Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Chris Foy...

Excellent performance, let the game flow and this was evident with the first yellow card being shown very late on.

No particularly big decisions or nasty situations to deal with but let the players take centre stage.

One yellow for a bad tackle and then two for ours for time wasting, was a great display because we barely noticed he was there!

Very true. I remember thinking, half way through the second half, that I could hardly remember him giving a free kick. It seemed that after a while the players cottoned on and stopped falling over.

Excellent refereeing display.

Had a very good game.

Though, actually, despite people criticising Holt for his antics when he came on, Chris Foy did actually get some of those wrong and there should definitely have been some fouls given in Holt''s favour. Though that may have just been through mental and physical tiredness as you could see Foy was struggling a bit with the pace towards the end.

In the first couple of minutes Sessegnon  threw himself over / acted "professionally / was tackled  and lost the ball and Foy was having none of it, and this good decision making continued throughout the game. There was one instance towards the end of the game where Holty (I think) made no effort to get the ball and let himself get a knock fron the Sunderland centre back who was going for the ball and he gave the free kick to Sunderland which I thought was the right decision, maybe that''s one of the instances Beausant is referring to.

I thought he was excellent, and we hardly noticed him.

Today''s ref is Chis Foy. Looks like we liked him a lot when he reffed the Sunderland game earlier this season. He also gave the ludicrous decision when he sent off Kompany in the Man City v Man Utd cup game. Lets hope he gives a good performance today and we''re not talking about him like the refs in our last two games.

It''s hard for refs. Had we held City to a draw, he would have been crucified for the decision not to award Tevez a penalty and instead book him. As it is, that didn''t matter in the end, so it is easily overlooked, and we can say that the rest of the game he was pretty decent.

But that "pretty decent" rating could have been turned around to see him having cost Man City the title, and all the furor that would have come with such a thing, had they not gone on to win the game despite his error.

Liked it went he booked Nasri for a cynical foul on Bennett a couple of minutes after it happened when the ball finally went out of play. Thought he was a decent ref today.

[quote user="baldyboy"]thought he was excellent again today!!![/quote]Not the view from the Barclay and Snakepit, unless you were deaf of course.I thought he was very slow with the whistle and reluctant to make any decision in a controversial area. He was especially lenient with pushing and holding from corners and freekicks. When defenders know it goes unpunished its no surprise they continue to do it.