Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Time is Running Out

Next saturday we are playing Aston Villa, probably the most gutless team to visit carrow road this season. We are currently 5 & 6 points behind Fulham and Blackburn (Having only won 2 games all season) and 2 points behind Crystal Palace.

If we can score goals we will have a chance, if not its game-over already (unless Andy Johnson breaks a leg). We don''t get too many winable games in the course of a season but Villa is certainly a decent chance of an away win, but we need a striker and one who is at least on first name terms with his team mates and has had a chance to train with them.

So by my count we have 5 days to roll the dice in whatever direction Worthy sees fit and if we are to capitulate and prepare for relegation we will still require a striker who will give us a fair crack at promotion again next season.

My  disappointment at not signing a quality striker last summer has not reduced, if we had im sure we would be sitting pretty in mid table now. If we give up without a fight I''m sure carrow rd will not be a regular sell out in the Championship next year.

Heres hoping.

Nice one KG, I''ll ignore the first paragraph as it tells us what we already know. As for the rest? Shall I put you on the long list of supporters who keep talking DOWN our chances of survival? Seems to me that critcising the lack of a new striker on the 7th Jan may be a touch premature. Please please please, if you''ve nothing positive to say....say nothing!!!

I agree, we need to sign a striker sooner rather than later.  The transfer window has been open a week now and all we have had are rumours. 

Like you say whoever they sign, he will need to fit in the team and be slightly familiar with the other team members.  Helveg and Jonsson took a while settling in but I feel a striker has got to get it together a bit sooner.  

Come on you Yellows !

I suppose you should put me on that list as I was on it when the last transfer window slammed shut without us having a decent goalscorer.

Sorry that I think we have been short changed so far this season, I wasn''t aware I had to justify myself to the thought police.

Last time I looked this was a discussion forum and we lived in a free country.

All I was trying to say is in my opinion if we sign Ronaldo on the 31st of January it would be a waste of time and that they should get on with whatever the strategy is as time is passing us by.

Thats what I think, KG.  Surely Worthy and the Board know what they are going to do, so why wait until the end of the month? Its no good losing another couple of games and then signing someone.  McKenzie is out for the time being (not that he scored, but thats another subject!!!).  

Come on you Yellows!

Well said Keelan, you are entitled to your opinion and if others don''t like it then they are entitled to debate it with you.  What I don''t like are little meaningless comments that come when someone disagrees with you.  My favourite has to be "Why don''t you go support Ip***** then?"

Anyhow, I think it''s important we buy someone quickly, just a player for the squad who can play up front for now.  Crowe & Jarvis have very little experience and it''s hard to play them both together, one with a veteran is fine but not the two together as there is no-one to guide them through the match if needed.  Both have talent no doubt but I would love to see Jonson given a go up front and get a couple past the Hammers, I think his first goal/s would do him the world of good.

Remember last sataday i had a feeling in my water that we would win with a goal in the last 5 minutes of the game? Well i got the goal right but that was it ! But my waters are telling me this week we will get thumped at least 3 - 0.

Lets hope im wrong again!

[quote]Nice one KG, I''ll ignore the first paragraph as it tells us what we already know. As for the rest? Shall I put you on the long list of supporters who keep talking DOWN our chances of survival? Seems t...[/quote]

This board would be mind-numbingly boring if everyone on it was a chirpy blind-optimist. The whole point of this thing is to debate stuff!

Well KG I appologise, it would seem that the majority are in agreement with you on this, it just seems to me that the optomism of last July and August has long evaporated despite, what I consider to be a very good attempt to bridge the gap on minimal resources. That optomism has been replaced by pessimism in the form of Criticising the Board, the manager and some if not all the players. Accusing the board of running up the white flag at this stage of the season (especially after last years ''miracles'') is a real shame. Has anybody got any doubts about Worthy''s commitment to the club? (he is the driving force behind our resurgeance in recent years after all) As for the players, most are making a huge step up in class, some have come from abroad and need time (and our support) to settle in. Now I was never suggesting that we should be ''chirpy or blindly optomistic'' but that we should remember that it''s going to take a little more time to reach the heights we''d like to reach than we''d hoped for. We'' ve come a long way in a short time, let''s back them with everything we''ve got.....look on the bright side we could be following the Baggies.