Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Where is the nearest tube station for the Stamford Bridge?

Best getting off at Sloane Square and walking down the Kings Road, where you will pass plenty of pubs if you have time.

This will prevent you waiting in the extremely long ques at Fulham Broadway after the match.

I would drive in via the A102m and Limehouse Link to The Highway, Tower Bridge, Borough, Elephant and Castle to Clapham where I would street park and take the Northern line in to Victoria then Circle/District or else overground from Clapham Junction as per the club directions advice.

You will park free on a side street and be 3 - 4 miles from the ground.

[quote user="Smudger"]Best getting off at Sloane Square and walking down the Kings Road, where you will pass plenty of pubs if you have time. This will prevent you waiting in the extremely long ques at Fulham Broadway after the match.[/quote]

That''s a hell of a walk!...also be aware that buses usually don''t let fans on in team colours on a Saturday afternoon because of previous trouble.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Best getting off at Sloane Square and walking down the Kings Road, where you will pass plenty of pubs if you have time. This will prevent you waiting in the extremely long ques at Fulham Broadway after the match.[/quote]

That''s a hell of a walk!...also be aware that buses usually don''t let fans on in team colours on a Saturday afternoon because of previous trouble.

[/quote]

You can say that again !!

Got off there having come up from Norwich for the FA Cup match in 1968 and it took forever to get to Stamford Bridge. We walked all the way wearing colours so very lucky not to get beaten up ( it was the ''60''s )

Smudger....why not get off at Fulham Broadway before the game and get on again at a station further away after the game ( unless you''re planning to visit all the pubs, of course ....)

The Slug & Lettuce Pub, is worth a look, not far from the ground on the Fulham Rd.

That''s if you don''t mind a bar full of Ozzie''s - it''s big and friendly and on two floors and usually has some Ozzie yellow shirts on the wall! just to make Nodge supporters feel at home!

haha I''m not going tomorrow Smithy - a good idea of yours though, to call in at each of the pubs along the Kings Road, maybe save that for a few post match celebratory drinky plops though???

I do remember it being around a 45 min walk, but plenty to see and do along the way. I have still managed to get back after the match that way quicker than going through Fulham Broadway. I was about 17 years younger the last time I done it though. Sure I could still enjoy doing it if the sunshine is out!