Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Well done the board

I''ve been travelling back to uni today so I apologise if this has already been said but just wanted to say a massive well done to the board.  I really didn''t think they had it in them to stump up the cash. 

Well done

DD, contrary to all that was being said publically as well as bandied about by posters in here I think Worthy had more than £1.2M to spend anyway. However, if he didn''t, then the board have shown some ambition by trying to bring Ashton to the club.

I seriously cannot believe there were some questioning the board and what they would do...if anybody EVER questions the board again over money issues and backing the manager; I will personally hunt them down and harpoon them...

[quote]I''ve been travelling back to uni today so I apologise if this has already been said but just wanted to say a massive well done to the board. I really didn''t think they had it in them to stump up the ...[/quote]

Dont suppose Worthy gave the board much choice DD. We''ve seen it all before.

Well, Campbell, you''ll be having a busy few months then. Get down to Makro and buy a big box of harpoons, and if you need any help give me a shout.

I agree that the board has done well - let''s not forget that this is without doubt our biggest ever transfer (fingers crossed it goes though ok) and althogh 2 million nicker doesn''t seem like a lot these days, it''s still a big gamble for us.
Frankly I love gambling, so here''s to 2 million quid (or possibly more) on us staying up!

What pees me off is the dimwits who want this club ran like our impoverished neighbours." I say old chap, we are rather short of the readies what. Have a player old chap, anything you can rustle will do. " Lord SheepyOf course we are going to plead poverty. Of course there was a contingency plan for a boost in the new year and that would not have been £1.2m. Anyone would know that amount would achieve sweet FA. Unlike the upper class buffoon that his Sheepshanks our lot aren''t going to show their hand.Whether a transfer out has been factored into the equation will have to be seen. All evidence points to the Ashton deal being ongoing for a while.So please lets have a bit more support for the board and recognize that they are doing their best and a bit more trust.Now lets knock out the Hammers tomorrow, pull a cracking tie in the next round sand use the extra money made to pay the fees of a couple or so top signings short term as Huckerby & Crouch last season.

I don''t think that buying Ashton for 2 million plus any extras Crewe want is going to turn us into Leeds Utd, do you?

That seems to be what Worthy and the Board are worried about. I know budgets are sensible but very occasionally, so is speculating.

If we hadn''t have speculated last season, we wouldn''t even be here now!