Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Lamberts subs tonight...

Great win tonight and Lambo got the tactics pretty much spot on again.  However,, was there any need to go 442 with 15 minutes left at 2-0 up?  I was slightly surprised at that move.  We got away with it tonight, just, but i think he needs to consider when a sub really needs to be made.  Morrison looked fine, though Pilks didn''t have too much influence tonight, and Crofts was a straight swap.  Shame to see Vaughan hobble off, he dont have much luck really does he...

[quote user="jed exodous"]Great win tonight and Lambo got the tactics pretty much spot on again.  However,, was there any need to go 442 with 15 minutes left at 2-0 up?  I was slightly surprised at that move.  We got away with it tonight, just, but i think he needs to consider when a sub really needs to be made.  Morrison looked fine, though Pilks didn''t have too much influence tonight, and Crofts was a straight swap.  Shame to see Vaughan hobble off, he dont have much luck really does he...[/quote]I thought that Pilkington was quality to be honest. Vaughan has been injury prone for 6 years, I was criticised for people on here when I said that I doubt he would manage 20 games a year, slated in fact. It''s not the end of the season yet, but so far I am well on course to be right about that. Unfortunately I think that Lambert has bought a crock. He really should have played that ball to Holt too, I thought that was selfish.

I thought he left it a bit late. Several players looked knackered for a good ten minutes beforehand.We play a very high tempo game, stretching for every ball & always putting pressure on the opposition. Some players will run themselves into the ground over an hour or so; subs are vital the way we play. Of course it doesn''t help when one of your subs gets injured straight away. Let''s hope Vaughan recovers soon.

Lejudge, who slated you for saying he was injury prone?

Everyone knows he''s spent about 90% (rough calculation) of his career injured, and anyone saying otherwise is just plain stupid. Some people (including me) would have said that maybe he''s gone past the injuries now, but thats more out of hope than anything based on facts, as you can''t realistically predict what injuries a player will get and when.