Sign in to follow this  
Hutcherby46

grant holt meet

has anyone been fortunate to meet the captain the legend mr grant holt? i had a new shirt signed last year for my birthday by him saying "to ross happy birthday grant holt 9"  but would personally like to meet him and shake his hand maybe get a picture

Met him and Drury at Aviva when they did a signing. Got my picture taken and he gave Drury loads of $hit cos he turned his head when the pic was taken and made him sit still so we could have a proper picture taken. He''s brilliant!

Brilliant picture ryan1992, the supporting cast in the photo are priceless, three lads having a pee clueless that the legend is about and a Roy Cropper wannabe looking for directions to take a pee.

when we played carlisle at home he came walking up the aisle of the jarrold and no one took any notice i shook his hand as i was on the end of my row i''m not bothered about being uncool ...of course he was a league 1 player with a peaugot 405 back then  [;)]

I hope you lot realise that Kathy is turning greener the longer this thread goes on.When i told her that i spoke to him at Sainsburys petrol station Pound Lane she stopped shopping at Sainsburys Longwater and changed the day she shops just for the chance of bumping into him.[;)]

[quote user="ryan1992"]I didnt want it that big, sorry!!![/quote]

I didnt say that when I met him [A]

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="ryan1992"]I didnt want it that big, sorry!!![/quote]

I didnt say that when I met him [A]

[/quote]

Haha, I was waiting for somebody to respond like that!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]I sit next to that dude with the glasses in the lower barclay!![/quote]For the five minutes he''s there you mean?This also means you sit two rows behind me...

Yeah slightly strange!

I reckon he''s got a seat in all four stands and has 22 and half mins in each!

Nice fellow always moves out the way for us to get to our seat always smiles never says a word!

i have seen the chap with the glasses before... He goes to a lot of the Fans forums and used to like to have a say on the microphone...fair play to him... he has some kind of confidence problem i think... he queues up for ages to get autographs and Roger Munby always seemed to know who he was....

Yes its William. He comes to our forums and I am full of admiration for him, because despite the fact he has a stutter, he always puts his hand up and asks a question.

[quote user="Kathy "]Yes its William. He comes to our forums and I am full of admiration for him, because despite the fact he has a stutter, he always puts his hand up and asks a question.[/quote]

I reckon he''s looking at a map of Reepham, there, Kathy...

Funnily enough, though, I think I recognise him too, and I haven''t sat in the lower barclay for years, nor been to any of the forums... is he the most famous NCFC fan not holding a director''s seat...?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i have seen the chap with the glasses before... He goes to a lot of the Fans forums and used to like to have a say on the microphone...fair play to him... he has some kind of confidence problem i think... he queues up for ages to get autographs and Roger Munby always seemed to know who he was....

[/quote]

he ques up for autographs where? because maybe i can kill two birds with 1 stone meet holt and get a word out of mysterious friend

The poor chap has a terrible stutter but fair play to him he always attends forums and likes to ask questions.His name is William.

[quote user="Hutcherby46"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i have seen the chap with the glasses before... He goes to a lot of the Fans forums and used to like to have a say on the microphone...fair play to him... he has some kind of confidence problem i think... he queues up for ages to get autographs and Roger Munby always seemed to know who he was....

[/quote]

he ques up for autographs where? because maybe i can kill two birds with 1 stone meet holt and get a word out of mysterious friend
[/quote]

Don''t the players come in through a part ofthe Jarrold.I am sure i have seen people hanging around waiting for autographs.I could be wrong so any clarification would help[*-)]

[quote user="Kathy "]Yes its William. He comes to our forums and I am full of admiration for him, because despite the fact he has a stutter, he always puts his hand up and asks a question.[/quote]hear hear Kathy... Fair play to William and long may he continue attending the forums.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Kathy "]Yes its William. He comes to our forums and I am full of admiration for him, because despite the fact he has a stutter, he always puts his hand up and asks a question.[/quote]hear hear Kathy... Fair play to William and long may he continue attending the forums.[/quote]He could post on here and no one would know.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Hutcherby46"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i have seen the chap with the glasses before... He goes to a lot of the Fans forums and used to like to have a say on the microphone...fair play to him... he has some kind of confidence problem i think... he queues up for ages to get autographs and Roger Munby always seemed to know who he was....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t the players come in through a part ofthe Jarrold.I am sure i have seen people hanging around waiting for autographs.I could be wrong so any clarification would help[*-)]

[/quote]

Yeah Thats where my pic was taken! They park in the car park next to the astro turf pitch, then enter through the Jarrold stand near the hotel

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]They would if he had a headset and was using a t-t-type-as-you-t-t-t-talk![/quote]

You''re a bad person!!

But I proper LOLed, so I guess I am too...

I recognise him too, I used to work in the Snakepit about 5 years ago and he looks the spitting image of one of the agency staff members.