Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

We will get good chances at Old Trafford

...we just have to take them and be clinical. I read this stat the other day "Manchester United have allowed their opponents more shots on target than any other team in the Premier League."If you are watching their game vs Basel tonight, although they appear to have a convincing lead Basel have had 2 or 3 very good chances which could have easily been goals. At time United''s back four has been all over the place. I believe with (depending who plays) Wes, Pilks, Bennett, Fox etc we have enough there to create us some chances on Saturday. Believe!

Good points EC, too many on here are pessimistic fuddy duddies, talking out of their backsides.

Let''s be positive, we know we''ve got a good team and manager - MU have been beaten at home on occasion and often by an unexpected side. Why shouldn''t it be us?

I''m going with a friend who is a Man U fan.

Yes we''ll get chances but I have the feeling they will too !

The most important thing for me is that we don''t show them too much respect and have a real go at them.  As long as we have the right attitude I don''t care about the result for this one.  Mind you, an upset would be nice...

My take on Saturdays visit to Old Traford is that we can play with no pressure cause we''ll probably lose!

But I think if we play at our best and have a real desire to have a go then Man U will have to play well to beat us!

I''m sure we''ll get chances and its not impossible we can avoid defeat!

[quote user="211203"]

As long as we have the right attitude I don''t care about the result for this one.  Mind you, an upset would be nice...

[/quote]

Would Lambert say to his players ''I don''t care about the result for this one''? I hope not.

Is it not the duty of fans to care about every result? Just because it''s MU are we supposed to say - ''oh, you''re Manchester United, you can have this one because you''ve Manchester United'' ?

I feel strongly that we have to compete with every team on an equal footing, however ''big'' they are.

Roll on Saturday.

Completely agree, although European football is slightly different.  Tonight''s game could easily be 6-6.  We will create some chances, the important thing is that we take them, and also that we prevent Man U getting in behind us.  Some of their approach play tonight has been scintillating.

Aaghh............................ I can''t stand it - ''possible we could avoid defeat''......''we''ll probably lose''............''don''t care about the result of this one''....................

Guys, we''ve got a good team and a good manager!

Dont'' be overawed by them, they are human like the rest of us (well most of us).........................I''m going for lie down.

Roll on Saturday.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great, now we have to play them when they''re all p*ssed off and with a point to prove.

[/quote]

They are going to be as nervous as hell if we attack them with two wingers. Ferdinand looks well dodgy tonight.

I''m not. Someone was worried about backlash from Bolton but they had serious jitters. Man Eunuch-ted will be without Rooney and Chicharito, they tied Stoke and now Basel (said quickly in high pitched Sybil Fawlty voice) AND they are still stinging from our last encounter when they got dominated. We have a 2 game win streak so momentum is on our side, too.

Tear it up, City!

[quote user="paul moy"]United are getting a battering from Basle''s wing play..... now 2-2  ... I hope that Lambert takes note !!!![/quote]

I haven''t seen the Basel goals from last night so I don''t know which side of the pitch they came from but I am convinced you can get at Patrice Evra. He is still very decent getting forward but defensively he looks shaky to me. If Lambert does decide to be a little more defensive and lose one of the wingers then I hope it is not Elliot Bennett.

We beat them last time in the Prem,why not again? Like someone said ,don''t show them too much respect . . . we''re in the Prem for a reason & that is we''ve earned it & good enough to be there.We must believe that we can take points from anybody or what is the point?

The worst result possible for us. The wake up call we didn''t want them to receive.

Ferguson also quoted ''hopefully'' when asked if Rooney and Hernandez would be back for the weekend although he definitely ruled Smalling and Vidic out.

I''m not sure if both will be out Houston canary. i imagine they would rest rooney if he is only just fit.

i put £10 on manchester to draw when they went 3-2 down, fergie time always allows for a draw or win. And it could have been a win but the ball went a fraction wide on a cross. So i''m glad they drew! an easy £40.

I''m in no doubt they will get quite a few good oportunities against us, hope ruddy'' continues his good form. Would love to take a point, think thats probably the best we could hope for from old trafford as you won''t be playing against just another 11. Youre playing the officials, 60 odd thousand fanc and fergie.

dun dun dun (in cliffhanger type music)

Manure haven''t lost at home for 18 months. If we are bold we can ruin that record for them bearing in mind their weakened playing resources.

I would guess the odds against FC Basel getting anything from Old Trafford last night, were about the same as the odds against us will be on Saturday.They did it. Why shouldn''t we do it too?

Yes it''ll be an incredibly tough game on Saturday, but they are beatable. They have some key players out and will be low on confidence after drawing with Stoke and Basel recently and they are away at Liverpool after us, so may want to rest players who aren''t 100% fit so they are OK for their big game at Anfield. We have been their bogey side in the past and won at OT plenty of times before, so why can''t we take anything from them on Saturday? We have nothing to lose!