Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wolf

Fickle.

One bad performance in a meaningless cup game and look what happens on this forum:

• Posters calling for the team to be fined for one loss

• Threads speculating over Lambert''s possible replacement when he gets sacked or leaves

• Several threads openly criticising individual players'' overall ability based on one bad performance- some of whom have played a massive part in either or both of our recent heroic promotions

• Posts calling into question Lambert''s Premier League squad selection

• People saying they should get their money back just because we got beaten badly by a team who were better on the day

• People suggesting that based on this one performance we are doomed and will have no chance in the Premiership instantly forgetting the brilliant performance we turned in just two days previously against a very strong, etablished Premier league team who are competing in Europe.

Get a grip!!!

It really is disgusting how fickle some Norwich ''fans'' can be.

Dont be daft. We all know it was not a priority that was why there were 11 changes. That said the 13000 of us that turned up expected a decent shift from the ones that played who should have seized the opportunity to impress the management team that they were worth a starting line up in the premiership

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"]

One bad performance in a meaningless cup game and look what happens on this forum:

• Posters calling for the team to be fined for one loss

• Threads speculating over Lambert''s possible replacement when he gets sacked or leaves

• Several threads openly criticising individual players'' overall ability based on one bad performance- some of whom have played a massive part in either or both of our recent heroic promotions

• Posts calling into question Lambert''s Premier League squad selection

• People saying they should get their money back just because we got beaten badly by a team who were better on the day

• People suggesting that based on this one performance we are doomed and will have no chance in the Premiership instantly forgetting the brilliant performance we turned in just two days previously against a very strong, etablished Premier league team who are competing in Europe.

Get a grip!!!

It really is disgusting how fickle some Norwich ''fans'' can be.

[/quote]

Spot on Charlie, after what Lambert and the team has achieved over the last 2 years it was a disgusting reaction.

Disgusting reaction? Did you go or sit at home Wizard? I went and I was disgusted at the attitude of the players and the lack of fight, it doesnt matter that it was a cup game, I paid good money to watch people who I thought would wear the shirt with pride and try and force there way into being a regular first team starter but what we got was pathetic!! Stop being a keyboard warrior who criticises people when they pay good money to get behind a team, get off your aris and show the same support the 13000 did last night and see for yourself!! If that is the standard of back up players we now have it could be a very long hard season.

I can sort-of see where the OP is coming from but there is no mass over-reaction - and there certainly wasn''t last night.

I don''t know if you went to the game but that was one of the most inept Norwich performances I''ve seen in a long, long time and certain people are commenting - quite rightly - that the likes of Surman and Fox and Drury and R Martin don''t deserve a shot at the XI if that''s the extent of their desire and ability.

Even losing 4-0 at home to a League One side - aided by two shocking ''assists'' - didn''t result in a mass booing at the end. The supporters were fairly muted and disgusted at the level of commitment shown by the players rather than any personal attacks on Lambert or the club in general.

We were hammered at home by a side two divisions below us and some players played appallingly. People should be allowed to comment on this on an NCFC discussion forum.

Excellent post, its a meaning less cup that i would rather be out of. You pay your money for entry knowing full well that carling cup games will be poor hence the ticket price. In my eyes these early rounds are not much better in quality than a pre-season warm up. Look at the other match last night aswell.

Those players have battled and given there all over the last two seasons and have made me proud to be a city fan. In my eyes they have shown more fight and pride in the shirt than any other city team i can remember.

Out of those 13000 people who attended last night many would have been people who cannot see league football at carrow road as they cannot get a ticket. If they wish to have an opinion after seeing one game then let them.

Just don''t come on here and start spouting rubbish about getting your money back, the squads ability and lamberts future. You are the people that will sit in your seat when times get hard this season and moan and turn carrow road into morgue. Personally i will be behind the best squad i have seen in years at carrow road and get right behind the boys when they need that huge carrow road lift.

