Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

January Transfer Window

As things are at the moment do you think we need to strengthen in the transfer window, we are doing well at the moment and we still have Ayala, Ward and Whitbread to come back. With Vaughan out that leaves us with Morison, Holt, Jackson, Martin and Wilbraham as striking options, Do you think we need extra quality anywhere? My only concern is we seem to be playing well with wingers, do we have enough depth to cover us in Pilkington or Bennett gets injured?

If we''re in that mid table position - 5-10 pts clear of relegation spots i would like to see what ever money lambert has left to loan a top striker from a side where he isn''t getting in for whatever reason..tevez ;)

So rather than paying x million for signature - just sign someone who can get 10+ goals in the final half of the season for us, to get us over the line of safety. A bit like spurs signing adebayor (i''m not suggesting we could afford someone like that but that idea)

I think it''s important that we freshen up with new ideas even if we''re doing well. You always need a plan B, as Blackpool, Reading, Burnley and Hull amongst others found out the hard way. I''d want quality in-form players in rather than big names along with maybe a loanee chomping at the bit for first team football (would have to come from abroad as we''ve used our quota).

Basically, the loanee would give us a marquee option if what we had ran dry and a couple of wide players/ strikers would add bulk to our options.

Add to that any cover that might be needed for injuries etc and i''ll be a happy man

I think that we could well need another striker. Given Vaughan''s injury record, the fact that PL does not seem to want to play either Jackson or Wilbraham, and we do not know if Holt will make the grade, what''s left is Morison and Martin (C), plus someone converted (Pilington, Bennett?)

I would like to see him find a striker with sufficient firepower to score from outside the area, like some opponents this season. (Bradley is off target, and so is Foxy.) We seem to lack someone who can hit it hard from distance into the top corner. The result is that most of our goals are scored from relatively close in, and we have to work the ball there first.)

I am not too worried about cover for Pilkington and Bennett. We have Surman and Korey, and even one or two youngsters, and we would have to pay very good money to sover P & B, only to have them sitting on the bench. The striker seems more urgent.

We have cover in the midifield - Crofts is hardly playing, and there is Korey and even Lappin.

We should eventually have enough CBs, and one or two could cover for Naughton and Tierney.

All this could change, of course, if between now and January someone sustained an injury which takes him out for months rather than weeks.

I would like to see us going in for Nicky Maynard and maybe a winger. Not too many new additions but anyone who would enhance the quality of the squad. No point buying players for the sake of it.

[quote user="Hannibal"]I would like to see us going in for Nicky Maynard and maybe a winger. Not too many new additions but anyone who would enhance the quality of the squad. No point buying players for the sake of it.[/quote]Agree 100% Nicky Maynard would be a great signing.

We will need some injection in January even if it is only a couple of players. I cannot see us in the clear and we know from the blackpool experience that things can turn for the worse very quickly. I think we are short on strikers who will realistically make a difference. I think a lot was hoped for in respect of Vaughan and it looks as if we will see little of him this season. will holt, Morison and Jackson score enough goals between them? very debateable and should we lose one of those two then wewould be in a muddle.

If people are saying maynard and he was valued at 6 million, then another 6 million pound valued striker was supposably Carlton Cole. I''m not saying he would be on my wish list but depending where West Ham, Carlton Cole may be a player with a point to prove. But I can''t see us paying that type of money in january.

Probably why I think unfortunately gonig to the championship would become very expensive and inflated valuations (as we saw with snodgrass, could be the end of that)

I do think a striker will be needed and I maybe a steady head in the centre of midfield. I believe we need that replacement on the bench to have the experience to help us hang on to a lead and calm the situation down.

Lambert did speak with old colleagues in Europe, could well look to Europe, Doubt there will be any strikers moving around from within the prem.

Midfield I think we could look at picking someone up, but I think it is not a priority but a level headed experienced player would be ideal.

I think as always it comes down to injuries and who wants to buy into Lamberts ethos. There may be no-one coming in, but I would hope we understand that your style of play has to change half way through the season to pick up points.

[quote user="Hannibal"]I would like to see us going in for Nicky Maynard and maybe a winger. Not too many new additions but anyone who would enhance the quality of the squad. No point buying players for the sake of it.[/quote]

This. A lot depends on how we are doing in the league, its also worth keeping in mind that we have potentially a very tough last few games so we may need a player or two who can help us ensure we don''t drop too many points in games we should be winning.

Yeah I think that experienced head that can help see out games is vital for this team. In midfield or central defence would be brilliant. But again who that is and whether he will be available will be the thing.

But those type of players to come in for the last 20-15 minutes are vital certainly in this division.

i have already picked my targets that i would want to sign(because im really cool ), although i do not know how much money Lambert has got to use so i don''t know if they sound reasonable but here we go:

centre backs - Philippe Senderos - fulham - he seems out of favour under martin jol at fulham, could give us more experience at the back and a bit more height.

thomas rogne - celtic - he is a young, tall, strong, fast norwegian international who would be perfect for norwich, he has made a good 20 appearances for celtic and maybe with lamberts relationship with the club he could have an advantage over other clubs that are interested.

strikers - lewandowski - borussia dortmund - he is a fast reasonable tall striker with an incredible finish, with dortmund doing terrible in their league he maybe looking for an exit strategy but i highly doubt it would be norwich tbh.

creativity - wingers - junior hoillett - blackburn - he is in his final year at blackburn and they maybe willing to sell in january for a cut price

victor moses - wigan - again he is in his final year and in my opinion amazing, both the wingers i listed can play either side and in the hole so they are what we need for creativity.

The trouble is, panic buying tends to inflate transfer fees to crazy levels in the January window. A half-season loan is often the best option in January, but we already have two players on full-season deals, so we can''t take any more, can we?

