Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Poor old VAUGHAN

Don''t wish to be harsh, but his career so far has been all myth and very little substance......Everton must have bit City''s hand off....

I''m devastated for him, I don''t exactly like Norwich but I really hoped he''d make a success of it with you in the PL. He must have the worst luck with injuries ever, could have been a great player if he didn''t miss so much football from the age of 16 onwards

unique, what has been myth and very little substance?

Nearly every comment I see on Vaughan is that he spends all his time injured, and would only be a good player if he hadn''t been injured....

I''m no good at working out what injury players have, but i think it was his Knee, which he has injured before i think?

Something that i saw mentioned before, was that most of his injuries are different, he doesn''t have one re-accuring injury as such, but a few different ones. IF thats true, then he''s just extremely unlucky really. And i hope he recovers soon, as he looks like he could be half decent and offers something different.

Really gutted for him, let''s hope it''s not his knee. His desire and enthusiasm is excellent, he deserves some luck. If it''s his knee again then he may have to think about retirement whilst he''s young and re start a career I''m another industry. I really hope it doesn''t come to that though I really like the lad.

Feel really bad for him.

Whitbread was in a similar situation. Missed the best part of a season for us and some started to write him off but now he''s probably our best CB. Hopefully it''ll turn out to look worse than it is for Vaughan, but either way I still believe he will go on to be a City legend.

It looks to me that buying Vaughan was a mistake as he has dodgy knees, and to be fair many of us stated that he had a record of being injury prone and therefore it was a risky signing.  I hope he makes a quick recovery but he has a record of long absences and I fear the worst.

Looks bad and Lambert said it was locked... but the OTHER knee!Looks like he''s going to be one of those who only does light training and come on as a sub now and then.I''m more convinced than ever that we should have got another striker in and will have to do so in January.

Well he was always a gamble but at least it''s not the same injury. Must be so gutting for him, he has obvious talent and would be huge for us if we could keep him fit. It looked like a bad one though that would keep him out for months.

Hope he can follow Whitbread''s example, so many knockbacks and keep coming back - he''s not far away from the first team now.

he has great team mates and our full support so there''s no reason why not he cant battle through this again. as people said its not a re-occurrence of a past injury (i hope) he was crying when he came off the pitch, im generally feeling down for him, even though we won. never seen someone so gutted before, he was literally devastated :/

Vaughan''s reaction spoke volumes. That''s it for the season I reckon, after rehabilitation. Unfortunate to the least, but that''s the risk we took I suppose.

The myth is that Vaughan is/could be/will be a ''great player'', The guy has started fewer than 50 games over the past six seasons, and I would say that seldom has a reputation been built with such relatively little evidence.....

He was always going to be a massive gamble for £2.5m, I just hope Norwich aren''t going to be proven the fall guys in a massive transfer sting.....

Early evidence isn''t very encouraging.

[quote user="unique"]Don''t wish to be harsh, but his career so far has been all myth and very little substance......Everton must have bit City''s hand off....[/quote]

Well that is being a bit harsh really because Vaughan played quite a lot of football for Palace last season, scored a few goals and generally impressed. Which obviously would have played a big part in us being interested in him.

He''s had his injury problems in the past too and I''m sure he''ll pick up a few more in the years to come but my gut feeling is that the guy is going to be a good player for Norwich and money well spent.

Watched it back and it was totally innocuous how the injury occurred. So unlucky, but he will be back and stronger. I''ve seen enough to be convinced he will be a big asset for us.

Gotta love the Pinkun writer who did the report on that and described it as a ''suspected'' knee injury.

What does he think? That Vaughan didn''t fancy playing anymore and couldn''t wait to get back down Nando''s?

[quote user="Harry"]He''s having a scan tomorrow.[/quote]

Harry, James Vaughan knows if he''s hurt his knee. The scan will tell us what''s wrong with it.

I saw him come out of the ground last night on crutches with his leg in a brace and looking in lots of pain. didnt look good

Feel real sorry for the lad, if he could stay fit he would be great for us, but I don''t think its gonna happen.

From a plus point of view, I think it means we will stick with one up front which means keeping our sort of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 which I absolutely think is our best formation in this league... Which I have been saying for ages! We''ve played it for 2 matches and won both. Absolutely goes to show our best players are in midfield, not up front.

Absolutely gutted for Vaughan. He clearly isn''t content with just

sitting on the bench and he seems to have worked incredibly hard to get

back to fitness to get in the side. It''s  a shame because i think he has

the ability to be a very good player. I think i feel worse for him

because you could clearly see how frustrated he was, he knew he was

gonna be out for a while and its such an unfortunate thing to happen to a

player so desperate to prove himself.

I think we all can share in vaughan''s anguish. It was celar he devastated when he had to leave the field. He knew when he was with the physios before coming off.

Now we just see what the scan is and cocentrate on the rehab even if it is not as bad as it may be. He has signed a long term contract and I hope that the desire he has shown can still be channeled for this time away from first team action.

Felt he was very unlucky not to start against bolton but lets hope today we, and more importantly James, have good news.

I was at Selhurst park last year for this away 0-0 with palace and far as I remember James come as sub for them first match after Everton agree loan deal but I belive that now he look a bit heavy than year before who not help his knee at all.

[quote user="paul moy"]It looks to me that buying Vaughan was a mistake as he has dodgy knees, and to be fair many of us stated that he had a record of being injury prone and therefore it was a risky signing.  I hope he makes a quick recovery but he has a record of long absences and I fear the worst.[/quote]I agree...I fear the worst too, not exactly money well spent is it?

All you guys being snarky should remember that we are talking about a young guy who was obviously devastated by getting another injury. How about we try and support him rather than calling him a waste of money. I mean honestly how many great players have we had that have suffered bad injuries? How many of you were calling to release Whitbread halfway through last season?

unique, thats what you do with youngsters. You don''t base their potential on 100s of appearances, you base it on a few performances. Wayne Rooney was being billed as the next big thing after his goal for Everton against Arsenal, people didn''t wait 3 years to see if he was any good.

When a player hasn''t played much, you can only base your opinion on what he has played and on reputation, and apart from injuries Vaughan has a great reputation (was going to be better than Rooney, claims like that don''t often come to pass, but they normally mean the player is fairly good) and as has been said he played well enough in a poor Palace team last season.

Lets just hope this isn''t a major injury, although the look on his face wasn''t promising.

I''m afraid he''s gonna be out for the season. I feel for the lad too, but the harsh reality is when you buy a player you want him to play. Snarky? Well , if you wanna stay up, you need your signings to play don''t ya... Well I think the other signings are doing great, so that''s some comfort.

[quote user="paul moy"]It looks to me that buying Vaughan was a mistake as he has dodgy knees, and to be fair many of us stated that he had a record of being injury prone and therefore it was a risky signing.  I hope he makes a quick recovery but he has a record of long absences and I fear the worst.[/quote]

Great post from Paul Moy. You can just see him at his computer, desperately trying not to type C, O, D or Y...