Sign in to follow this  
morty

Mark Lawrenson, you arse.

I have told the kids that if he belittles us, we''re going to find out where he lives, go round his house, and beat him like a ginger stepchild.

He says we were helped by Mr Webb. Didn''t mention the previous 4 matches when we were hindered by the ref. Why is he still on TV, he is hideous.

[quote user="Canarino"]He says we were helped by Mr Webb. Didn''t mention the previous 4 matches when we were hindered by the ref. Why is he still on TV, he is hideous.[/quote]He has a face I would only tire of slapping once my hands really, really hurt.

Wow, just wow. Couldnt pick up on anything good we did. And the red card.. sorry Mark but if that was Gerrard you would have been screaming blue murder. More sunday games please so then we can have dixons opinon.

I hate to say it... but I miss Claridge!! Think im going to go wash my mouth out!

You weren''t wrong!"Helped by Howard Webb" ?!?!?Ok, the Barnett challenge should have been a booking.The Tierney headbutt incident is a straight red - violent intent. How come if a guy gets headbutted "he''s making a meal of it" but throwing yourself over to get a penalty on the softest of contact is fine.The Ngog penalty is a penalty, but he''s still gone down like a tons of bricks

I have to say, I prefer Lawro to Shearer.  At least Lawro has the balls to have an opinion, however fecked up it might be... when Lineker asked Shearer how he thought Norwich had done, Shearer looked like he''d just woken up! He has clearly never seen any team other than the big 4 and Newcastle play, and just spouts the usual cliches...

Smegface told us that Grant Holt didn''t play today. Tefalman appeared shocked to be asked his opinion and Poohshorts decided that we were still a Championship side with the comment that the difference was a league.

Someone put the cocoa on for them please.

You are clutching at straws Lawrenson you to55er! The ref didn''t particularly help us. He gave Bolton a pen when they were out of the game. You tell me which Prem player wouldn''t have gone down after being headbutted, feigned or otherwise! I am glad we are at least starting to wise up to premier league antics.

As for the snide writing off of Holt. For your information he was great when he came on (and didn''t he score against your darlings Chelsea, putting Terry on his arse in the process).

Snide, smug, ill-informed tw@t Lawrenson, smirking Linaker and cardboard Shearer can get stuffed. Get rid of them for goodness sake.

How I''m going to enjoy watching them squirm on the sofa as we prove them wrong.

We won don''t care what these guys have to say go out and have a pint up the city lads.

The Three Stooges obviously haven''t a clue about us but this has been our strength for the last three years with the media.

MOD is an absolute disgrace but then it is the BBC, the pravda and pillar our society

Shearer talking of Barton tantalising the home crowd when he was signing the score to the home fans .............. tantalising !

Asked about Norwich''s chances of staying up he then waffled about those in the bottom eight all being involved. Which is not only worthless non commital toss, but ignores the fact that we are not in the bottom eight.

MOTD has slid slowly into a cosy, smug, boring, stuck in a time warp, pile of sh1te epitomised by ''jug ears'' thinking that reading out tedious puns off the autocue adds some kind of spice to this self congratulatory snooze fest. Clearly the wooden headed Shearer and wrinkly necked Lawrensen didn''t think these ''lesser lights'' (who played today) were worthy of their time and barely hid that fact tonight.

Just as Last of the Summer Wine should have packed it in after Compo snuffed it so MOTD should have blown the final whistle after Des Lynam hung up his mic. Nothing wrong with having football on the BBC, it''s where it belongs but not in this format with these tired old has beens.

ps dodgy penalty decisions - if the Blackburn keeper scything down the arsenal palyer was not a penalty how the hell were the five given against City ?

How much of the game did they show, or was it just short highlights. If so, they were probably basing their informed (!)comments on 4-5 ''incidents''. Difficult for anyone to make sense of a game based on that and so they sum up the whole game on this and revert to the most wonderfully predictable pile of poo-ridden cliches...as always. Worra Lorra Lorro......love him! I just look at MOD as alternative comedy. Lorro is the real life Alan Partridge, but with no sense of humour. Funny as hell. Don''t get angry with him - he''s a poor ignorant soul and we should just tune in for ''Saturday Night Laughs''.

Lawro is a knobber......Tierney required 450,000 butterfly stitches in his facial wound after the altercation with that chap that was sent off.....

The norty man deserved a red card and Tierney should have been shown an equity card....

Match of the Day is for men who wear mono slippers and drink cocoa and don''t like spicy foreign foodstuffs....and don''t trim their nasal hair.

