Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Fancy us @ 20/1 on saturday?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/manchester-united-v-norwich/winner

Best priced @ 20/1 with Stan James bookies at the moment.

Odds vary between 12/1 & 20/1.

Actually, looking at that, we seem to be attracting more bets (in blue) than Man U at the moment.

Might be worth a pound or two, at 20/1.

Having watched United get the run around by Basle last night - if sir Alex plays the same team I would fancy our chances but just can''t see him taking chances with us.

Mind you a few quid on an away win with a couple of quid as a saver on the draw might be interesting. - After all both of us have drawn with Stoke who got hammered by Sunderland who in turn got beat by us ... current form suggests this is a good bet [8-)][*-)]

That''s why i posted the Oddschecker Link, Butterbean, to save people from taking 6/1, when they can get 15/2, although the odds can fluctuate, up and down.

At the moment, Stan James are best at 20/1 a win, 15/2 a draw.

Check the Link below

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/manchester-united-v-norwich/winner

Norwich or the draw is 9/2 on Stan James Butterbean. I did wonder about a small bet on that because I''d be gutted if I bet the draw and we actually managed the upset!!

Realistically these big prices are available for a reason. Man U home defeats against newly promoted teams are as rare as hens teeth!! But we can dream and sometimes he who dreams  wins[;)]

No bookies are as low as 9/2 the draw Nutty! Check the Oddschecker ffs. 15/2 is best odds for the draw, at Stan James.

If someone could do an automatic Link, it would be appreciated.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Norwich or the draw is 9/2 on Stan James Butterbean. I did wonder about a small bet on that because I''d be gutted if I bet the draw and we actually managed the upset!!

Realistically these big prices are available for a reason. Man U home defeats against newly promoted teams are as rare as hens teeth!! But we can dream and sometimes he who dreams  wins[;)]

[/quote]

Read what I put before you ffs me George[:|]

If that''s bigger elsewhere then it would be helpful if you posted where.

i think it''s def worth a cheeky fiver, at those odds why not? We may be miles apart in terms of size and stature but we''re in the same league and not unbeatable. The way I see it is, having gone 40 odd games unbeaten at home, that run has to end sooner or later and I think it''s more likely to be against a weaker side where they let their guard down thinking all they have to do is turn up and theyll get the points. I''m off to place my bet and hope a few of you do to, as Norwich fans it''s our job to be believe we can win, however slim the chances are.

No chance. Man U will have a rocket up their arses, plus it''s Old Trafford where you play at least 12 men (sometimes all 14).   We''ll lose 3 or 4-0, much as I hate to say it.

City have quite a good record when it comes to upsetting Man Utd... plus the occasional hammering of course.Not a betting man myself but I wouldn''t be surprised if we upset the odds on the day.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If it''s 20/1 for the win and 6/1 for the draw, then surely you would put £1 on the win, and £1 on the draw, instead of putting £1 on win or draw at 9/2?

I''m not a betting man, but surely you would get £4.50 back for your £1 if we win or draw at 9/2, rather than either £6 or £20 back for your £1. That would surely make it more sensible to stick £1 on both win and draw, rather than £2 on win or draw?

Personally I wouldn''t bet on either win or draw, because I would consider it easy money for the bookies, I prefer bets that are dead certs!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If it''s 20/1 for the win and 6/1 for the draw, then surely you would put £1 on the win, and £1 on the draw, instead of putting £1 on win or draw at 9/2?

I''m not a betting man, but surely you would get £4.50 back for your £1 if we win or draw at 9/2, rather than either £6 or £20 back for your £1. That would surely make it more sensible to stick £1 on both win and draw, rather than £2 on win or draw?

Personally I wouldn''t bet on either win or draw, because I would consider it easy money for the bookies, I prefer bets that are dead certs!

[/quote]You''d get £7 or £21 back but for a £2 bet if you have to back both options as individual.Effectively making the draw 3.5/1 (bet £2, get £7 back) and the win 10.5/1.  On that basis, I see the logic in the 9/2 odds. (£5.50 returned on £1)Still, if you bet with your heart and not your head, you''ll lose it all.  I hope someone reposts this in bold and calls me a c*nt in the process when we''ve got a point or more at 5pm on Saturday, but we won''t get anything from Old Trafford.

If you look at the Link above, you will see that Stan James offer the best odds for a win for us at 20/1.

William Hill offer the worst odds for a win for us at 11/1.

Stan James also offer the best odds for a draw at 15/2

Other bookies offer as low as 11/2.

I don''t think we''ll win or draw either, personally, but if you must have a bet, always have a look on Oddschecker, to find your best odds.

I put a few looooong odds bets on - if we win 1-2 I stand to win £310 on 4 bets totalling a £10''er.

prob thrown it in the bin but worth a long shot!

I think its highly unlikely we''ll get a result, but i''m gonna have a couple of correct score bets in our favour...

1-0 - 50/1

2-0 -90/1 (seems familiar)

2-1 -45/1

3-1 -90/1

3-2 - 70/1

10-0 500/1

Whatever the result, hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves.  Good luck everyone...

If had a spare quid to bet I''d go for Elliott Bennett to score at any time. Probably more likely to see a return than City winning.

4 bookies have Elliott Bennett at 9/1 to score at any time, Tim. Seems a sporting bet. Link below.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/manchester-united-v-norwich/anytime-goalscorer

Well I checked on your link George and found out that Stan James price of 9/2 for Norwich to win or draw is in fact the best price available, ffs, lol!

[;)]

Ah ffs, i see what you mean now Nutty, lol. Sorry mate.

So, £2 on Norwich to win or draw is a combination bet, paying £11 @ 9/2.

Or you could have £1 for us to win @ 20/1 and £1 on us to draw @ 15/2, returning either £21 or £8.50 if either happened.