I am a season ticket holder and have been for God knows how long, and yes they have done well the last two seasons, BUT its about here and now and last night was disgraceful, if that is the standard of replacement should regulars get injured or suspended then we are in the mire big time!!! It may be the best squad in years but the big question is can it keep us up, on last nights performance that is highly questionable!!

I have no problems with losing in the cup, probably think it''s wise. But for some supporters it''s going to be the only home game they get to see this season. If the club charge the supporters to watch the match I would expect to see 100% effort in. I wasn''t there last night, but I think on paper you can tell there was no effort put in otherwise we would have beaten them. I just think it''s unfair to charge supporters for a game which seemed as though it was forfeited before it even started.

Let me make this clear though, no way would I discipline any players or management, I just think out of good gesture the club should refund supporters tickets.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Disgusting reaction? Did you go or sit at home Wizard? I went and I was disgusted at the attitude of the players and the lack of fight, it doesnt matter that it was a cup game, I paid good money to watch people who I thought would wear the shirt with pride and try and force there way into being a regular first team starter but what we got was pathetic!! Stop being a keyboard warrior who criticises people when they pay good money to get behind a team, get off your aris and show the same support the 13000 did last night and see for yourself!! If that is the standard of back up players we now have it could be a very long hard season.
[/quote]

With spoilt kids like you with your dumb reactions thank God I wasn''t there!

If you want total success go follow Manure, I was at Carrow Road at the weekend, did you bleat and wine then?...my guess...probably.

read my other reply to you on a different thread, I pay my money i dont expect success, but is it too much to ask for EFFORT and PASSION and PRIDE? Get off your behind and get down to Carrow Road instead of criticising me and others who feel extremely let down!!!!I aint a spoilt kid either, you behave like that enough and you have the cheek to call others names! Just as I said, i am unemployed and still paid money to witness that, so go and criticise others, i have put enough money into this Club and I will have my opinion whether you like it or not!!! You always have to be rude and resort to name calling etc, but over the years you have yo yoed more than ANYONE with your opinions!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]read my other reply to you on a different thread, I pay my money i dont expect success, but is it too much to ask for EFFORT and PASSION and PRIDE? Get off your behind and get down to Carrow Road instead of criticising me and others who feel extremely let down!!!!

I aint a spoilt kid either, you behave like that enough and you have the cheek to call others names! Just as I said, i am unemployed and still paid money to witness that, so go and criticise others, i have put enough money into this Club and I will have my opinion whether you like it or not!!! You always have to be rude and resort to name calling etc, but over the years you have yo yoed more than ANYONE with your opinions!!
[/quote]

Learn to read, already said I did.

So people who work their butts off paid for your seat then?...terrific.

As I said on a previous thread, I feel sorry for the fans that paid money to watch such a lackluster performance but this doesn''t change my perception of our squad or if we will survive in this league. I have read people posting that certain players were very poor and if we ever have to rely on them we have no chance; R. Martin for example was one of the best right backs in the league last season, do people truly think that he has turned into a poor player over night and all of a sudden lacks passion for the club? Don''t get me wrong, I''m not condoning players acting like they couldn''t care less when fans have paid money to see them play, but lets not make it cloud our judgement over our chances of survival. I remember last year we lost in a poor performace to Leyton Orient in the FA Cup, people then began to doubt if we could maintain our good form and that an early round loss to a team from a lower league could knock our confidence, well it didn''t and I don''t believe this result will either - Lambert is our manager and I highly doubt we will see them players putting in so little effort again. I think the boys will be raring to go Saturday afternoon. OTBC

who paid for my seat? ME with my pension from 26 years in the Forces, I do not take JSA thank you very much you prick!!!! And yes I will be offensive when you are so rude and dont know yet again what you are talking about!!!!Go and boil yourself in your pot!

so now we should all hail to the superior one that is FIRST WIZARD who knows that I dont pay for my season ticket, and last nites ticket as he has the FACTS about what I spend my money on!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]who paid for my seat? ME with my pension from 26 years in the Forces, I do not take JSA thank you very much you prick!!!! And yes I will be offensive when you are so rude and dont know yet again what you are talking about!!!!

