Sign in to follow this  
Paul Green

worthy king of the bluff

Worthington you lying git!!!!1.only 1.2 mill to spend2.Ashton to expensive3.probably not be able to bring anybody in Jan4.nothing going to happen this week,maybe next week.All I can say is I will never play poker with you.Thanks to Worthy & the board(me thinks Delia has dipped in again) I now feel even if we were to go down we are giving it a bloody good shot and we are building the team along the right lines.

STRIKERS win matches, Defenders win championships.

Yeah I agree Paul at least we''re showing a bit of ambition, but your signature is a load of rubbish:

"Strikers win matches, defenders win championships"

Tell that to the most successful club side in the world (Real Madrid) they''ve won all sorts with a crap defence, as to have Brazil on the international stage... strikers win matches!!!

STRIKERS win matches, Defenders win championships.

Yes you are dead right. The fact is that nobody has won the Premier League and not had a decent defence. Probably the closest anybody got to that was Keegan at Newcastle. Also if you look at Man U and Arsenals situation this year neither of them have replaced Schmeichel or Seaman while Chelsea have probably the best 2 keepers in the Prem. I know you can talk about Brazil etc but they are a seperate case - they defend by keeping the ball. As for Real Madrid have you not been on planet earth recently? - what have they won recently? If you want to look at teams that are there or there abouts every world cup - look at Italy and Germany and what they have won between them - it''s all based on a good defensive unit (and I''m including the keeper in that).

[quote]Worthington you lying git!!!!1.only 1.2 mill to spend2.Ashton to expensive3.probably not be able to bring anybody in Jan4.nothing going to happen this week,maybe next week.All I can say is I will neve...[/quote]

I just can''t believe that anyone was taken in by all this talk of

We''ve only got 1.2m

We can''t afford Ashton,Bent etc etc.

We''ve heard it all before and it was obvious it was a bluff. £20m+ to be gained if we stay up and a guaranteed £15m if we go down plus £4m in the summer for Greeno so we have nothing to lose in spending £5m or so in the bid to keep us up.

Hope Ashton does sign and I bet you all he wont be our only signing in January.