Sign in to follow this  
Desert Fox

Is anybody watching the Sunderland match in Central London?

Do the capital canaries have a regular venue to meet up at? Or if anyone else is at a loose end tomorrow evening, do you know any good bars to watch the match in London?

Tim,I thought that the New Red Lion (Formerly the Offside Bar) half way up City Road had now re-opened since its refurb and was the original home of the Capital Canaries. Has they now permanently moved to the Old Red Lion theatre?cheers

Hello Rondy,

I''ve not been to the New Red Lion since the refurbishment, but I understand it is a theatre/pub and the stage as at the opposite end to the bar and not really set up to watch football.

The Old Red Lion is where the City games will be shown from now on. If this changes we''ll get it out on twitter and messageboards and on our website www.capitalcanaries.co.uk

I hope everyone who goes there enjoys the evening. It would be good to have some feedback from those who go. I''d like to be there but I am on kids-dad-cabs duty early evening so will be watching at home.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers Tim, thanks for clearing that up. I only know that the New Red Lion is now open again as I cycle passed it most days, though havent ventured in yet.Personally I much prefer the Old Red Lion anyway - Will be in there tonight and I must have seen 5/6 games in there last season too and the atmosphere was always brilliant - the fact we won most of them might have helped! Big screen, couple of other tellies, excellent beers/ale on tap (and enough staff behind the bar) -  I''d definitely recommend it. It helps I live 10 mins down the road but it''s literally 2 mins from Angel tube so easily accessible.. Bit of a shame that they''re only showing the official Sky/ESPN games and not all 38 as I''ve read/heard that a lot of pubs in Norfolk are doing, but I guess they have their reasons (though must be good reasons, as I imagine they make a killing on match days/nights) By the way if the Landlord reads this I reckon I''ve just earnt a couple of pints on the house!Fingers crossed for tonight - am going for a very hard fought 2-1 win (Morison and Bennett) - though worryingly I''ve just read that in 13 monday night away matches in the prem Sunderland have yet to win one..otbc