Go and boil yourself in your pot!
[/quote]

Wiz 1  Leechyboy -3

now he resorts to name calling Leechyboy, no shouldnt that be SPONGER as i sponge according to you you prat

Sorry,

Disagree to a point, I dont like the booing and the panicking but please understand

League 1 side v Fringe players competing for a premiership squad place.........does not equal a 4 nil thrashing, the 13000 fans deserved a team that would turn up and have a go, show the bloody manager what you can do......sorry mate your wrong and we are better than that, or are we!!!!!

baldyboy, did you really think that you were going to see a good game of football last night? If so you need to look at what this cup has become over the years and how many teams now approach it now. Its extra games a squad like ours does not need. These guys have the reserve matches to prove themselves and from what i was told did so well against blackburn the other night.

I am sure we have all been to work at some point and turned in a bad performance.

In reality the "Fickle Fans" are the ones who can''t wait to get down to Carrow Road for Premier League games but are nowhere to be seen for Cup games unless we did by some miracle progress to the later rounds.

[quote user="Harry"]In reality the "Fickle Fans" are the ones who can''t wait to get down to Carrow Road for Premier League games but are nowhere to be seen for Cup games unless we did by some miracle progress to the later rounds.[/quote]

Hear, bloody hear!

I went knowing full well we wouldn''t put our strongest team out and our previous record in this cup is hideous, but I wanted to see some of the others in action. However I did expect us to perform to a decent standard and we were really poor when it came to creating chances.

That being said, Messi would have been made to look poor last night in our team so I refrain from making comments on individual players as being useless etc.

Both Swansea and QPR put out sides like Norwich''s last night, a mixture of fringe players, reserves and a few starters. All three lost, Swansea lost 3-1 to Shrewsbury, a league 2 team. This entire competition is essentially viewed as useless by all of the teams in a similair position to Norwich and we shouldn''t be concerned by this result.

[quote user="Harry"]In reality the "Fickle Fans" are the ones who can''t wait to get down to Carrow Road for Premier League games but are nowhere to be seen for Cup games unless we did by some miracle progress to the later rounds.[/quote]spot on.By the logic of some people Carling cup games should be played in an empty ground. Why bother attending and trying to support the club at all levels if the result either doesn''t matter or we''re going out there to lose?Every player on that park should have put a shift in, unfortunatly many didn''t and we got what we deserved. If people don''t have a right to make comment on what we saw last night then we might as well shut down these boards

[quote user="alysha"]

As I said on a previous thread, I feel sorry for the fans that paid money to watch such a lackluster performance but this doesn''t change my perception of our squad or if we will survive in this league. I have read people posting that certain players were very poor and if we ever have to rely on them we have no chance; R. Martin for example was one of the best right backs in the league last season, do people truly think that he has turned into a poor player over night and all of a sudden lacks passion for the club? Don''t get me wrong, I''m not condoning players acting like they couldn''t care less when fans have paid money to see them play, but lets not make it cloud our judgement over our chances of survival. I remember last year we lost in a poor performace to Leyton Orient in the FA Cup, people then began to doubt if we could maintain our good form and that an early round loss to a team from a lower league could knock our confidence, well it didn''t and I don''t believe this result will either - Lambert is our manager and I highly doubt we will see them players putting in so little effort again. I think the boys will be raring to go Saturday afternoon. OTBC

[/quote]

Nice to see some common sense.  The team last night was mainly made up of players that contributed heavily to our 2nd place last year.  So they should have been able to handle MK Dons and it''s disappointing they folded, but it doesn''t mean they''ve turned to rubbish overnight.  I expect Lambert to use this to motivate the whole squad.

I haven''t said they had turned rubbish, but that doesn''t alter the fact that they showed no passion

Over the last couple of days I can''t help but feel that there''s way too many City supporters whom are grown men that practically love the melodrama/getting unbelievably hysterical as soon as the slightest opportunity arises... over a tenner... Or was it the performance?... Or was it really the tenner?.