Sign in to follow this  
Sasco

Lambert's worst signing ?

Inspired of course by the "Lambert''s best signing" thread. It would be good if someone could post the full list of signings made by Lambert since he joined. However, perhaps Vaughan already ranks as Lambert''s worst or maybe most mis-judged signing purely on the basis of the high injury risk. On the other hand, signings such as MacNamee and Oli Johnson appear in retrospect to smack of "short-termism".

Stephen Elliott, didn''t understand what he was supposed to offer to the team at the time, was certainly no better than Cody Mac or Oli Johnson.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Stephen Elliott, didn''t understand what he was supposed to offer to the team at the time, was certainly no better than Cody Mac or Oli Johnson. [/quote]

Blimey, I had already forgotten Elliott.

Fraser Forster

Russell Martin

Anthony McNamee

Zak Whitbread

Michael Rose

Stephen Elliott

David Stephens

Elliot Ward

Andrew Surman

Steve Smith

John Ruddy

Simeon Jackson

David Fox

Andrew Crofts

Leon Barnett

Henri Lansbury

Aaron Wilbraham

Marc Tierney

Rob Edwards

Sam Vokes

Dani Pacheco

James Vaughan

Anthony Pilkington

Kyle Naughton

Steve Morison

Bradley Johnson

Elliott Bennett

Richie De Laet

Daniel Ayala

I know I''ll get stick from some quarters here but I''m saying Wilbraham. His injury when it happened was a blessing as it forced Lamberts hand to go and get Vokes and Pacheco whom provided the extra quality to see us over the line.

Not good enough for the championship and remarkable that any premier league team would have him on their books

The signings of Oli Johnson & Anthony McNamee were only short-term because of the meteoric rise of the club that they played a part in so in that regard they contributed to the long-term success of the club.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The signings of Oli Johnson & Anthony McNamee were only short-term because of the meteoric rise of the club that they played a part in so in that regard they contributed to the long-term success of the club.[/quote]

Correct, cannot be classed as poor signings if we were still a League one club they would be star players. Same goes for Michael Rose, Steve Elliot etc

[quote user="lincoln canary"]le fudge? No we cant blame Lambert for that one.[/quote]Until you admit that you were wrong, then you remain a lying scumbag. A lying scumbag who doesn''t know anything about football and wants to see Tierney dropped, I must add.

It''s hard to pick a bad one out of that list, all played a part in our success.  I didn''t rate MacNamee, but he did do some important things.  Out of those it''d have to be Steven Smith wouldn''t it?

I belive James Vaughan was big gamble with all this history 6 years with many injurys.

If scan confirm that he damaged his ligaments I think is too much for him that all repeat again and again and he never will come back strong enough.

We pay 2 milion +so if all this happen can be worst sjudgment so far from PL.

Hope all to be ok with the boy but at moment look bad situation.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It''s hard to pick a bad one out of that list, all played a part in our success.  I didn''t rate MacNamee, but he did do some important things.  Out of those it''d have to be Steven Smith wouldn''t it?[/quote]

100% my view on the list too.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Stephen Elliott, didn''t understand what he was supposed to offer to the team at the time, was certainly no better than Cody Mac or Oli Johnson.
[/quote]

Although he was reasonably forgetable i am sure he scored a couple for us.

Steven Smith did bugger-all.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="LeJuge"]Stephen Elliott, didn''t understand what he was supposed to offer to the team at the time, was certainly no better than Cody Mac or Oli Johnson. [/quote]

Although he was reasonably forgetable i am sure he scored a couple for us.

Steven Smith did bugger-all.

[/quote]He did, two important goals at Huddersfield.

I think both Oli and mcNamee did their part at the time. McNamee did a good job as an impact sub and I clearly remember the two goals Oli scored against Southend to allow us to win when 0-1 down. 

Stephen Smith gets my vote (especially when he was holding us to ransom over his new Prem League wages).

In the context of where we were and are now he actually has not made a bad one. Some have been short term but even these eg Elliott and johnson scored some vital goals that got us points when they were needed

The value of our current squad must have doubled since we got promoted as well so good business not just results

All of his signings have played their part at some point in their time with us, perhaps with the exception of Smith. With regard to the De Laet comment, if you operate a blame culture then that comment may have some credence, fortunately for us Paul Lambert has more knowldge about the game of football at the highest level than all of us put together, and he will decide if De Laet stays or goes. As an aside Grant Holt has figured very little in the last two games (both of which we won), anybody suggesting we should get rid?......

Almost every player Lambert has signed has contributed in some way even if they ultimately were not successful . Elliott got a double at Huddersfield like some have said and who can forget Oli Johnson bagging the winner against Southend. I remember McNamee playing a big hand in the win over Swansea at home and other cameos like the away game at Watford. I think the only one who springs to mind as having contributed absolutely nothing is Steven Smith. I will reserve judgement on Vaughan. These injuries are really starting to get concerning. But I remember Whitbread being described as a complete write off (myself included) but he came good at the business end of last season and was a massive part in us gaining promotion.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]All of his signings have played their part at some point in their time with us, perhaps with the exception of Smith. With regard to the De Laet comment, if you operate a blame culture then that comment may have some credence, fortunately for us Paul Lambert has more knowldge about the game of football at the highest level than all of us put together, and he will decide if De Laet stays or goes. As an aside Grant Holt has figured very little in the last two games (both of which we won), anybody suggesting we should get rid?......[/quote]

I''ve stated in previous posts that Holty will struggle to compete at this level, he''s a great player but simply not Premier standard. Morison on the other hand I feel will bag more goals for us this season up front!

I honestly see Holt requesting a transfer if he''s not given many games by January and there will be a long queue of Championship teams wanting him!

Stephen Elliott, but I fear it''s going to be Vaughan. I think a lot of managers would never have spent money on a player that is injury prone like him... but we''ll see what happens, too early to judge yet.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

De Laet....guy is a bloody liability and we''ve won both games he hasn''t played in!

SEND HIM BACK LAMBERT!

[/quote]load of cobblers mate, he saved us at Wigan and he''s not a bad defender. You''re just judging him on a few errors, sorry even the best players make mistakes

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

Stephen Elliott, but I fear it''s going to be Vaughan. I think a lot of managers would never have spent money on a player that is injury prone like him... but we''ll see what happens, too early to judge yet.

[/quote]

"Norwich City striker James Vaughan has reportedly been ruled out until the New Year with the knee injury suffered in the club’s televised Premier League win over Sunderland."