Sign in to follow this  
Gravitys Rainbow

Looking for a place to crash tomorrow night!

Hey guys,

I''ll get straight to the point, and you can read the reasons why underneath if you feel so inclined :)

I am looking for a place to crash tomorrow night in Norwich. I cannae afford a ticket to the match, but I was hoping to watch the game in a pub somewhere. My name is Sam and my number is 07907147828.

Now, for the reasons!

Basically I moved over to this part of the world from New Zealand, about a year and a half ago. I was planning on living in Norwich for a while (My father is from that area, so I was raised a Norwich fan)...

That never happened though...I met an Irish chickie down in London, and we ended up going over to the old country. She''s in France now, and I''m going over when my new passport arrives which should be any day now. I''m staying with a mate down in this god forsaken now of Ipswich.

So...I''m hitching up to Norwich tomorrow and will spend the day busking and having a look around the city. Like I said, I cannae afford a ticket on a busker''s wage anyway, but if someone has a spare couch (I got a sleeping bag), I can shout a couple of beers.

So me number is there if you want to contact. I don''t know Norwich at all, but someone suggested I busk near the markets. I''ll be the tall guy with curly hair, playing the mandola (which for those who don''t know, kinda looks like a mini guitar)...

Brilliant, thanks and peace.

Sam

P.S To the moderator, this message is above all an appreciation for Norwich City football club. I would appreciate if it was left on this forum, where it has more of a chance of being read. Thank you :)

Heard smudger gave you a offer but you turned it down? Fairplay i wouldn''t want to stay on his dirty sofa either

Haven''t got a place to stay I''m afraid but you could try couchsurfing.comI''ve used that loads of times when I''ve been travelling. Not sure if there''s anything in Norwich but you never know. Might be a bit late but worth a shot.As for busking, your best bet is a place called London Street. It''s just round from the market and you can normally get a spot outside Jarrolds or Habitat. The spot outside Habitat is a hotly contested spot though and you normally have to get there pretty early to have a hope of getting it. (Not sure if that''s gonna work if you''re hitching)Failing that, if you do go on Gentleman''s Walk (this is the walkway that runs along the front of the market, you should try to get outside Lloyds bank. The further up you go there''s normally the Puppet Man or some full band type stuff out on Saturdays so probably won''t get heard or anything up that end.Good luck mate. Hope it goes well.

Hello mate you can crash round mine. I''m now heading into the city. Been drinking since 8 this morning so the house is in a bit of a state but help yourself to any toast you can find and I think theres juice in the fridge. If next door come round and give you any grief tell him to do one or you''ll get him in a headlock. If she comes round flirt outrageously with her. I''m close to cracking that case but feel free to chance yer arm. I''ll be drinking in the Bell from 3 onwards and again after the match. Like I said eitehr catch up with you in the Bell or see you back at mine later. I just tried to ring your mobile but its off? Whatever pal.

Hey Mikewalker, sorry man don''t know what is with my phone aye.....I actually hooked up with someone on couchsurfing (Thanks Who let the fox out, my account was getting rusty)...not meeting up with her for a couple of hours so I might try find the Bell, and holla out a pink un name....maybe this message is pointless...perhaps. Thanks so much though mate :)