Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Right, so here we go.  Picking these was TOUGH this week, we have had some absolutely great picks and sorting them out has been a difficult decision.  Last season I used the pickers table to influence my picks, but obviously this time round we''re a bit early on in the season to do that.  I mean I''ve even still got 100% and I don''t think I''ll be hitting those heady heights at the end of the season.  It has been great to see some new faces on the thread, and hopefully even more join in as the season progresses.  So I based my picks mainly on form, and how many times they''d been picked (although the PSV game was common I didn''t choose it), and from my own accumulator ''knowledge''.  Unfortunately to those who picked games from Scotland, I never choose these games for my accumulators because they have always messed up!  So, without further ado:FC Copenhagen to beat BrondbyHapoel Tel Aviv to beat Hapoel HaifaZenit to beat Tom Tomsk (also my pick)CSKA Sofia to beat Vidima-RakovskiSheffield United to beat WycombeTNS to beat AirbusI was really umming and aahing over my last pick, which was the Sheffield match.  Some really great picks this week, which I thank you all for, and hopefully we can get back to winning ways this weekend.  I''ll be paying attention to leagues across Europe this weekend which makes it a lot more interesting!Good luck to everyone, and great to see some new pickers.  Good luck Pups.

Thank you for these Star. That''s a really well thought out final six. I''m really excited about our chances this weekend. I''ll put these on this evening then post the odds on here.

And I''m also chuffed to bits that so many new PUPs have joined this week. Welcome OldRobert and welcome back CTID.

My first time doing this - a lot of people have covered a lot of games, so I''ll be obvious!! West Ham to beat PoshHuddresfield to beat The O''sWednesday to beat ExeterMy Choice though has to be Celtic to beat Cally Thistle.

Opps,didn''t realise that the picks were being done tonight wasn''t expecting to have my selection picked as i always try and offer value (see 7/2 winner last week)

This week Portsmouth V Blackpool AWAY WIN

Good luck all

I have placed the bet as detailed below. Once again I had to open a new account because the Welsh game was priced on Ladbrokes but not Stan James and the Israeli game was priced on Stan James but not Laddies! This is getting well complicated now and I don''t really know what to do about it. I just think Billy spoiled us allowing any game where I could find him a price.

Anyway, I have gone with Bet365 this week and Star''s excellent selections have a potential payout of £74.26.

No.SelectionsEventEvent DateE/W TermsOddsResult
1FC Copenhagen Brondby v FC Copenhagen
(Full Time Result)
24/09/2011None10/11To Run
2Hapoel Tel-Aviv Hapoel Tel-Aviv v Hapoel Haifa
(Full Time Result)
24/09/2011None1/5To Run
3Zenit St Petersburg Zenit St Petersburg v Tomsk
(Full Time Result)
24/09/2011None1/7To Run
4CSKA Sofia CSKA Sofia v Vidima-Rakovski Sevlievo
(Full Time Result)
26/09/2011None1/25To Run
5Sheff Utd Wycombe v Sheff Utd
(Full Time Result)
24/09/2011None1/1To Run
6T.N.S. Airbus UK v T.N.S.
(Full Time Result)
24/09/2011None4/11To Run

Multiples
Bet TypeNo of BetsUnit StakeStakeTo WinReturns
6 Folds   110.0010.0064.26 

Our bet begins in Russia tomorrow when Zenit kickoff at 1pm. Then it''s off to Denmark when Copenhagen get underway at 2pm. Hapoel Tel Aviv and Sheffield Utd start at 3pm and our last Saturday game is TNS in Wales at 3:45pm. If all goes well we will have to wait until Monday eveing at 6pm for the last leg in Bulgaria.

Good luck everyone.....[:)].....

Trent left his selection on our Facebook Group

Not been able to post for two weeks now! Anyway, this week CSKA Sofia who have won all their games should have enough for lowly Rakovski in Bulgaria (A Monday night game if those are still allowed) Thanks.

It''s in the final six Trent. Hope your posting issues are resolved soon.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have placed the bet as detailed below. Once again I had to open a new account because the Welsh game was priced on Ladbrokes but not Stan James and the Israeli game was priced on Stan James but not Laddies! This is getting well complicated now and I don''t really know what to do about it. I just think Billy spoiled us allowing any game where I could find him a price.

Anyway, I have gone with Bet365 this week and Star''s excellent selections have a potential payout of £74.26.

[/quote]

nutty, as you know I did my damndest to find the most obscure games possible! And quite often there was only one firm that offered odds, and that was bwin. But I am loath to suggest you change again. From a quick trawl through some of my favourite footballing outposts it does seem that Bet365 covers quite a few of them (certainly more than Ladbroke''s or Stan James) so that may be the one to stick with. Assuming, that is, that Bet365 does also cover the major leagues.

Thanks Purple. I originally chose Stan James because I remember Billy telling me their odds were generally fairer. Ladbrokes I always trust to have the most accurate odds simply because in my horserace betting days I thought they had the very best odds compilers. Today I chose 365 when I had to change because their odds looked the fairest for the games in the final six. Paddypower went 1/40 about CSKA!!!

Conference South for me this week:-

Chelmsford City vs Boreham Wood - Home win.

Good luck all PUP''s

Apologies for how late I am this week - a combination of many things, all too tedious to bother typing - I''ll go for Schalke v Fortuna Koln - Home win - should be a cert because they are no longer taking bets on Paddy Power for a home win!!!

Good luck all - Muddy

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Apologies for how late I am this week - a combination of many things, all too tedious to bother typing - I''ll go for Schalke v Fortuna Koln - Home win - should be a cert because they are no longer taking bets on Paddy Power for a home win!!! Good luck all - Muddy[/quote]

Muddy, I know you are a good supporter on here and I hope you will take my comment in the manner it is intended on a point of order. Your selection was posted after Schalke had already scored their opening goal. I''m sure you weren''t aware of that but we have many new posters participating on this thread and I think it important that we maintain the integrity of the thread, otherwise Nutty could be placed in a position of choosing when to make allowances.

My poor run continues, Huddersfield conceded 2 in the last 5 minutes to draw 2-2 with bottom of the table Leyton Orient! [:@] Looks like another side from Yorkshire let us all down too. [:(] Unlucky.

Hudd cost me in my own acca this weekend.  Also my optomistic punt on Athletico Madrid seems to be going pear shaped...  At least Real Madrid won, i''m happy with my 3 from 3 so far...

Just another message to any newcomers...

The price of your selection is irrelevent.  Of course we want to win as much as possible for the academy, but it matters not if you tip something at at 10/1 or 1/10.  I''ve seen the final selections for a six fold acca, with potential returns as low at £20-£25 for a £10 stake. 

Good to see some newcomers this week, please make sure you keep making picks, (hopefully winners) throughout the season.  Nutty puts in a lot of hard work to make this thread happen, its all for a good cause, its good fun and, as far as i''m aware, we''re still the only club in the country where tha fans contribute in this way.

Cheers guys

Another unlucky result :( Just shows how hard it really is to pick 6 winners, even when choosing 6 teams that seem dead certs to win, there nearly always is that one team who messes it up.

Happy that AC Milan won though :)