Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Starting 11 Vs. Chelsea

I would go with:

Ruddy

Naughton      Barnett     De Laet     Tierney

Bennett       Crofts     Johnson      Pilkington

Morison     Holt

Essentially the same starting 11 which started against stoke with the exception of Morison in for C.Martin. I think it''s important we play with two wingers in Bennett and Pilkington, as not only does it provide us with an attacking outlet, it should ristrict Chelsea''s wing play more than playing the narrower diamond. I''d keep Crofts and Johnson in middle in the hope that they will break up some of Chelsea''s play, stick their foot in and make Chelsea aware of their presence.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Barnett is suspended?[/quote]

He only had a 1 match ban and served his suspension againt MK Dons

Holt looked miles out of his depth against Stoke. I''d let him warm the bench and give Morison the nod on his own up front. Looks more mobile, and more handy in the air to me.

Ruddy

De Laet Barnett

Naughton Tierney

Crofts Johnson

Bennett Martin Pilkington

Morison

Ruddy

Martin Naughton Ayala Barnett De Laet Whitbread Tierney Drury

Crofts               Johnson

.......and then pray !!!!!!!!!!!

I genuinely think we can win on Saturday if we field a team looking like this:

Tierney

Tierney Tierney Tierney Tierney

Tierney Tierney Tierney Tierney

Tierney McDonald

I''m not sure what formation I think will serve us better to be honest! The 442 we deployed against Stoke, or a 4231 and look to attack on the break with pace.

Could this be an effective option?

Ruddy

Naughton DeLaet Barnett Tierney

Johnson Crofts

Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington

Morison/Holt

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett De Laet Tierny

Fox Johnson

Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington

Morison

Hardworking, pacy and can pass and keep the ball.

Chelseas midfield is narrow so when defending Fox, Johnson & Hoolahan dig deep to combat their movement, while Bennett & Pilkington assist the FB covering Anelka and Malouda.

Going forward we have pace and movement as well as a physical presence.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Out of interest for the people that haven''t included Holt and R.Martin who do they think will take the armband?

[/quote]

I know I''ve named Holt, but if there was no Holt and R.Martin - Hoolahan, if no Hoolahan either - Crofts

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett De Laet Whitbread Tierney

Ayala

Fox

Bennett Pilkington

Holt

Hahahahahaha,

Nah really I would go with

Ruddy

Naughton Barnett De laet Tierney

Bennett Crofts Johnson Lappin

Martin

Holt

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Ruddy

Martin Naughton Ayala Barnett De Laet Whitbread Tierney Drury

Crofts               Johnson

.......and then pray !!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

haha, we could line up all of our players along the goal line, half standing and the other half on their shoulders so the whole goal is covered [:D]

[quote user="Titch.Canary"]Ruddy

Naughton Barnett De Laet Tierney

Bennett Fox Johnson Pilkington

Morison Holt[/quote]That''s my shout too, hope all are fit to go.

Unless Norwich play much, much deeper than usual They''ll need at least three central midfielders to mark Chelsea''s three central midfielders, because if Norwich play a high pressure game with a man disadvantage in the midfield to Chelsea they might as well give up. Either a 4-3-3 that matches Chelsea''s or some variation of a 4-5-1 woud make the most logical sense, something like:GK: RuddyRB: NaughtonRCB: BarnettLCB: De LaetLB: TierneyLDM: JohnsonRDM: CroftsRAM/RW: BennettCAM: C.MartinLAM/LW: PilkingtonST:Holt/ MorrisonIf Norwich play a 4-4-2 as some predict, Norwich will, at the very least, concede first and will probably lose. The Wingers will be used to either pin down (i.e. stop the runs) of Chelsea''s attacking full backs or punish them if they do push forward as neither Terry or Alex are fast enough to keep up with either of Norwich''s wingers. The two defensive midfielders will mark both Lampard and Ramires whilst the attacking midfielder will have to drop deep and stop Obi Mikel from having to much time on the ball. If Norwich can stifle Chelsea''s midfield and play with pace behind Chelsea''s very high defensive line (this might justify the starting place of the quicker Morrison), they might have a chance of getting something from this game.

So our best player against Wigan, the most creative player in our squad, gets left out for one game and the majority of people forget he exists. Excellent...

Sorry, I''m lost. Who thought he didn''t exist? Which poster? Name one.

I''m not sure what your understanding of football is but let me help you. Wigan are not Chelsea who are not Man Utd, who are not Villa etc etc...Need I go on?

You see the thing is, with football, when you go out to play every week, the players you play against are different. These are called teams.

Now teams tend to play in different ways and the idea is that you set your team up in the best way to beat the other team.

So for instance, Stoke are a very physical side amongst other more technical things that are too soon for you just yet, so we selected players that would be able to cope with this in the best way.

Chelsea do not play in the same way as stoke do. We will try and pick players for this game too who will also be able to combat the opposition in the best interest of our team.

Does that help?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Sorry, I''m lost. Who thought he didn''t exist? Which poster? Name one.

I''m not sure what your understanding of football is but let me help you. Wigan are not Chelsea who are not Man Utd, who are not Villa etc etc...Need I go on?

You see the thing is, with football, when you go out to play every week, the players you play against are different. These are called teams.

Now teams tend to play in different ways and the idea is that you set your team up in the best way to beat the other team.

So for instance, Stoke are a very physical side amongst other more technical things that are too soon for you just yet, so we selected players that would be able to cope with this in the best way.

Chelsea do not play in the same way as stoke do. We will try and pick players for this game too who will also be able to combat the opposition in the best interest of our team.

Does that help?

[/quote]Wesley who?? LOLThat pretty much sums up premier league tactics.

I''d go with                           RuddyNaughton     Barnett     De Laet     Tierney                     Fox        JohnsonBennett         Hoolahan           Pilkington                        MorisonPossession will be quite hard to come by so we need to make the most of what we get hence the inclusion of Fox and Hoolahan. I don''t think Holty has done an awful lot wrong but the quicker Morison will cause Terry/Alex more problems I feel. Bennett and Pilkington included to try and pin back Cole and Bosingwa with Hoolahan given the job of closing down Mikel and giving Chelsea an easy way out of defence.

I''d be inclinded to got for the exact same formation Shack. I had thought it might be better to have one out-and-out winger with a more defensive man on the other, such as Pilkington and Crofts. However, looking at it we need to press Chelsea and keep their full-backs working defensively. I also agree with Fox instead of Crofts because his passing will be key in this game.

[quote user="Badger"]Holt looked miles out of his depth against Stoke. I''d let him warm the bench and give Morison the nod on his own up front. Looks more mobile, and more handy in the air to me.

[/quote]

??? Which game were you watching? Holty gave some top class defenders a torrid time. Worked his socks off for the team, as always. And there are few strikers about who are better in the air, and I don''t think Morison is one of them.

As I believe PL knows more than I do about his squad i''d go with:                                            Lambert''s choice                                           Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choiceLambert''s choice  Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choice

Lambert''s choice  Lambert''s choiceGuess who I''d have on the bench?

My knowlegde is we will be playing 532 with:

Ruddy

naughton whitbread da leat barnett tierney

crofts hoolahan johnson

c.martin holt

i expect hoolhan to play further forward and our full backs to push up get in behind theirs where they were exposed against west brom. Like the formation and team might have a chance if e can nick an early goal.