Sign in to follow this  

Firstly i hope his injury is not bad as i am sure he can make a contribution in the coming months and seems veryhighly rated i cannot remember a Norwich player being given a 4 year contract.

That said he caught the team bug last night and had a real stinker, pity in his first start

Yea, I hope Ayala''s injury isn''t too bad. It did look quite bad when we got up and went back down straight away a few times. Hopefully it''s nothing bad. He is meant to be a good player, and highly rated.

Michaela.x

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Firstly i hope his injury is not bad as i am sure he can make a contribution in the coming months and seems veryhighly rated i cannot remember a Norwich player being given a 4 year contract.

That said he caught the team bug last night and had a real stinker, pity in his first start[/quote]I take it you were not there vs Stoke then ?Thats 2 posts in a row Ive read by you that are just "wahhhh wahhh wahhh"

Highly rated by Derby fans but I thought he looked suspect v Stoke (got done for their goal) and by all accounts was poor last night. Lets hope its just a settling in process!

I don''t want to see him starting on saturday!

[quote user="Canarino"]He didn''t start against Stoke, N_C, he came on as a sub when Barnett was sent off.[/quote]I know I was sat there......so whats your point ?

Thanks Kiwi, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

Nexus, are you either an angry young man or an old man who had too much prune juice for breakfast?

Either way, could you relieve yourself in the loo and not all over this board?

Point being he slotted in when we went down to ten men and did a very fine job in a situation that had far more pressure than a cup run.

Yes i agree he did slot in reasonably well v Stoke albeit he was beaten for the header. my main point was that i hope he is ok and is highly rated but he did have a stinker last night albeit everyone did

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Yes i agree he did slot in reasonably well v Stoke albeit he was beaten for the header. my main point was that i hope he is ok and is highly rated but he did have a stinker last night albeit everyone did[/quote]By the sounds of it everyone had a stinker.I dont think the "do or die" vibe was especially out there from anyone.We did this last season as well vs Orient. So I was not even surprised tbh.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Highly rated by Derby fans but I thought he looked suspect v Stoke (got done for their goal) and by all accounts was poor last night. Lets hope its just a settling in process!

I don''t want to see him starting on saturday![/quote]Were you at the Stoke game?I saw his performance there completely different he defended well and at times I fretted a little because he appeared to clear the ball rather than play it out but it turned out both his distribution with his head and feet was excellent.I heard he had a stinker last night though!(Wonders if getting his name on the back of my away shirt was a mistake [8-|] )

He looked decent in the highlights and certainly all the press reported that he played well and Calverhouse said he did well in that game.Let''s not do the pathetic thing that we always seem to do by lynching players without giving them a fair chance.

Yes, well quite right too clearly somebody has cloned his physical appearance and locked the real Surman in a basement in Ipswich.. I mean that is the only justification you could have for lynching a player who last season everyone was bowing before his greatness!..

Wait?... what''s that you''re not suggesting he''s been cloned and the real Surman has been kidnapped? Oh right..[:^)]Honestly find it baffling!

Ayala looks really really good when tight on the attacker. Many times last night he got his foot around to nick the ball away. I''m hoping some of his positional play was down to the fact he hasn''t had much time alongside Whitbread.