Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

marc tierney appreciation thread

I struggle with the moaning about it when its a steven reid against us and then praising tierney. For me it wrong and both are examples of cheating.

If you can praise MT or GH for the same then you cant then moan about it when it happens the other way, or bemoan the ref who has been conned.

But its the game now

thats exactly the point zipper... no one likes it but if thats what the prem is all about then best we get on board with it or become gallant losers who get patronised , patted on the head, and sent back to the championship for anoth 7 years [:D]

This kind of acting isn''t nice, but as so many players now do it new players are pretty much forced into doing it to try and help keep the balance of the refereeing decisions even. If Tierney hadn''t reacted to the headbutt it probably wouldn''t have been noticed. When on MOTD they said about Lambert having a word with Tierney about his reaction I thought that was ridiculous - Lambert probably told him to do it!

ok we have now joined the premiership cheating society. We are now part of the elite club. So lets not moan and complain when other players dive, over react, etc and are awarded penalties or get our players sent off. Its a sad reflection of the times but we will have to live with it. By the way MT - well done

When I first saw Tierney go down, I must admit I was embarrassed at his reaction. I soon came to my senses however and thought that we have been on the wrong end of this type of thing on numerous occasions this season, and if Tierney didn''t go down, I doubt the player would have been punished despite committing a red card offence. We didn''t turn up at the Reebok Stadium to do Bolton any favours and no club would let any of our player''s actions go unnoticed, so therefore I applaud Tierney for making a big deal out of the incident. I don''t like the fact that we have to lower ourselves to these standards, but if it gives us a greater chance of getting something out a game, then I''m all for it; standards have been set and to give ourselves a greater chance of surviving in this league, we have to play by them.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Tierneys a God too! [;)][/quote]

That''s fine as long as we don''t get hysterical every time an opponent takes a dive. I''m sure you wouldn''t dream of being such a hypocrite Wiz [;)]

If you''re touched in this league you''re entitled to go down and then it''s up to the ref to decide whether it was justified. It is naive to do otherwise. Tierney did the right thing IMO unless he was not touched, in which case it was cheating.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

That''s fine as long as we don''t get hysterical every time an opponent takes a dive. I''m sure you wouldn''t dream of being such a hypocrite Wiz [;)]

[/quote]That''s the whole nature of a Football fan, complain if it''s given against you, praise if it''s for you.

v Wigan, when they had their 2nd penalty appeal turned down when R Martin tapped Di Santo''s ankle, Shearer said "if you are touched, you are entitled to go down".

If this is the case them why would the same not apply whether that touch occurs to legs, arms, or head?

Klasnic clearly touches Tierney so its not as if there is no contact (which would be worse). You can tell from Klasnic''s reaction that he knows he''s done the wrong thing.

MOTD = double standards!!! If we can''t beat em, let''s join em!!

It makes my foot itch!!

Whilst I hate all the play acting, we have to wise up and I think Klasnic would not have been sent of had Tierney not made a meal of it!

We have had it done to us so far and we''ll have more so we have to play them at their own game!

http://www.holtamania.com/2011/09/18/marc-tierney-dark-knight/Not quite sure how this link hasn''t made it onto this thread already!Tierney has been great so far. Very pleased he''s made the step up so well.

I direct you to Wiz''s comment on the second page. So you have an agenda against foreigners then Wizard?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]Lol, Wiz - hysterical, never!

[quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D]
[/quote]

Yep, a real honour, welcome aboard.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D][/quote]

Yep, a real honour, welcome aboard.[Y][/quote]There must be something about lowestoft folk that makes people want to keep digging them up. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D][/quote]

Yep, a real honour, welcome aboard.[Y][/quote]There must be something about lowestoft folk that makes people want to keep digging them up. [:D]

[/quote]Yep, I think it''s to make sure they''re dead...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Yep, I think it''s to make sure they''re dead...[/quote]We may see Wiz on "ghoul of the week" then. [H]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

More likely that those doing the digging have such sad lives they have the time to do so.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="im spartacus"]can i just say what an honour it is to have a thread i started being revived after 2 years, i feel like i have really made it [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

More likely that those doing the digging have such sad lives they have the time to do so.

[/quote]

I bet they haven''t made the most of their opportunities have they Crafty? Much less sad to dig out the Daily Mail and see if you measure up....