Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

I love Fox.

thought he was superb last night. I honestly don''t remember him giving away the ball once (though im sure he must have done!).....he reminds me a lot of Xabi Alonso, remember a lot of people telling me Alonso was a nothing footballer and that Gerrard carried Liverpool...well look what happened when Alonso left for Real......Liverpool divebombed.IMHO Fox should be one of the first names on the team sheet along with Tierney.

I totally agree...we work so much better with fox in the team as what he does no one else in the team can do. I''d even go as far as saying he''s more important to us in the prem than Wes...but why not continue to play them both?

I only saw Crook in the twilight of his career but we haven''t had a player with such control and style since. If Fox can keep developing then there is no upper bound on his play.

Entirely agree, although I''m sure I''m not the only one for whom this comes as no surprise... I thought he was the lynchpin last season too, and was surprised to see him sitting on the bench in so many of our early games this season.

As much as I love the diamond, I really feel this 4-2-3-1 formation is working wonders for us, and our entire midfield is absolute class, including Johnson (who was likened to a s h i t Andy Hughes by one Leeds fan I know).

Time to start the Fox For England bandwagon rolling? [;)]

from the title i assumed it was you that started this thread WLTFO!

another excellent performance from him last night - we need him in the team for the long passes, set pieces (i actually thought they were a little off last night compared to his usual high standard), and the claming presence he provides in the middle. 

whoever is picked to play centre back must be delighted to see him in the team.  it''s testament to how good he is that he''s keeping Crofts on the bench

Haha. I do try and keep my posts about Fox to a minimum these days. I think it''s bordering on an obsession. I''m starting to think this must be how Kathy feels about Holt.

I was thinking about favourite players last night. I decided that it has to be Tierney for me - I love his passionate attitude.

Agreed. He was my MOTM last night. His distribution and eye for a pass is something we haven''t had for a while. There was one 50 yard crossfield ball from right to left that had me drooling.

We’re not going to win on Saturday but I think we’re going to play well. Key man will be Fox: the ability to create something out of nothing with a pass may be the best we can hope for again ManU. I just hope we have the composure to finish it off (there were 2 very poor finishes last night, one of them was Wes who looked a little nervous at the start).

Together with Johnson he''s been great in central midfield. No chance of him being dropped, surely our best passer of the ball!

[quote user="Canarino"]I was thinking about favourite players last night. I decided that it has to be Tierney for me - I love his passionate attitude.[/quote]Well Tierney is one of my favourites too, he''s been absolutely class and was my MoM yesterday. Again they couldn''t create anything down their right-hand side! Hell put his head in !

[quote user="Fellas"]I only saw Crook in the twilight of his career but we haven''t had a player with such control and style since. If Fox can keep developing then there is no upper bound on his play.[/quote]That''s not a bad comparison - and I think Crook was going nowhere in Spurs reserves (as was Bowen?) just as Fox wasn''t doing a lot at Colchester.  I think Fox might smoke a bit less though.