The best bit was when Lawro said Swansea''s home win was the first Premier League win outside of the UK.   Senile dementia really is a terrible affliction.

On the nail City 1st.

I''ve found MOTD painful to watch over the last few seasons-this Summer it dawned on me that, with emotional involvement in the PL being re-introduced for me this season, I''d find it even more difficult to endure.

The only solution is to Sky+ it and watch the match highlights, disregarding completely anything and everything to do with the presenter and the co-hosts. That way its bearable.

Football Focus is also, regretfully, sliding down a slippery slope as well-they simply cannot show match action, goals, a feature on a player or club, without giving it the Ridley Scott treatment-crazy camera angles, sepia tones mono-syllabic graphic overlays and accompanying and unrelated musical backdrops from the producers iPod.

In both programmes the "pundits" lack of knowledge on the smaller clubs and their players is appalling. Dull, formulaic, familiar and complacent.

For all the stick that saw Andy Gray consigned to TalkSport, he at least had some knowledge of players and clubs other than the "big four".

The current lot-and yes, Lee Dixon is an exception-have clearly and obviously done no research, have no interest and, to top it all, aren''t bothered that it is so obvious that is the case.

Someone said it was amazing that F1 had such high production values compared to MOTD. BBC F1 compared to BBC MOTD is the difference between a Red Bull and Hispania...and widening.

I guess that the BBC won''t change it now as they will lose all football coverage, World Cup and Euro''s aside, when the next deal comes up for grabs-expect C5 to get Prem highlights from next year onwards.

I used to live in Lostock Hall; I never knew Lawro was close by...

MOTD desperately need a pundit or two with some knowledge of teams and players outside the big 4. Last night clearly showed the current presenters limitations!

I would rather bring back Atkinson and Gray than listen to smug crispboy(was told he once belittled us in the late 80`s on a saturday morning show),wooden shearer and wakey wakey lawro!!

The BBC should be very worried it has been muted that TV license will eventually become a thing of the past and they will have to move  subscription based viewing. When that happens i for one wont bother with the BBC, they dont produce hardly any programming of any note anymore, the sport coverage is woeful and now they are losing part of the F1. I''ll save my money rather than pay the BBC the cash which they then spend on bl**dy Eastenders miseryfest, chief execs and presenters like Jonathan Ross. Let alone the rubbish that is MOTD, they get away with that because it''s like an tradition for alot of us.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]I would rather bring back Atkinson and Gray than listen to smug crispboy(was told he once belittled us in the late 80`s on a saturday morning show),wooden shearer and wakey wakey lawro!![/quote]

A bit of casual racism and sexism will certainly liven up MOTD[:P]

Yellowbeagle, another forum and another time, but agree 100%...

Why the BBC should receive compulsory funding from the viewer when all other broadcasters have to stand on tneir own two feet is a complete anacronism and one which should be phased out ASAP.

If people want to watch garbage like Strictly (and millions do, so there should be no problem raising the money) then let the corporation compete in the real world like everyone else has to, not be bathed in an outdated compulsory tax.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Football Focus is also, regretfully, sliding down a slippery slope as well-they simply cannot show match action, goals, a feature on a player or club, without giving it the Ridley Scott treatment-crazy camera angles, sepia tones mono-syllabic graphic overlays and accompanying and unrelated musical backdrops from the producers iPod. .[/quote]LOL I am still waiting for Rick Deckard or Roy Batty to show up !

"I''ve seen things you people wouldn''t believe-Grant Holt firing home off the shoulder of JohIn Terry....I''ve watched Marc Tierney glitter in the dark near the snake pit...all those things will be lost to the Premier League like Balotelli in the rain. Time to be relegated..."

If Lawro slides down the sofa in that laconic way of his anymore, he''ll be on the floor next week.

"To be fair Gary, it was a great stop by the lad Floor, but did Lawro go down too easily?"

"Well Al, he was having to watch Nor-thingy City, he had every right to go down..."

Particularly liked it when he said that the "ref gave Norwich a helping hand", and cut to some highlights to make his point.Except, they then proceeded to berate Tierney for going down far too easily, but agreed it was a red card for intent even if no contact was made. They also illustrated that the ref gave a penalty correctly against Barnett. So, er, Lawro how did the ref help Norwich then? Barnett should have been booked for his late challenge, that was about it.No mention of the goals, no mention of tactics, no mention of defensive frailties, no mention of any individual player performances (except for the aformentioned incidents). Was there really any point at all in even bothering to "analyse" the match? Might as well just have showed a few minutes extra highlights instead. I am struggling to see the point of MOTD in its current form.