

Having watched the Everton keeper last night conceding the penalty against West Brom and only receiving a yellow card it took me back to the John Ruddy penalty incident against Chelsea and his sending off.Now if anybody can spot the difference in the circumstances and how one was a yellow and one a red please let me know.Inconsistency at its best in my book.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Having watched the Everton keeper last night conceding the penalty against West Brom and only receiving a yellow card it took me back to the John Ruddy penalty incident against Chelsea and his sending off.Now if anybody can spot the difference in the circumstances and how one was a yellow and one a red please let me know.Inconsistency at its best in my book.[/quote]

The only consistent thing about referees is their inconsistency

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Having watched the Everton keeper last night conceding the penalty against West Brom and only receiving a yellow card it took me back to the John Ruddy penalty incident against Chelsea and his sending off.Now if anybody can spot the difference in the circumstances and how one was a yellow and one a red please let me know.Inconsistency at its best in my book.[/quote]It''s all about interpretation of the law, I''m sure you know all about that!

Come on guys. If you can''t tell the difference between the two incidents then I don''t think football is your game. It is quite clear that Ramires ran into the right side of the penalty box and the West Brom player was on the left. Also it was up the other end of the pitch!!

In all seriousness though, that is exactly what I thought. The only thing I can think of is that due to the ridiculous camoflague GK top of Everton''s the ref didn''t see the keeper commit the offence. Therefore the West Brom player should have been booked for diving!

I bet Vilas Boas isn''t taking this one to the FA with him is he??!!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

You could apply that comment to every human being on the planet rather than just referees. People make mistakes.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

You could apply that comment to every human being on the planet rather than just referees. People make mistakes.

[/quote]

OK, but the important thing is to recognise and admit it when one does.

Seems to me that the admission of clear mistakes by referees is relatively rare.

Their organisation needs to enter the debatesrather more often. .The more openess and transparency the better, I reckon.

OTBC

[quote user="Marigold"]

Come on guys. If you can''t tell the difference between the two incidents then I don''t think football is your game. It is quite clear that Ramires ran into the right side of the penalty box and the West Brom player was on the left. Also it was up the other end of the pitch!!

[/quote]

Sorry Marigold but youre wrong

One was established Premier League side vs another established Premier League side

The other was Top 4 Premier League side vs Newly Promoted side that had been in League 1 two years ago

THATS the difference  [:P]