Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

On the basis of last night...

Absolutely, definately not. But after last Sunday i rose in confidence about us staying up.

would be foolish if your opinion has changed following last nights result.

You can not base your opinion on a freak cup result, did you see Man Utd do this last season? no

I wouldnt say my opinion on whether we have a chance of staying up or not, it has made me realise that maybe less players than I thought were actually good enough for the Premiership, I still think we will stay up BUT if we get injuries and suspensions and have to rely on those who played last night I will be seriously worried!!

it was clear from the players on the pitch last night that Lambert is only thinking about the Chelsea game and League. Don''t have a problem with that....would happily take all the verbal abuse from people as long as we stay up this season!....at least it was only 4-0!....could have been 7-1!

Fair enough we fielded a different team, but surely this is an opportunity for squad players to rise to the challenge and show the gaffer what they can do.

We still had players in the team that are in our starting 11 and fringe players,

I am not here to say whether we will stay upbased on this one game but we should not lose 4-0 to a team of MK dons standard, we are a premiership team that should still turn up and perform, would not have minded if it was one or two but 4!!!!!

Declan Rudd is our second keeper,

Not good, sorry mr lambert!

My only regret is that QPR, Swansea and Sunderland also adopted a sensible attitude to the Cup. We could do with a few lower Prem sides getting carried away just as Brum and West Ham did last season.  

after som thought.......I''m glad we''re out. i''d rather have another season in ''the promised land'' as journalists call it than any sort of cup run

Stayed the same. The only thing I''m concerned with is the injuries picked up last night, particularly Hoolahan''s injury which appeared to be with his hamstring, hoping it''s just a slight strain instead of a tear.

Stayed exactly the same. Past seasons should have taught us that there is no correlation between League Cup results and League success, and there never has been. Going back as far as our 3 Wembley finals in the League Cup, two of them were in seasons when we were struggling against relegation, and the other was in a promotion season.Success or failure in one competition has no bearing on the other one.

Most of last night''s team played a significant role in getting us automatically promoted from the Championship, so I would say that a poor performance against League 1 opposition is not an accurate reflection of their abilities. There could be a number of reasons for the disappointing showing, but I don''t think their overall ability is the main one.

As has been stated above, we have never had a cup run under Lambert but it has not affected our League form.

Last nights performance means nothing, much like the pre-season friendlies.

Like someone else said, Man United lost to West Ham last year conceding 4...think they won title!

I''m quite pleased its over and done with now. Disappointed Wes could be injured however!