Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

If Lambert were to leave...

Who we attract as the next boss, must depend on what salary package we can offer. I doubt whether we are the best payers in the world or even in East Anglia ????. Therefore the chances of attracting someone like Martin O''Neill must be slim and for the first time in our history would he be totally popular. If we have survived our first season  in the Premiership, would we be able to attract someone like Rafa Benitez ? or would we be after Nigel Adkins or even Malky Mackay?. Speaking personally, I believe that we should do everything we can to keep Paul Lambert happy as he will be a very hard act to follow.

Would it be such a bad thing?I think he''s probably taken us as far as he can and now it''s time for some fresh blood to rejuvenate the players, who have looked a bit jaded and complacent recently.  I''m okay with him seeing this season out but after that I think we should look at someone like Arsene Wenger who will be available and looking for a club that can''t buy success in - plus he plays football in the right way and would be a good fit.

CanaryJames"]In terms of this January, and ''big clubs'', he won''t go to: Manchester United - Ferguson. Immovable. Liverpool - Dalglish. Nearly immovable, and they''d want a ''bigger name''. Ridiculous as it is. Chelsea - AVB won''t be gone by then, and again would look on the continent. Ridiculous as it is. Man City - Will definitely look for a ''bigger name''. Possibly Mourinho? Arsenal - Probably the most likely, as I''m far from convinced Wenger will be there by January. However, as incredible as it sounds, I don''t think Lambert would leave us for them right now. That''s how far we''ve progressed/they''ve fallen. Spurs - Going well with Redknapp. Can''t see that changing any time soon. Any other English side - Not worth leaving us for, in my honest opinion. We have the potential to grow into a big-ish side, and Lambert knows that.

Very true!

I don''t fully subscribe to all this "Lambert will go to a bigger club" lark!

People seem to overlook the fact that he can enhance his reputation by keeping us up and making us better. Lambert can also see that Norwich City FC is capable of being an established Premiership club playing in front of regular 30-35,000 crowds, which at present isn''t the case. Continued success with Lambert will see this happen!

I''m sure that after fully establishing the club and further enhancing his reputation, Lambert would go to a bigger club but it would only be the right club. Like Canary James says outside of the clubs he mentioned at the moment nowhere else would have the possibilities, security and chance to make himself look better than what the ongoing project that is the current Norwich City success story and growth is!   

[quote user="Harry"]Come on Tilly, you know as well as I do that Cluck would only be happy if the club was signed over lock stock and barrel free of charge to his hero Robert Chase.[/quote]

But under Chase we managed to finish 3rd, 4th and 5th in The Premiership and we had 2 FAC Semi Finals!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Harry"]Come on Tilly, you know as well as I do that Cluck would only be happy if the club was signed over lock stock and barrel free of charge to his hero Robert Chase.[/quote]

But under Chase we managed to finish 3rd, 4th and 5th in The Premiership and we had 2 FAC Semi Finals!

[/quote]

No we didn''t.*

---

*This friendly message comes to you courtesy of the PurpleCanary Correct-a-Misconception Service. Have a nice day now, y''all!!!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

That is as maybe but the minute Sky started pumping serious money into The Premiership who caused Norwich City to be left behind and when we got relegated who had us up a creek with no paddle? To compare The Premiership today with 15/16 years ago is ridiculous and you bang on about Ipswich living in the past.Get real but then that is a big ask for you and your gang hey Tangy.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

No we didn''t.*

---

*This friendly message comes to you courtesy of the PurpleCanary Correct-a-Misconception Service. Have a nice day now, y''all!!!

[/quote]

I''ll re phrase m''lud. Lol!

We finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the top tier under Chase.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

That is as maybe but the minute Sky started pumping serious money into The Premiership who caused Norwich City to be left behind and when we got relegated who had us up a creek with no paddle? To compare The Premiership today with 15/16 years ago is ridiculous and you bang on about Ipswich living in the past.Get real but then that is a big ask for you and your gang hey Tangy.

[/quote]

But you cant dispute the fact that under Chase we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the top tier and we went to 2 FA Cup Semi Finals. You can bluster all you like!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But you cant dispute the fact that under Chase we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the top tier and we went to 2 FA Cup Semi Finals. You can bluster all you like!

[/quote]

I am not disputing or blustering that this did not happen under Chase but what i will ask you Tangy is this...............just exactly where and why did it go oh so wrong well before Delia rode over the horizon?

Really do we want to be dragging all this up again when things are going so well but it is you and Cluck who keep harping back yet again in your efforts to cleanse Chase of all wrongdoing.

I liked that Robert Chase me[Y] There was a bloke who knew his football. None of this z list celebrity cook nonsense. Chase was a mans man. A go getter who thought the world of the club and it''s fans. I remember how he brought us our very own ghetto blaster for extra in match entertainment. I remember how he ensured we didn''t get bored with watching the same players by selling our favourites each season. And most of all I remember those horses he brought in to entertain us after the games. Couldn''t fault the guy me.......

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will leave the last word to you as i have an early start in the morning heading North.[/quote]

Mr. Tilson, you shouldn''t have communicated with Tangy in such an ambiguous manner. He probably thinks you''re heading to Preston.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will leave the last word to you as i have an early start in the morning heading North.[/quote]

Mr. Tilson, you shouldn''t have communicated with Tangy in such an ambiguous manner. He probably thinks you''re heading to Preston.

[/quote]

He will be if he doesn''t turn off the M6! Lol!

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Haven''t read through this thread however Malky Mackay would be perfect and long term solution me thinks for us.[/quote]

If Lambert leaves we have a big problem replacing him. Hopefully it won''t happen for a long while.

Lambert enjoys God-like status at Norwich (deservedly so), and in the event that we get relegated, he will remain and continue the long term plan to establish us in the Premier. Most clubs that would likely come for him would be near the bottom of the table and have their fair share of highly paid non-performing stars, which is what Lambert would not want to work with. Therefore he would have to want to develop his own "young, hungry" team.Why move then? For higher compensation? He seems to me to be in the Wenger mold; developing young players, who will eventually get snapped up by rich clubs. Frustrating to a point, but maybe satisfying also to create international class players from promising ones.