I''d take Carlton Cole at Norwich, he''s a good player. He''s probably on decent money though, and West Ham will probs be looking like they are on their way back up by January. I think he''d score a few if we bought him though. Decent all-round striker.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d take Carlton Cole at Norwich, he''s a good player. He''s probably on decent money though, and West Ham will probs be looking like they are on their way back up by January. I think he''d score a few if we bought him though. Decent all-round striker.[/quote]

I agree. I think he''d be a good signing.

Has always seemed to suffer from inconsistency but I think Lambert would get him playing well regularly.

However, his wages are likely to be pretty substantial. I''d be surprised if he''s on less than £40k p/w.

To many of you, who reacted...sorry to say "dream on" we''re not going to get any of these players. Lewandowski for example is being followed by other top German sides. We can''t bring anybody in on loan anymore and I''m afraid we''ll need to splash out, but I don''t think we have enough in the kitty, for many players...

Maybe one signing...

I thought Pl was running a rule over Lukas Jutkiewicz for Coventry against Ipswich last week,with an intended bid in January. Has anyone seen him play?

[quote user="Jarrolder"]I thought Pl was running a rule over Lukas Jutkiewicz for Coventry against Ipswich last week,with an intended bid in January. Has anyone seen him play?[/quote]

Yup, other half is a big Cov fan.

He''s a bit of a talisman over at the Ricoh though so maybe difficult to prise him.

Theres no doubt the lad has ability Big, strong and quick. Usually in the right place at the right time aswell.

Premier League standard? Jurys out.

[quote user="J.Warman"]i have already picked my targets that i would want to sign(because im really cool ), although i do not know how much money Lambert has got to use so i don''t know if they sound reasonable but here we go:

centre backs - Philippe Senderos - fulham - he seems out of favour under martin jol at fulham, could give us more experience at the back and a bit more height.

thomas rogne - celtic - he is a young, tall, strong, fast norwegian international who would be perfect for norwich, he has made a good 20 appearances for celtic and maybe with lamberts relationship with the club he could have an advantage over other clubs that are interested.

strikers - lewandowski - borussia dortmund - he is a fast reasonable tall striker with an incredible finish, with dortmund doing terrible in their league he maybe looking for an exit strategy but i highly doubt it would be norwich tbh.

creativity - wingers - junior hoillett - blackburn - he is in his final year at blackburn and they maybe willing to sell in january for a cut price

victor moses - wigan - again he is in his final year and in my opinion amazing, both the wingers i listed can play either side and in the hole so they are what we need for creativity.[/quote]I think some of your targets are way beyond the realm of little old Norwich. Do you seriously think that we would have a chance of signing Holliet? They are talking about him signing a deal at Blackburn with an £18m release clause, that''s higher than the one given to Phil Jones. If he refuses to sign a contract at Blackburn they are still entitled to compensation, set by a tribunal, because he has been offered a deal equal or higher than his existing deal (most likely). They aren''t exactly going to to give him to us for half a million quid, and he will be joining the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd if he goes anywhere.Victor Moses is not in the last year of his deal, he has two years to run on his current deal, Wigan have just offered to extend it. Lewandowski isn''t going to leave the current champions of the German league to play in a relegation battle in England just because they have had a shakey start to their season. That would be like Van Persie signing for Norwich because Arsenal have had a bad start. Never head of Rogne. The only one that I think is the slightest bit realistic is Senderos, but to say that he is out of favour under Jol is a bit weird, because he played 3 times all season last year under Mark Hughes, and yet has played 7 games for Fulham so far this season. So out of 10 appearances for Fulham in 15 months at the club, 7 have come under Jol in the past month and a half...... Jol seems to have reserected his career, contrary to leaving him out in the cold!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="J.Warman"]i have already picked my targets that i would want to sign(because im really cool ), although i do not know how much money Lambert has got to use so i don''t know if they sound reasonable but here we go:

victor moses - wigan - again he is in his final year and in my opinion amazing, both the wingers i listed can play either side and in the hole so they are what we need for creativity.[/quote]I think some of your targets are way beyond the realm of little old Norwich. Do you seriously think that we would have a chance of signing Holliet? They are talking about him signing a deal at Blackburn with an £18m release clause, that''s higher than the one given to Phil Jones. If he refuses to sign a contract at Blackburn they are still entitled to compensation, set by a tribunal, because he has been offered a deal equal or higher than his existing deal (most likely). They aren''t exactly going to to give him to us for half a million quid, and he will be joining the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd if he goes anywhere.Victor Moses is not in the last year of his deal, he has two years to run on his current deal, Wigan have just offered to extend it. Lewandowski isn''t going to leave the current champions of the German league to play in a relegation battle in England just because they have had a shakey start to their season. That would be like Van Persie signing for Norwich because Arsenal have had a bad start. Never head of Rogne. The only one that I think is the slightest bit realistic is Senderos, but to say that he is out of favour under Jol is a bit weird, because he played 3 times all season last year under Mark Hughes, and yet has played 7 games for Fulham so far this season. So out of 10 appearances for Fulham in 15 months at the club, 7 have come under Jol in the past month and a half...... Jol seems to have reserected his career, contrary to leaving him out in the cold![/quote]It looks like Senderos was out for a whole season after tearing his achilles. But he played for the 8th time tonight in Fulhams win away at Odense, so definitely not out of favour under Jol. That was their first win in 8 games.

[quote user="Jarrolder"]I thought Pl was running a rule over Lukas Jutkiewicz for Coventry against Ipswich last week,with an intended bid in January. Has anyone seen him play?[/quote]

Too similar to Holt and Morison, we need a poacher IMO. The lad can''t take Penalties either, put one about 10ft over the bar in the 90th min of their 1-1 draw against Millwall last Saturday.